Rumour GCS Player retires due to lost 'passion'

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say a relatively high amount of delistings are basically like this.

Kid gets drafted. He feels a million bucks for a month: there's the moment your name's read out, the days of packing your bags, the first day, having those interviews, getting a swag full of merch, your first training... then another training... then another training... then a team meeting... then it's January and it's 37 degrees and you're up at 7am again, but you haven't even kicked a footy...

I think there's a lot of people who are chuffed to say they were on an AFL list, and who make a hundred grand out of it for their two years, but who coast through doing just enough because they can't be bothered excelling.

In all honesty, I'd probably be the same. Maybe try hard enough to crack one or two games but I'd be extremely happy with that to look back on and be sort of kinda remembered by.

I can tell you I know Josh Glenn very well and it is no way drugs related. Was reluctant to go into the draft but wanted to have a crack. Loves playing footy but can't stand the constant team meetings and other BS that goes with being a league footballer. Is very happy to go back and have a kick in the country with his mates
Are you doing ok post-AFL Josh?

Wanted to prove that he could play professional sport, but couldn't sustain it because following team plays, learning about game plans, understanding his opponents, etc, was all too much.

That to me says he didn't make it, he failed.
How many games of AFL have you played? Do you think of yourself as a failure. Maybe you view becoming a mod on bigfooty as making it?

I would say a relatively high amount of delistings are basically like this.

Kid gets drafted. He feels a million bucks for a month: there's the moment your name's read out, the days of packing your bags, the first day, having those interviews, getting a swag full of merch, your first training... then another training... then another training... then a team meeting... then it's January and it's 37 degrees and you're up at 7am again, but you haven't even kicked a footy...

I think there's a lot of people who are chuffed to say they were on an AFL list, and who make a hundred grand out of it for their two years, but who coast through doing just enough because they can't be bothered excelling.

In all honesty, I'd probably be the same. Maybe try hard enough to crack one or two games but I'd be extremely happy with that to look back on and be sort of kinda remembered by.
This is so true! The exact mindset of so many.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

So in other words he just didn't want to be a professional sportsman.

Why do you act as if this is a bad thing? As with Boston, they got to the highest level of sport and played AFL, and decided they didn't like the lifestyle. That's completely understandable. They go off into the real world now and football is a hobby, not a job.

Why do you act as if this is a bad thing? As with Boston, they got to the highest level of sport and played AFL, and decided they didn't like the lifestyle. That's completely understandable. They go off into the real world now and football is a hobby, not a job.
Who said it was a bad thing?

I simply stated he wasn't willing to be a professional sportsman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanted to prove that he could play professional sport, but couldn't sustain it because following team plays, learning about game plans, understanding his opponents, etc, was all too much.

That to me says he didn't make it, he failed.
Well it doesn't particularly matter what you think, does it? He didn't have the passion for it, so he left to do something else and made room for someone who did. Footy isn't everything.

look he may have lost passion but the main reason was that he supposedly has 2 drug strikes and has been bingeing since pretty much round 23. This is all what I've been told by the way by a source. Also a player recently retired had the same problem but apparently was far worse... almost Cousins level.

look he may have lost passion but the main reason was that he supposedly has 2 drug strikes and has been bingeing since pretty much round 23. This is all what I've been told by the way by a source. Also a player recently retired had the same problem but apparently was far worse... almost Cousins level.
That's not entertaing salacious gossip (like some kid who chose coke over AFL, instead of the hundreds who choose lagers over potentially the AFL), that's genuinely sad – Cuzzy is a bonafide, no doubt-about-it drug addict. Hope the Suns keep in contact with the bloke because any support network gives that unlikely chance as opposed to no chance.

Any hints?

The pizza shop in question makes one hell of a good bbq chicken pizza if you get them on a good day.
Why its used for "other purposes" is a mystery as its in full view of a million passing cars on the GC highway.

Yeah but when he's 50 n broke living like most broke 50 year olds he'll regret it.

179505-Jacksonville-Jaguars-wtf-guy-g-d9yu.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back