GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 is finaly here so lets hope the rain can stay away and not get to many wash outs like last year. Its been a bit quite on here lately so maybe lets say who we think the best 1 and 2 day players are in the comp and why. Mine is:

1 dayers Jason Lock (gisborne) because on the weekend he again showed us his potensial by scoring 21 runs in a 22 parternership with a district first player up the other end. Scores quicker than anyone else. Shame that age is not on his side or he would be a chance to earn big dollars here or in the IPL.

2 dayers is Jame Hughes (united) because he's record speaks for itself. Probably the best allrounder the comp has ever produced.

Haven't been following it closely, but wasn't round 1 last week?

With Belcher, Axton, Dodd & Smits missing from Macedon, I can see that it's going to be a long season for those at Tony Clarke.

Good luck to Timmy Dawe in his first season as skipper.

Not much talk on here i guess its only early. How Wadsey 6/6 with Heath and Clayton Riddell hopefully can get close to united with Lindon heading there they will be up there u can never count out the Marsh. Interested how Woodend will respond which players will help Else,Warner etc?? Us Ashfield boys are striving for success. 3 teams up and about ahahahaha. Whats everyones thoughts???

Not much talk on here i guess its only early. How Wadsey 6/6 with Heath and Clayton Riddell hopefully can get close to united with Lindon heading there they will be up there u can never count out the Marsh. Interested how Woodend will respond which players will help Else,Warner etc?? Us Ashfield boys are striving for success. 3 teams up and about ahahahaha. Whats everyones thoughts???
Has anyone from Riddell rang the Boys from Sunbury to thank them for bringing Hughes back into form:eek:
United play Hesket at Hanging Rock next Tuesday, wonder what sort of team they will send to Hesket. Wouldn't imagine them sending Hughes or Grey up there, the pair will be getting themselves right for after Xmas i would say.
THOUGHTS?????????:thumbsu::thumbsdown:

What are your thoughts on Kevin Sullivan medal Star 33

What are your thoughts on Kevin Sullivan medal Star 33
Wouldn't know as ive never had a sniff of the Macs, but Hughes from United would be a favourite but fisk might be a good bet.

What Happend at Macedon Forfieting games???

Im sure theres big games in all grades over this round n next, nearly that time of the year.

See gisborne bought another flag in one day comp, seems they ruined the spirit of that league. Also the umpire in gf was rubbish
Old man Dicko is harking back to old man Whitton days, stacking sides to win a flag. Georgie u old dog, an average of over 100 in the One day comp. Bet Gissy be knocking on your door next year. :eek:

Wouldn't know as ive never had a sniff of the Macs, but Hughes from United would be a favourite but fisk might be a good bet.

What Happend at Macedon Forfieting games???

Im sure theres big games in all grades over this round n next, nearly that time of the year.

Warren Else from what i hear with Ryan Billinghurst as a Smokey, not sure whether Hughes has done enough this year...Has taken a few wickets but Runs well down on the last 2 years he's won it...

I had the chance to watch some macs action on the weekend. The game was United v Woodend, i witnessed a great game. Classic Wazza Else batting with O'mally batting well. I expect united to bite back, but maybe wth Lindon Dowsett. Ashfields top 2 grades have made finals hopefully this is our year.

I had the chance to watch some macs action on the weekend. The game was United v Woodend, i witnessed a great game. Classic Wazza Else batting with O'mally batting well. I expect united to bite back, but maybe wth Lindon Dowsett. Ashfields top 2 grades have made finals hopefully this is our year.
I hear they always had the game in control, they were none for 50 odd then a couple of wickets fell but they were always in control. Woodend will go very close if they get past United this weekend. Grey and Hughes both did very little by the score card, Else very solid. The winner of this game should take the Silverware one would think.
Having said that, this was a One Dayer and this weekend is 80 Overs and both Grey and Hughes will bowl a lot more over and so will the other United Players. So will Else and Cuiznik and Fuller.... GOOD GAME coming up!!!

Gisbornes U16's have today won their 4th flag in a row and are undefeated in that time. Hopefully this equates to some senior success very shortly :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I hear correctly that someone took 10 wickets in an innings in the H grade GF? Has anyone ever heard of anyone doing that in the league before?

How is everybodys pick for sullivan medal this year???

Also what does everyone think the result of Mac will be tomorrow??

WOW!!! What a win by Riddell in macs on the weekend... Amazing!!!

Anyone going to do a market for Sullivan medal tonight?? Who are the main chances to take it???

For me it's from Hughes, Billinghurst, Clayton, Fisk, Else, Wadden, Moran...

Thoughts??

So the fill in sport begins this weekend, personally i'd rather watch snail races but what ever gets you going.
This year the focus will be on gisborne and the stacking of the lower grades, poor performances hiding down low will bring some life back to this sad thread.
Apparently a few of their so called ex guns have returned when told of the names i nearly fell off my chair if they are hoping that they will bring them back into the macs then forget it.......

So the fill in sport begins this weekend, personally i'd rather watch snail races but what ever gets you going.
This year the focus will be on gisborne and the stacking of the lower grades, poor performances hiding down low will bring some life back to this sad thread.
Apparently a few of their so called ex guns have returned when told of the names i nearly fell off my chair if they are hoping that they will bring them back into the macs then forget it.......
Gisborne have been stacking their lower grades since day dot, i see a former stacker has filled a team for diggers this year, taking a cple of hesket hacks with him. Wonder how many mercenaries gisborne will have in their one day comp side this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back