Entertainment & Music GD Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Violent Soho last night for the first time.

Good fun, albeit very tiring - bit heavier then my usuals, but do like getting getting in amongst it.

----

Side note.

* The Libertines are good, would love to go over to the UK and see them before they break up again.

Saw Violent Soho last night for the first time.

Good fun, albeit very tiring - bit heavier then my usuals, but do like getting getting in amongst it.

----

Side note.

**** The Libertines are good, would love to go over to the UK and see them before they break up again.
is the new album any good?

Far be it from me to hand out bouquets to Gen Y music being a Gen X hardliner but Capital Cities go alright, catchy songs and brilliant videos.

Only discovered them because I was listening to Daft Punk on youtube and youtube thought I might like them as well, youtube was right for once.

They do a great cover of Staying Alive too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have an obsession with what gen someone is. It really doesn't define a person.

It doesn't define a person but it does define music, I don't think anyone can argue that Gen X music isn't streets ahead of Gen Y music.

Just look at some of the current day Aussie bands like Tame Impala, The Rubens or San Cisco.

None of them can hold a candle to 90s Aussie bands like You Am I, Regurgitator, Spiderbait, Powderfinger and Custard.

It doesn't define a person but it does define music, I don't think anyone can argue that Gen X music isn't streets ahead of Gen Y music.

Just look at some of the current day Aussie bands like Tame Impala, The Rubens or San Cisco.

None of them can hold a candle to 90s Aussie bands like You Am I, Regurgitator, Spiderbait, Powderfinger and Custard.
I agree because I grew up listening to that music.

It's got nothing to do with that generation having better music.

It's the old back in my day thing.

Tame is far better than those though.

You Am I would be the best of the 90s bands I mentioned so they would be better than Tame Impala.

I doubt Tame Impala could produce an album as good as Hi Fi Way which is an Oz rock classic.
I'd argue pretty strongly that they have 3 as good as Hi Fi Way. I'd settle for 1 if you argued hard

Your argument for 90s music being better than today's (which is probably true) would be so much stronger if you didn't base it purely on which decade had more shitty Alt-Rock bands...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back