Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Since the last thread for the GDFL is named as 2012, a new one was probably overdue to be created.
Post all off-season rumours and movements along with any news during the 2014 season.

Been told by people within the club that North Geelong want A certain star forward out. They are worried about the influence he has on a young team

Another year finished up. Good granny to watch, could of gone either way with another goal to put bph in front might of done it. North kept answering. Now the challenge to back it up. Not surprised lewis didn't play, would of been hard to change a side that won comfortably two weeks prior and someone who hadnr had a proper hit out in 5-6 weeks. Whisper round the ground was he may end up at bannockburn. Interesting to see the route teams like winchelsea take and whether east make another $$ assault

As for North Geelong to want a star forward out of the club I believe is quite weird considering they only lost 3 games as a club in the res& snr. Winning 2 flags this year is a credit to the club and every player.. I'm sure with the people on there committee and on there coaching panel if they didn't him I'm sure his services would be cut... As for Shaun Lewis not getting a game I believe was a strange choice considering he is in there best 22.. But if he broke team rules by drinking then congrats to BPH by sticking by the team rules... With the rumor of Tobin, Holzfiend, Jovanovic, Lewis retiring and the coach becoming a none playing coach next year. And with Symes considering having a crack at GFL which he should as he is a class player and Dylan Whitney considering offers from other clubs.. If this 7 players leave which would leave a massive hole in the club.. Are they good enough to make the granny next year. Is this the end of thier dominance in the GDFL????

As for North Geelong to want a star forward out of the club I believe is quite weird considering they only lost 3 games as a club in the res& snr. Winning 2 flags this year is a credit to the club and every player.. I'm sure with the people on there committee and on there coaching panel if they didn't him I'm sure his services would be cut... As for Shaun Lewis not getting a game I believe was a strange choice considering he is in there best 22.. But if he broke team rules by drinking then congrats to BPH by sticking by the team rules... With the rumor of Tobin, Holzfiend, Jovanovic, Lewis retiring and the coach becoming a none playing coach next year. And with Symes considering having a crack at GFL which he should as he is a class player and Dylan Whitney considering offers from other clubs.. If this 7 players leave which would leave a massive hole in the club.. Are they good enough to make the granny next year. Is this the end of thier dominance in the GDFL????

Throw in Javanovic & Martin aswel.. End of their dominance & the start of a new on at north? Do they keep there list? East & winch to spend big again & take BPH spot

I've heard around the traps the Haami Williams is looking at poaching a few of the Belmont boys like Brad Edwards etc. Would leave them in all sorts of trouble if thats the case.
Any news from any other clubs like Thomson yet?

Haami would be well within his right to pinch a few players from the Lions, have heard Mcormack and Perry,with Pickett in some sort of coaching role,not sure on Edwards. The Gdfl GF was one of the best games I have seen in a long time, both deserving of winning

Throw in Javanovic & Martin aswel.. End of their dominance & the start of a new on at north? Do they keep there list? East & winch to spend big again & take BPH spot
Rumor is that Challis is in discussions with Anglesea & Winch.... With East already picked up a guy from East Perth and with Ricky contacts I'm sure he will be offering Bourkes & Huhn Good money...So good on them if your lucky enough to have it... But tough on Rick to draw players away from his old club and from his cousin Barry....Winch will draw on players from BFL were big Mench & Vanderclooster came from.. Is it true that PJ DiSanto has signed on at North Geelong ? Massive pick up quality footballer...Hopefully Hammi leaves Belmont alone as they need to add a few players to there list not loose them and not sure if those players will make a impact in the BFL... As for Anakie i here that they are loosing a couple of players which is not good and I'm assume they will draw on Lara res players as will BellPost Hill with Wood and Page will draw on a few guys they played with.... As we here Werribee will try to add speed again.... Any other news around the traps from the other clubs hopefully Geelong West can improve again...

Rumor is that Challis is in discussions with Anglesea & Winch.... With East already picked up a guy from East Perth and with Ricky contacts I'm sure he will be offering Bourkes & Huhn Good money...So good on them if your lucky enough to have it... But tough on Rick to draw players away from his old club and from his cousin Barry....Winch will draw on players from BFL were big Mench & Vanderclooster came from.. Is it true that PJ DiSanto has signed on at North Geelong ? Massive pick up quality footballer...Hopefully Hammi leaves Belmont alone as they need to add a few players to there list not loose them and not sure if those players will make a impact in the BFL... As for Anakie i here that they are loosing a couple of players which is not good and I'm assume they will draw on Lara res players as will BellPost Hill with Wood and Page will draw on a few guys they played with.... As we here Werribee will try to add speed again.... Any other news around the traps from the other clubs hopefully Geelong West can improve again...

There's no one left at Anglesea worth taking.

Makes sense winch having a crack at challis , did hear a few high profile Amalie players chased by north Geelong also. Any players leaving to have a crack at gfl?

Any word from Thomson? They seem to be either flying under the radar or not really recruiting anyone yet....

Any big names hung up the boots. ?
Jovan, tobin, lewis, martin, grg, lewy, few older boys there do they go around again. ?
Does barry hang them up and focus on getting a side together. ?
Does cousin ricky do the same. ?
Werribee chase big bodies or speed. ?
How much will winch spend. ?
North lose any?
West climb or slide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another year finished up. Good granny to watch, could of gone either way with another goal to put bph in front might of done it. North kept answering. Now the challenge to back it up. Not surprised lewis didn't play, would of been hard to change a side that won comfortably two weeks prior and someone who hadnr had a proper hit out in 5-6 weeks. Whisper round the ground was he may end up at bannockburn. Interesting to see the route teams like winchelsea take and whether east make another $$ assault

I can confirm what you have said is 100% true and also add that 3-4 other clubs have made enquiries.

Any big names hung up the boots. ?
Jovan, tobin, lewis, martin, grg, lewy, few older boys there do they go around again. ?
Does barry hang them up and focus on getting a side together. ?
Does cousin ricky do the same. ?
Werribee chase big bodies or speed. ?
How much will winch spend. ?
North lose any?
West climb or slide?

All them BPH guys retire, big hole to fill. That's a good spine
Surely Baz hangs them up, he struggled this year & surely has to just focus on coaching
Rick to go around again
WC must recruit speed other wise there just making up the numbers, a couple of speedy mids a ruckman & a gun full forward.
By all reports winch have plenty to spend & are in talks with some big names from bfl
Breguet retire? Podnar & Miller gfl possible??
& I reckon west slide, Banno & Anakie will be the improves with BPH sliding a couple of spots aswel, depending on if Symes stays

I can confirm what you have said is 100% true and also add that 3-4 other clubs have made enquiries.

Has he signed ? Lewis will be a handy top up at bannockburn, nothing more. Will be able to do as he pleases and not worry about consequences. Would struggle in a top flight side. Rick will go again surely chasing that elusive flag but desperately would want challis to stay. Grg and jovana missed a lot of time this year and could include martin. Think they could cover them. Do fitzimmons and Hutchison from north hang em up on a high?

Massive hole to fill if true for bph, i beleive symes will stay,
Challis been offered big cash from winch. ?
By all reports breguet wants a flag before he hangs them up and fitz would go around again to get that whitley he deserves, but can they add to there list?
Great signing if bannoc hav got lewis will be great for the young kids,
Wc will no doubt be chatting to all the cross town players but will they get them?

Massive hole to fill if true for bph, i beleive symes will stay,
Challis been offered big cash from winch. ?
By all reports breguet wants a flag before he hangs them up and fitz would go around again to get that whitley he deserves, but can they add to there list?
Great signing if bannoc hav got lewis will be great for the young kids,
Wc will no doubt be chatting to all the cross town players but will they get them?
I have heard that north have signed there entire senior playing list from this year, with 0 retirements for season 2014, with roughly 4-5 boom recruits, 1 being pj di santo who signed late this year. Hard to see anybody getting near them if all is true and BPH have a few leave. East normally recruit well, so expect them up there.

I have heard that north have signed there entire senior playing list from this year, with 0 retirements for season 2014, with roughly 4-5 boom recruits, 1 being pj di santo who signed late this year. Hard to see anybody getting near them if all is true and BPH have a few leave. East normally recruit well, so expect them up there.

Is that 100%? I heard Blake Miller was going up to Canberra and Braydee Watts was retiring. Still I can't see anybody competing with North as they will only improve. The benefits of their dominant under 18s sides of the last 5-6 years.

Wouldn't surprise me to see BPH drop right out of contention unless they do some serious quality recruiting and I just don't see that happening.

just that st albans been chasing the both of them and this year would be the one they go if they were going too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back