Entertainment & Music GD Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

New Moon on Monday

That was the follow up single from their Seven and the Ragged Tiger album.

This was the lead single, monster track.

I heard some dumb chick off one of those panel shows, probably Chrissy Swan or Mia Whatserface saying how they interviewed Duran Duran recently and how they blew them off.

Well what did they expect? They probably just talked about how they thought Simon Le Bon was hot while ignoring all their great music and videos.

They wouldn't know the Seven and the Ragged Tiger album if they fell over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

carbuttoncloth.jpg

The Alt-Pop masters The Lemonheads, that album should be called "How to pick up chicks playing 3 or 4 chords on acoustic guitar".

I play their songs on acoustic guitar and chicks love it, they think you're Evan Dando, I play their songs by myself a lot too though just because I love them.

Bit of NZED for you plug....
great band criminally underrated..
and just a great song..

Love this song.

One of Dunedin's finest The Chills.

Yeah I love the laid back feel of their songs and they are great to play on acoustic guitar.

When I was doing a van tour around Europe we stopped off at some little town in Spain, we went to a bar there where a few older Spanish guys were playing flamenco style guitars. They were really good so we stayed there listening to them while knocking back a few drinks, the bartenders are very generous with their pouring of spirits in Spain so we were getting pretty hammered and I then drunkenly boasted to these guys that I could play acoustic guitar.

To my surprise they gave me one of their guitars and told me to play a song, I was like "oh s**t" because I was nowhere near as good as them but I just played one of the simplest songs I could think of that I couldn't stuff up even in my drunken state.

Which was this song.

These Spanish guys loved it and started singing along in Spanish, it must've sounded like some Spanish song because I doubt they were Lemonheads fans.

Reckon there's better Death Cab songs.
Agree. Although I prefer their earlier stuff, DCFC are one of those bands that for the past 12 years, back when I was quite young, have been one of the only groups that that have survived all the changes and growth of musical taste. They might not be my favourite band but will always matter.

Also, the saying 'nice guys' gets thrown around way, way too much. But they really are nice guys.

Agree. Although I prefer their earlier stuff, DCFC are one of those bands that for the past 12 years, back when I was quite young, have been one of the only groups that that have survived all the changes and growth of musical taste. They might not be my favourite band but will always matter.

Also, the saying 'nice guys' gets thrown around way, way too much. But they really are nice guys.
Yeah man spot on. Transatlanticism is probably my favourite.

I was watching Due Date last night and this song came on during it.

Great song but I'm not a big fan of Fleet Foxes as they are a bit too hipster indie silent alarm fitzroyalty for my tastes.

I also wonder about their wisdom in calling that song Mykonos when it sounds more like Summerisle from the original Wicker Man film.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back