Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS

Senior List
Jan 14, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Corio in the hands of the gdfl.. Massive debts and a gdfl official will be administrator for the club.

Very sad, poor recruiting and lashing out cash that wasnt there for average recruits.
Be lucky to be around in 4 years let alone fighting for a premiership Bj

I hope the part about being in massive debt is incorrect. Three years ago the club was debt free and had a very nice bank account. I do agree that they are paying certain players way to much and I hope this doesn't continue next year.

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Finally I can get on to this web. Anyway, who care's about the GDFL? Its an average league at best, obviously there is a lot of in fighting, rumours are rife, players are over payed and overrated. Why would the BFL and GFL ever want to join with any GDFL club ( Except maybe BPH) and form a 3 tier system including the GDFL is beyond me. The BFL, the 2nd tier league, is miles and miles above the GDFL, it would be a massive step backward for any BFL team to play against some of the GDFL rabble. Finishing in the finals of the GDFL is not an achievement, it just means you are not as bad as the ordinary teams that didn't make it. This filters down to juniors also, are there any decent GDFL affiliated junior teams? No.

sunami

Rookie
May 22, 2012
torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Finally I can get on to this web. Anyway, who care's about the GDFL? Its an average league at best, obviously there is a lot of in fighting, rumours are rife, players are over payed and overrated. Why would the BFL and GFL ever want to join with any GDFL club ( Except maybe BPH) and form a 3 tier system including the GDFL is beyond me. The BFL, the 2nd tier league, is miles and miles above the GDFL, it would be a massive step backward for any BFL team to play against some of the GDFL rabble. Finishing in the finals of the GDFL is not an achievement, it just means you are not as bad as the ordinary teams that didn't make it. This filters down to juniors also, are there any decent GDFL affiliated junior teams? No.
Even if half the stuff you talking about is true , it would take a dead set FLOG to write this dribble on the GDFL page . We don't care what you think of our league , so piss off and stick to your BFL page . FLOG

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Even if half the stuff you talking about is true , it would take a dead set FLOG to write this dribble on the GDFL page . We don't care what you think of our league , so piss off and stick to your BFL page . FLOG
Gee Sunami, that's a mature response. So if people don't agree with you, or post something you don't like, they are talking bullshit, or dribble (as you so eloquently put it, wrong word but hey, you seem to be always right in your opinion) or they are a flog? This thread is for people to give an opinion, not your opinion, but there's. If you don't like that, then don't read it. Grow up LOSER. Oh, I'm not affiliated with BFL, but GDFL??

smacka22

Draftee
Sep 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

smacka22

Draftee
Sep 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Footyman13
Infighting such as ? The GDFL is united and does not want a bar of 3 tier system and even the clubs in the BFL & GFL don't want it. Who are the players overpaid and overrated? No overpaid players in the BFL or GFL haha. Why would the GFL & BFL want the GDFL ? Simple $ control & power. GDFL rabble ha no rabble in the BFL or GFL...and your affiliated with the GDFL sure that's why nearly all your posts are on a BFL thread. Don't fool yourself in believing the BFL is superior to the GDFL because there not. We just may find out in 2 years...

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Footyman13
Infighting such as ? The GDFL is united and does not want a bar of 3 tier system and even the clubs in the BFL & GFL don't want it. Who are the players overpaid and overrated? No overpaid players in the BFL or GFL haha. Why would the GFL & BFL want the GDFL ? Simple $ control & power. GDFL rabble ha no rabble in the BFL or GFL...and your affiliated with the GDFL sure that's why nearly all your posts are on a BFL thread. Don't fool yourself in believing the BFL is superior to the GDFL because there not. We just may find out in 2 years...

As much as I don't like taking sides, I'd have to disagree with you regarding the standard of BFL vs GDFL. While the GDFL has certainly improved remarkably over the past few years, from playing in both leagues recently and watching both in this years finals the BFL is still a far better level of football. Here's hoping that results go in the supporters favour next year and we see them face off in 2016.

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
As much as I don't like taking sides, I'd have to disagree with you regarding the standard of BFL vs GDFL. While the GDFL has certainly improved remarkably over the past few years, from playing in both leagues recently and watching both in this years finals the BFL is still a far better level of football. Here's hoping that results go in the supporters favour next year and we see them face off in 2016.

I think North & BPH would have been in the mix for finals in BFL and BPH could have challenged any team apart from Amateurs who were a class above

smacka22

Draftee
Sep 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Fair enough your observations are backed up by current rankings that show the BFL is a stronger league but far better I doubt it bring on the face off. And Phantom I'm with you BPH would have all BFL clubs covered except probably for Ammos and they will be much stronger in 2015 according to recent hi quality recruitment

PUNCHY

Team Captain
Nov 7, 2007
Belmont Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
:)
East??? Don't count out north!!!

I'm hearing Mench and Vanderklooster might be going to East ? , could be crap but the bloke who told me hears abit of GDFL rumours, see what happens I suppose. I know East spoke to Jovanavic, could be crowded up in their forward line.

Belmont started training last night, good numbers for the first session, Brad MacKenzie looks like a great pickup.

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
I think North & BPH would have been in the mix for finals in BFL and BPH could have challenged any team apart from Amateurs who were a class above
BPH would be 5 - 7 in BFL. Nth full of BFL rejects, and 7 juniors reported and suspended in 2014, how's the culture their? Would be bottom 3 in BFL.

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
BPH would be 5 - 7 in BFL. Nth full of BFL rejects, and 7 juniors reported and suspended in 2014, how's the culture their? Would be bottom 3 in BFL.
What a load of dribble mate. If your going to post something at least make it believeable.

Watto321

Rookie
Nov 7, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I have been lucky enough to play both leagues recently. Have to say unfortunately the BFL is far above the GDFL. The bottom 6-8 players in each GDFL team are generally battlers at best. I think BPH would get nowhere near Ammos, Torquay and Queenscliff. Im still unsure why GDFL clubs poach players from each other for too much money. Why don't they go get fringe players from BFL/GFL? These blokes dominate the GDFL.

Melbsaint

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have been lucky enough to play both leagues recently. Have to say unfortunately the BFL is far above the GDFL. The bottom 6-8 players in each GDFL team are generally battlers at best. I think BPH would get nowhere near Ammos, Torquay and Queenscliff. Im still unsure why GDFL clubs poach players from each other for too much money. Why don't they go get fringe players from BFL/GFL? These blokes dominate the GDFL.

Melbsaint

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Totally agree Watto321.I have played all three levels and your observation is spot on.With recruiting you are right again.Good to see some constructive talk.We all have the right to a opinion but some of the dribble is laughable.

Watto321

Rookie
Nov 7, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks mate. I have a mate who has played GDFL all his life and he reckons that a lot of northern suburb clubs socialize together (Anakie, BPH, Corio, N.G). This tends to lead to a fair bit of backslapping and drunken convo's where they agree to change clubs. There is a ridiculous amount of intraclub trades between these clubs! I do understand that it can be hard to convince blokes to play GDFL and some of those clubs dont hold great reputations but the money on offer is very attractive. In saying that the standard of GDFL has definitely improved in the last 3-4 years as has the professionalism.

Melbsaint

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Totally agree again .It is abit of a mates league.Good footballers years ago but unfortunately some way past it but expecting top dollar.Which is hard for clubs to survive. Clubs are way better to look at Gfl seconds or Bfl for recruiting but structure at the top is paramount in recruiting quality players.GDFL is improving and I hope it does but clubs need to be smart with the money and assure juniors coming through that the club is a safe and fun place to play for...Goodluck to all Gdfl in the off season with recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back