Arts & Humanities GD Cricket thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was the bees knees when i grew up, the master blaster, the calypso king. I would like to ask him what he thinks of Australian hydro available today, compared to the old fashioned cincemella and purple head readily available in his touring days

Cricket's greatest beard. And captain/coach/selector/best bat/best bowler circa 2010.
943018_573911639315442_2040114661_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richardson can bowl, but he disappoints with the main aim of bowling - taking wickets. his domestic one day record is good but that is all.... from a technical point of view he hasn't got a great run up. it's got a bit of doug bollinger about it. very bustling... but his last few strides are beautiful. got the "rock back", hits the crease hard, comes over the top and in general it's a great delivery action. but it needs more than that to be a good bowler. has loads of potential.

shouldn't be playing international cricket yet. needs time to find his feet at state level first and has been thrust through the ranks which is a bit weird given we have plenty of other blokes who have earned a shot.

Bloke at the WACA on Sunday got chucked out for shouting Allahu Akhbar at Amla. Incessantly. Dickhead.

Please tell me you're not serious?

******* Perth ffs! Amla is one classy guy on and off the field, probably score a triple century next time he plays a WACA test. If they ever have WACA tests again that is.

Glenn Maxwell is a waste of Oxygen. He might be worth $1m to an IPL team owner, but he should be top 25 in the Aussie selectors' minds, not top 10 as he seems to be.

Shane Watson should be dropped from the test team. Forever. I mean he's been playing tests since 2005 and averages 36. Four 100s from a bloke who has played 52 tests predominantly in the top order. His bowling is OK but he strikes at 70 and averages not much more than a wicket per test.

Mitch Marsh should stay at 6 in the test team.

James Faulkner should play at 7 in the ODI team. He'd make a great test #7, but we don't have a need for him at this point in that format.

Please tell me you're not serious?

******* Perth ffs! Amla is one classy guy on and off the field, probably score a triple century next time he plays a WACA test. If they ever have WACA tests again that is.
One Freo poster said a few years ago that he stopped going to ODIs at the WACA because he heard some of the worst racist sledges he'd ever heard.

I've only been to an ODI v England there in 2011 so I haven't experienced much myself but stories from that poster and a few others aren't painting a pretty picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back