Gay Supporter Group

Remove this Banner Ad

For those who think that this would somehow be divisive, we're pretty well already sliced and diced as it is e.g. interstate and regional supporter groups, coteries, different tiers of membership, BigFooty posters etc. How are these any different from what was proposed by the OP? The existence of these groups is hardly tearing at the fabric of the club. The main thing is if people want to support the club, they should be able to do so however they please.

For those who think that this would somehow be divisive, we're pretty well already sliced and diced as it is e.g. interstate and regional supporter groups, coteries, different tiers of membership, BigFooty posters etc. How are these any different from what was proposed by the OP? The existence of these groups is hardly tearing at the fabric of the club. The main thing is if people want to support the club, they should be able to do so however they please.
Not having a go at you in anyway but that's tripe! If you are a member, there is no such thing as divisiveness. You could be a regional member, interstate member, international member, have an expensive membership, a mid priced membership, a 3 game membership or be apart of a supporter group it makes no difference in my eyes because if you are a paid up member or passionate supporter who lives, breaths and bleeds blue and white you are fall under the only banner that matters, the NMFC family hence why we should all be 1, not scattered here there and everywhere.

Yeah, not big on the whole carving up the supporter base. Surely the common element is North Melbourne and if you share an interest, hobby or life experience with another fan that is just a personal thing. The question is when does it stop? Similar to the thoughts of a Rainbow round. Does every group get a day and if so, aren't we just segregating the supporters.

Unite as one, worry about the rest outside of the club.
At the end of the day we are all the same, we are all human. Being gay, bi, trans or any other sexuality doesn't change that. Why do we (possibly) need to divide gay people from straight people when all love the same thing (the mighty NMFC)? When I go to North games, I treat all North fans like family which means I will hug, cry, high five and even kiss (kissing is saved for nail biting finals wins and GF wins) anyone!

DarwinRoo made the point very well early in this thread when he compared the value of a gay supporter group with KNOW or the Kangaroo Network of Women, which has morphed into the Northern Lights, also a women's supporter group. For those who argue that a gay supporter group creates division in the membership, presumably you would close down the women's supporter group too?

Good luck from me too, DR. Don't forget, if you want support from the club, play down the "North Melbourne" references and emphasize the "Kangaroos".

Sad but true, I suspect.

Pleasingly, "things have changed" for the better in 9 years. Go for it, DarwinRoo.

I can see The Filth Wizard & Twinkletoes bringing the thread up first thing Friday morning at their weekly friday morning knox city fave cafe.

This may even come up before last weeks notes are gone over.

#HailTheRainbowPeople

I'd bloody love a gay supporter group. I could have done with them in the past at Swans home games.

Serious hat though, it's been mentioned before. We're all one here. The North supporter group holds us all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good idea. All groups and coiteries are part of the North family and this could be just another way of bringing gay supporters of the club who don't necessarily engage into the fold.

I don't get the angst tbh.

My bro assures me he is IN and wants presidency in absentia if possible.

This is a raging flamboyant man of the highest order who flies 9 hours to watch us play the scum and also every finals game every year, no questions asked, from Asia.

And buys a family premiership club membership despite attending 1 game a year plus finals.

Is as rabid as they come.

Last edited:
I can see The Filth Wizard & Twinkletoes bringing the thread up first thing Friday morning at their weekly friday morning knox city fave cafe.

This may even come up before last weeks notes are gone over.

#HailTheRainbowPeople

Geez our standards have dropped if we're now venturing beyond the Chaddy Food Court for our weekly hour of power sessions of caffeine fuelled nonsense!

That also helps explain why I sat in said dining area last Friday solo, with nothing but my double shot of espresso for company.

Those bastards!

If the members of the supporters group are still buying a North membership and attending games, etc, and are also opening up membership of their group to all in Sunbury, I fail to see how it is "carving up" anything. In this instance, it's nothing more than a group within a larger group where the former does precisely zero to impact the latter. If I could embed a Venn Diagram, I'd have this all sorted out in a second.

I'm taking the libertarian position here. If the actions of a person or group don't harm myself or others or impinge on our rights in any way, then why would I care? It's the same as if some folk decided to form the 'Tropical Fish Appreciation Society of North Members' or 'Billy Joel Fans for the NMFC'. I'm not particularly interested in joining either, but their existence would cause me no angst whatsoever. On the contrary, if it enhances theirs and others' experience in barracking for the best football club in the world, then I'm all for it (and them).

Geez our standards have dropped if we're now venturing beyond the Chaddy Food Court for our weekly hour of power sessions of caffeine fuelled nonsense!

That also helps explain why I sat in said dining area last Friday solo, with nothing but my double shot of espresso for company.

Those bastards!

Oooo a double espresso man as well. Ah TT we are kindred spirits

Those bastards!

Can you please put on your Agenda for this week the return of l u b instead of meh?

Not having a go at you in anyway but that's tripe! If you are a member, there is no such thing as divisiveness. You could be a regional member, interstate member, international member, have an expensive membership, a mid priced membership, a 3 game membership or be apart of a supporter group it makes no difference in my eyes because if you are a paid up member or passionate supporter who lives, breaths and bleeds blue and white you are fall under the only banner that matters, the NMFC family hence why we should all be 1, not scattered here there and everywhere.
That's the point I was actually trying to make, we are all North supporters. The way that people choose to express their support is entirely up to them.

It's the same as if some folk decided to form the 'Tropical Fish Appreciation Society of North Members' or 'Billy Joel Fans for the NMFC'. I'm not particularly interested in joining either...

I'm calling horse s**t on this one. Even if TOD didn't start the fire, he'd be joining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back