Food, Drink & Dining Out GD Meet Up 2015: STRIKE BOWLING Date TBC

I know some of you had met before, but how do the introductions go for people you know off an internet forum?

BigFooty member that goes to the wrong place: "Oh hai there, I'm so and so from BigFooty"

Random stranger not from BigFooty: "WTF is BigFooty?"

No need to go to the wrong place, you usually pick a venue and book a table, PM prior and/or give mobile number, so it is pretty easy to find each other.

I've met probably well over 50 people off Big Footy, never introduced myself to the wrong person thus far.

The dinner of champions.

Well chalk me up as a living legend then. Cause I've had it for dinner two nights in a row now.

Yeah it can be a little hard / awkward sometimes. The first one I went to was a meeting of the North and Essendon boards before the final last year. Couldn't exactly say "look for the guy in the north jumper".

You have a supporter base of 3 don't you?

So you could say that actually.

:)

You have a supporter base of 3 don't you?

So you could say that actually.

:)
Touche. But there were more North there than pussy cats to watch the glory the following week

It's weird.

Once you've met many people off BF it makes it hard to tell fibs about yourself online which is quite the downside.:thumbsdown:
What fibs?

I'll pretend to believe all of them

No need to go to the wrong place, you usually pick a venue and book a table, PM prior and/or give mobile number, so it is pretty easy to find each other.

I've met probably well over 50 people off Big Footy, never introduced myself to the wrong person thus far.

Well chalk me up as a living legend then. Cause I've had it for dinner two nights in a row now.

I'd be about the same as well. Has never really bothered me meeting people off BF.
And I've never introduced myself to the wrong person either.

Once you've met many people off BF it makes it hard to tell fibs about yourself online which is quite the downside.:thumbsdown:

I agree with this statement. Although in my case only 1 person I have met actually ventures off the Freo or Main Board on a regular basis so I can lie over here but not on there.

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Username then actual name.

Or actual name then username.

Is the polite thing to say **** off Jose if that poster introduces himself at one of these shindigs ??? :D

how do i get a milk crate?
By having 40,020 more posts. :thumbsu:

Not going to lie, I have a mild interest in going along to one of these and pretending to be a different user.:)
We had a mod meet up a while back and I was very late arriving because of work holding me up. Ant was already there and he attempted introducing himself to me as Teffy. :D

Back