GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the update on player movements? Who has East picked up, anything from Winch with Rayner at the helm? What about the 2014 surprise packets Inverleigh??

I have been lucky enough to play both leagues recently. Have to say unfortunately the BFL is far above the GDFL. The bottom 6-8 players in each GDFL team are generally battlers at best. I think BPH would get nowhere near Ammos, Torquay and Queenscliff. Im still unsure why GDFL clubs poach players from each other for too much money. Why don't they go get fringe players from BFL/GFL? These blokes dominate the GDFL.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks this.

These are a few rumors I've heard , Mensch Vanderkloster to east along with Jovanavic and Morland but who knows how true that is .
Challis and Prymkie to cdfl Simpson I think?
From west , Denham Sims Wall Bradshaw and a heap more to Forrest .
Bph. Have apparently picked up 2 very good players from edfl , don't know how true any of these are as I was saying just rumors

Simpson would had to have sold off a farm or two to throw the cash at Challis wouldn't they? I thought he was destined for GFL, if that's true probably the most wasted use of talent I've seen in a long time but hey money talks & sh*t walks

I understand your arguments about targeting GFl or BFL fringe players or gun twos players, but so many have switched over the last decade and failed.
Not sure if it's the style of footy or that they're fringe players for a reason (kicking etc) that ensures they don't dominate at a lower level.
The gdfl has been let down severely by the bottom 5-7 clubs over the last 10 years. Gfl and especially BFL have their cellar dwellers but not as many. Hopefully it continues to improve.

These are a few rumors I've heard , Mensch Vanderkloster to east along with Jovanavic and Morland but who knows how true that is .
Challis and Prymkie to cdfl Simpson I think?
From west , Denham Sims Wall Bradshaw and a heap more to Forrest .
Bph. Have apparently picked up 2 very good players from edfl , don't know how true any of these are as I was saying just rumors
Moreland is a definite no. He's staying at Geelong West.

I understand your arguments about targeting GFl or BFL fringe players or gun twos players, but so many have switched over the last decade and failed.
Not sure if it's the style of footy or that they're fringe players for a reason (kicking etc) that ensures they don't dominate at a lower level.
The gdfl has been let down severely by the bottom 5-7 clubs over the last 10 years. Gfl and especially BFL have their cellar dwellers but not as many. Hopefully it continues to improve.
Your right phantom35.I played in all 3 leagues and found it so much easier to get a kick in the Bfl.I found skill alot better more open and grounds bigger.As for Gfl players coming back to Gdfl is a real adjustment and not many can dominant due to small grounds and disposal of many in the seniors not up to standard.Watto was correct in what he said regarding bottom 8 players not really up to it.But Gdfl is improving and I watch carefully from Melbourne on how teams are going.

What a load of dribble mate. If your going to post something at least make it believeable.
Well look at the facts before you place something on here. Go through their list, and look at Football Barwon website under tribunal, and see for yourself how many NG Juniors have been reported and suspended compared to other clubs in 2014 !!! If you bring up juniors that way and condone that behaviour so be it. I've watched their juniors play, they snipe, king hit, have no respect for umpires and the coaching staff don't do a thing about it. They are the facts Mr Phantom35

Well look at the facts before you place something on here. Go through their list, and look at Football Barwon website under tribunal, and see for yourself how many NG Juniors have been reported and suspended compared to other clubs in 2014 !!! If you bring up juniors that way and condone that behaviour so be it. I've watched their juniors play, they snipe, king hit, have no respect for umpires and the coaching staff don't do a thing about it. They are the facts Mr Phantom35
Couldn't care less about Nth Geelong or their juniors, but to say the would finish bottom 3 or BPH as low as 7th was the dribble

Your right phantom35.I played in all 3 leagues and found it so much easier to get a kick in the Bfl.I found skill alot better more open and grounds bigger.As for Gfl players coming back to Gdfl is a real adjustment and not many can dominant due to small grounds and disposal of many in the seniors not up to standard.Watto was correct in what he said regarding bottom 8 players not really up to it.But Gdfl is improving and I watch carefully from Melbourne on how teams are going.
Don't know all the BFL grounds but yeah you would say half the gdfl grounds are smaller than average

Nobody cares about anything you say you flog, your arguing with yourself . Yes the bfl is better than Gdfl we get that , and yeah a couple of 18s at nth got reported so what , just go away

Nobody cares about anything you say you flog, your arguing with yourself . Yes the bfl is better than Gdfl we get that , and yeah a couple of 18s at nth got reported so what , just go away
The flog word again, u r a boring person. They are 16's players I'm referring to, Juniors u idiot. And I am sorry, I thought I was entitled to my opinion, obviously I'm only entitled to your opinion. If you can't read, which you obviously struggle with, and you never add anything constructive anyway, why don't you go away instead. Sunami? Hardly. More like a ripple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I am a humble little ripple , not a footy expert like yourself footyman13,that must have taken you hours to come up with that brilliant name. Opinions are like arseholes,everyone has got one, but yours sound a little *ed . I think you should go and hassle your boyfriend because obviously he listens to your dribble, you FLOG

Yes I am a humble little ripple , not a footy expert like yourself footyman13,that must have taken you hours to come up with that brilliant name. Opinions are like arseholes,everyone has got one, but yours sound a little ******ed . I think you should go and hassle your boyfriend because obviously he listens to your dribble, you FLOG
Your a MORON

Bell Post Hills ground is tiny

Actually is large!!!. this is why they succeed on St Albans in September. Belmont is huge ....ha ha.Overall grounds are but in general big gap between leagues .

Actually is large!!!. this is why they succeed on St Albans in September. Belmont is huge ....ha ha.Overall grounds are but in general big gap between leagues .

Your statement about gfl players not being able to dominate in gdfl because of small grounds is stupid. Bell Post Hills ground is large and yes that maybe part of the reason why they play well at stalbans but what about the other 45 games in the last 5 years that they have had to play on these "smaller opposition' grounds and only lost like 5 games?

They do find it harder.i know many mates have said this .game is tighter .Try and run to space on Belmonts ground .No disrespect to Belmont.You dont need to be captain obvious to understand what I am saying.Bell post hill have developed skill and fitness and talent more than any gdfl team.But hopefully some will catchup soon.

They do find it harder.i know many mates have said this .game is tighter .Try and run to space on Belmonts ground .No disrespect to Belmont.You dont need to be captain obvious to understand what I am saying.Bell post hill have developed skill and fitness and talent more than any gdfl team.But hopefully some will catchup soon.

Thats one ground. so what your saying is bell post hill have enough skill to play on it but gfl playersdont. matthew jovanovic seemed to find space there a couple of years ago when he kicked 20 goals.

What im saying is the room to move and skill and poor delivery in general makes it harder for GFL players to adapt to.Your point is correct on Bell post hill and many say they would be a bottom 4 in Bfl which is rubbish.Im not a Bell post hill follower but I have no doubt with the talent and the style they have would be a top 4 side in the BFL .Unfortunately with GDFL and BFL to much gap between top 4 and bottom 4 but im not a fan of 3 divisions.

What im saying is the room to move and skill and poor delivery in general makes it harder for GFL players to adapt to.Your point is correct on Bell post hill and many say they would be a bottom 4 in Bfl which is rubbish.Im not a Bell post hill follower but I have no doubt with the talent and the style they have would be a top 4 side in the BFL .Unfortunately with GDFL and BFL to much gap between top 4 and bottom 4 but im not a fan of 3 divisions.
He Said she said how about we stick to what is going on- besides that BPH would win comfortably over Newcomb, Port and id take them over Anglesea and Modda at the moment so they def wouldnt be bottom 4.

Anyone out there that played at Corio and not connected to footy next year get back down there and help out if you can, the club needs some help at the moment and it gave me some of my best but due to a commitment can't get down there as much as I want.

He Said she said how about we stick to what is going on- besides that BPH would win comfortably over Newcomb, Port and id take them over Anglesea and Modda at the moment so they def wouldnt be bottom 4.
I reckon they'd beat Newcomb, and only be competitive against Port, Anglesea and Modda, they'd be close games. Port beat Anglesea by 40 in round 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back