GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Vardy on the track for the first time at Belmont Lions,since arriving to the region on Saturday,received a great reception from the other 43 on the track.Would have to say quite impressive on the track,extremely athletic at 6'4',with a good pair of hands,and very good skills.From what i could see he was made to feel at home straight away at the Lions Den.Could do some damage in this league.And a couple of new lads from Deakin just walked in the door,and both look more than handy

Whats your tip for the Lions this year Leo? I see you have lost a few to Winchelsea which is a bit stiff but some guys are just club whores.

Of the guys that have gone to Winchelsea ( 6 in total ),not one of them played a senior game for the club last year,so in that regards no loss,however i wouldnt call them footy whores,it was really an initial miscommunication at admin level.
As for my prediction for the Lions in 2015,i would initially be suggesting to play finals for the first time since winning the premiership in 2007,and if given a good run with injuries i would say a prelim is not beyond this squad!
#fearthelion2015
Regards,
Leo the Lion

In my humble opinion
The 2015 ladder will look like this
North
Bell Post
Belmont
East
Inverleigh
Bannockburn
Thomson
Werribee
Winchelsea
Anakie
Corio
Geelong West

I believe Inverleigh, who were last years BIG improvers, will sneak in to the 5 after a rd 18 bye v Geelong West who I believe will fold half way through the season, Corio might sneak a win off the back of a marquee players heroics, the old firm up the top probably setting up another GF show down in 15.
Belmont to improve with an influx of new recruits, who knows how they'll end up, I believe Bannockburn will again miss out due to lacking in the midfield, East will come good in the 2nd half of the season as per usual and Thomson will most likely fall short.

I seen on the addy website this morning that vanderklooster is going to east. It will be interesting to see how east go. They have lost challis, prymke, Tyler jones and I believe Rees but have added a few older blokes. I think the outs are better then the ins.

I seen on the addy website this morning that vanderklooster is going to east. It will be interesting to see how east go. They have lost challis, prymke, Tyler jones and I believe Rees but have added a few older blokes. I think the outs are better then the ins.

Is that confirmed with vanderklooster? Mensch to follow? I'm with your opinion David bain. And i would be certain a lot of opposition teams were worried of Challis's explosive and game changing abilities and that's whom they based their game plan around. Not the same old old one paced players. Vanderklooster is a good get though but the loss of challis is a player east must replace.

Also a lot of hype surrounding Belmont this off season. I know they finished off well. But to do that when the season is there to won is a little different but it seems as if they are on the up.

Not much talk about weribee this year, very unusual compared to previous years

Prymke t

Prymke to Forrest.Interesting comment from Ricky regarding .Prymke not being a mate.Not being loyal etc.I would of thought if your offered employment .been at East for a number years and a premiership player would be enough to say thanks and best of luck at your new club.Interesting how east go .I do agree with what Ricky said regarding what they have wasn't good enough but a massive loss of talent.
Forrest is another one of those clubs that Sunami would love, ie. Lots and Lots of money, s**t facilities, a culture that doesn't exist, and players that have no affiliation with the place except for the $$$$$$$$. How many players from Forrest have ever played there? Sorry Sunami, that spelt Tsunami, DERRRRR.

Is that confirmed with vanderklooster? Mensch to follow? I'm with your opinion David bain. And i would be certain a lot of opposition teams were worried of Challis's explosive and game changing abilities and that's whom they based their game plan around. Not the same old old one paced players. Vanderklooster is a good get though but the loss of challis is a player east must replace.

Also a lot of hype surrounding Belmont this off season. I know they finished off well. But to do that when the season is there to won is a little different but it seems as if they are on the up.

Not much talk about weribee this year, very unusual compared to previous years

I did read it on the addy website first thing this morning but now the story is gone. It seems to me it was confirmed. Maybe they will break the story in Monday's addy. Mensch is retired.

In my humble opinion
North
Bell Post
Belmont
East
Inverleigh
Bannockburn
Thomson
Werribee
Winchelsea
Anakie
Corio
Geelong West

I believe Inverleigh, who were last years BIG improvers, will sneak in to the 5 after a rd 18 bye v Geelong West who I believe will fold half way through the season, Corio might sneak a win off the back of a marquee players heroics, the old firm up the top probably setting up another GF show down in 15.
Belmont to improve with an influx of new recruits, who knows how they'll end up, I believe Bannockburn will again miss out due to lacking in the midfield, East will come good in the 2nd half of the season as per usual and Thomson will most likely fall short.
* r u drugs mate about Geelong West... if the krock football team wouldnt be to busy smoking bongs they would relize who geelong west have recruited... they are no chance in folding that's for sure.... stick behind ya computer mate, only thing your good at in life

**** r u drugs mate about Geelong West... if the krock football team wouldnt be to busy smoking bongs they would relize who geelong west have recruited... they are no chance in folding that's for sure.... stick behind ya computer mate, only thing your good at in life
G'day mate, I thought this was a forum to express opinions?
So are you Wests coach or just one of their average players?
There was no need to take out your clubs severe problems in a personal attack on me, krock is doing a great job, in fact they document the important signings, and I've looked through the clearances and I've got my sources, both suggest that west haven't had quite the recruits like East, North, Belmont or any other sides required to challenge this season or to cover their losses to Forrest, excuse me if I'm wrong but I don't believe your club has any chance of threatening anyone this season.

There was no need to take out your clubs severe problems in a personal attack on me, krock is doing a great job, in fact they document the important signings, and I've looked through the clearances and I've got my sources, both suggest that west haven't had quite the recruits like East, North, Belmont or any other sides required to challenge this season or to cover their losses to Forrest, excuse me if I'm wrong but I don't believe your club has any chance of threatening anyone this season.
Up to 21 players have put in for clearances to move on from blue west and if not all most have played more Senior then 2s footy over the last 4 years at west. I wonder if they had there time again what would they have done opinion 1. keep washo and up to 16 players and have the club moving forward. or opinion 2. Pick up a coach who's first coaching choice was Corio and then recruiting Corio 2 players but at less the guys who was getting Senior game time 5 years back when west was losing evey game now will get to run around in the seniors again.

In my humble opinion
North
Bell Post
Belmont
East
Inverleigh
Bannockburn
Thomson
Werribee
Winchelsea
Anakie
Corio
Geelong West

First of all, Geelong West has been in worse positions than this. The feeling around the club is positive, there is a good group of young kids aged 18-24 coming through who are willing to play for the club and best of all play for each other, something west has lacked in previous years, and a coach who is there to coach, not to be friends. As a player from West for the past 5 years, I feel we are no worse off than we were at the end of 2012 season. If I remember correctly, we just fell short of finals the following year. Just because you haven't heard of the players we've recruited doesn't mean they aren't any good. Quite a few are from strong leagues such as Western Border FL, Central Highlands FL and the Mininera District FL. Geelong West is for some reason the whipping boy for anyone such as yourself, K-Rock and the Geelong Advertiser to get stuck into at about any small detail. Yes, disappointingly there has been quite a few players leave. Some decent, others easily replaceable. But instead of showing a bit of empathy (I've attached a link because I'm pretty sure you don't know what that word means(http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/empathy)), you decide to rag on us, consistently. Write us off as wooden spooners if you like, you're going to be wrong. I look forward to your apology at the end of the season after all the teams, netball included, of Geelong West Football Netball club prove to be competitive for 2015 and years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all, Geelong West has been in worse positions than this. The feeling around the club is positive, there is a good group of young kids aged 18-24 coming through who are willing to play for the club and best of all play for each other, something west has lacked in previous years, and a coach who is there to coach, not to be friends. As a player from West for the past 5 years, I feel we are no worse off than we were at the end of 2012 season. If I remember correctly, we just fell short of finals the following year. Just because you haven't heard of the players we've recruited doesn't mean they aren't any good. Quite a few are from strong leagues such as Western Border FL, Central Highlands FL and the Mininera District FL. Geelong West is for some reason the whipping boy for anyone such as yourself, K-Rock and the Geelong Advertiser to get stuck into at about any small detail. Yes, disappointingly there has been quite a few players leave. Some decent, others easily replaceable. But instead of showing a bit of empathy (I've attached a link because I'm pretty sure you don't know what that word means(http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/empathy)), you decide to rag on us, consistently. Write us off as wooden spooners if you like, you're going to be wrong. I look forward to your apology at the end of the season after all the teams, netball included, of Geelong West Football Netball club prove to be competitive for 2015 and years to come.

Save us all the time & just apologise now. West & Corio to battle it out for a wooden spoon

Dick_philpott a man who seems to know what he is talking about! Surprised geelong west haven't had a corio like article in the advertiser about folding and looking for players. I think sadly that North geelong are on the way down the ladder. My predictions;
bell post
Inverleigh
Belmont
North geelong
Bannockburn
East geelong
Werribee
Anakie
Winch
Thompson
Corio

Geelong west

Very uneducated to say West will fold.

Sadly, yes. Washo has left and taken some handy players with him. Such is life! Here's hoping Forrest play deep into September.

I'll agree with you on one part, KROCK do a great job documenting all the important news... Which makes your call on us folding even sadder! Great numbers at training, everyone keen to push the club in the right direction and as previously mentioned, a top group of guys who have bought into Cheetah culture almost overnight.

With all due respect... And I hate to get back to it, but to bring up the possibility of ANY country football club folding is low. This is not specific to West either, but it's a giant slap in the face to people who work tirelessly to help keep the club going. I wouldn't wish it upon the clubs I dispise the most! (Yes, Carlton Football Club... Even you navy blue bastards are included in that!!!)

To sum it all up, I hope you're proven wrong mate! Here's hoping the Cheetahs can add to the silverware cabinet for the first time since 1987 sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't say that these leagues are strong leagues Western Border FL, Central Highlands FL and the Mininera District FL .The good GDFL sides there 2s players would get a game playing in the 1s in most of the clubs in those leagues.

Dick_philpott a man who seems to know what he is talking about! Surprised geelong west haven't had a corio like article in the advertiser about folding and looking for players. I think sadly that North geelong are on the way down the ladder. My predictions;
bell post
Inverleigh
Belmont
North geelong
Bannockburn
East geelong
Werribee
Anakie
Winch
Thompson
Corio

Geelong west
Well I agree with most of it but north won't slide, there in's are a lot better than there outs. Just remember who brought Belmont down to earth after there win streak, north did an by 99 points. Are Belmont 99 points better?? I wouldn't think so. If anyone will slide it will be inverleigh. The real person who structures up that team is going to jail and when he did play they went to him way too much.

Is this Adam Leamer from Geelong West that will kick heaps? Surely not.

No its his brother Michael from Kedron QLD, kicked quite a few goals up there, he can jump a mile and will light up the home crowd at Winters Reserve. He reminds me of that Bruget from North (who is brilliant in my opinion) type full forward, thin, not huge, good grab etc but I'm not saying he is that good but he does look handy on the track.

Adam has come across too.

Okay I know it's very early to say, but has anyone got a prediction for the (Whitley Medal) league best and fairest?
My personal pick is Lachlan Wright from North, set to have a breakthrough season where he will dominate for his beloved magpies. Can't look past the midfield quartet headed by ruckman James Huybens, Dean Muir, Robert Logue and Blake Hutchinson.
Although they could take votes off each other as they're all star quality. I have noticed some ruckman in the teams at the lower end of the ladder do tend to attract the umpires eye despite not having a huge influence in matches, it's always annoyed me.
Challis was a more than worthwhile winner last season, he literally picked up and dragged his team over the line at times a la Chris Judd in his heyday, it's sad to see any class leave the GDFL.

Okay I know it's very early to say, but has anyone got a prediction for the (Whitley Medal) league best and fairest?
My personal pick is Lachlan Wright from North, set to have a breakthrough season where he will dominate for his beloved magpies. Can't look past the midfield quartet headed by ruckman James Huybens, Dean Muir, Robert Logue and Blake Hutchinson.
Although they could take votes off each other as they're all star quality. I have noticed some ruckman in the teams at the lower end of the ladder do tend to attract the umpires eye despite not having a huge influence in matches, it's always annoyed me.
Challis was a more than worthwhile winner last season, he literally picked up and dragged his team over the line at times a la Chris Judd in his heyday, it's sad to see any class leave the GDFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back