GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite an interesting round of GDFL football! Bell Post and North Geelong getting the W without any real issues, but the most surprising result would have to be Belmonts 82 point thumping of East Geelong in front of the eagles faithful. Some would say it was like circle work for the Lions, and people are already talking about the poor recruiting and coaching by old Ricky. In other results, Anakie got the chocolates vs Winchelsea quite easily I may add on Friday night. Inverleigh got the chocolates after trailing vs werribee and Geelong west surprisingly put up a great fight vs Bannockburn, maybe I underrated West or overrated Bannockburn, time will tell. All in all this makes for a mouthwatering rd 2 of fixtures, what matches are we looking forward to folks?

quite an interesting round of GDFL football! Bell Post and North Geelong getting the W without any real issues, but the most surprising result would have to be Belmonts 82 point thumping of East Geelong in front of the eagles faithful. Some would say it was like circle work for the Lions, and people are already talking about the poor recruiting and coaching by old Ricky. In other results, Anakie got the chocolates vs Winchelsea quite easily I may add on Friday night. Inverleigh got the chocolates after trailing vs werribee and Geelong west surprisingly put up a great fight vs Bannockburn, maybe I underrated West or overrated Bannockburn, time will tell. All in all this makes for a mouthwatering rd 2 of fixtures, what matches are we looking forward to folks?

Hi Phil Dickpott, the game of the round will be at Winter Reserve (Jetts Oval) where Belmont Lions will play Inverveigh for the Sorrento Shield sponsored by the Queenscliff Searoad Ferry

West surprisingly put up a fight? Or maybe you just have little of an idea? Either way it was silly to suggest such a hiding with nothing to base your prediction on other than some rubbish pre season talk

Thomson to be the surprise packet this year!! Will sneak into finals - wont be as good as Bell Post or North Geelong but will be there abouts after that.
My reasons
Holwell and Taylor are elite players and have been for sometime - only have to look at how Drysdale went on weekend without them.
Bobby McLeod back - if he can stay on park is a good solid GDFL player
Jake Simons - Man mountain who can kick goals
Luke Maher - might be past it but you will still have to send him a defender with height which may free up Jackson Mcleod, Simons
Jayden Durran - If he plays properly people have told me he is a gun. but can be lazy - lets hope he is not!!
But the biggest and brightest thing will be Jacko Mcleod has players around him that can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After watching this game, this statement couldnt be any further from the truth.
If taylor and holwill are elite then i will eat my hat.
Both there skills by foot are terrible, attack on the ball was great and no one cant knock there fearless way they play footy, but there skills are bad.
Maher playing is embarassing for the thomson footy club. He can barely move , slow, and all the bph player who was playig on him ran off and did what they wanted. He will probably kick bags against the corios and the wests of the league but no chance against the top sides.
And that simmons? Well he is the size of a house and he might be a good mark but if the ball ever hits the ground it will he easy pickings for the defence.
Bobby could barely move in the 2nd half so he looks like his on his last legs.
Bph on the other hand, looked slick, quick and fit. Who wouldv thought bph would be spoken bout like that after the way they have played footy the last few years.
Burke and page are a very handy double act forward. number 5 (sorry didnt have a record) looks young but a big body and marked strongly. Mcnamara going down early could be a worry.. But thomson arnt as good as they think, not by a long way

West are a young vibrant team on the way up, we haven't bought our way to climb up the ladder but we are making sure we build together and grow and who knows where we might end up by seasons end. Look out for more surprising results involving Geelong West, Dick!

After watching this game, this statement couldnt be any further from the truth.
If taylor and holwill are elite then i will eat my hat.
Both there skills by foot are terrible, attack on the ball was great and no one cant knock there fearless way they play footy, but there skills are bad.
Maher playing is embarassing for the thomson footy club. He can barely move , slow, and all the bph player who was playig on him ran off and did what they wanted. He will probably kick bags against the corios and the wests of the league but no chance against the top sides.
And that simmons? Well he is the size of a house and he might be a good mark but if the ball ever hits the ground it will he easy pickings for the defence.
Bobby could barely move in the 2nd half so he looks like his on his last legs.
Bph on the other hand, looked slick, quick and fit. Who wouldv thought bph would be spoken bout like that after the way they have played footy the last few years.
Burke and page are a very handy double act forward. number 5 (sorry didnt have a record) looks young but a big body and marked strongly. Mcnamara going down early could be a worry.. But thomson arnt as good as they think, not by a long way

I doubt thomson think they are great, so probably not a very accurate statement by you either. After Bones left them high-and-dry last season they are obviously in a rebuilding phase and like a few other clubs around the region they will take a little while to gel. Anything better than last season will be an improvement in my opinion.

Here are my tips in the blue for this weekends games.

Werribee
Vs Corio (75pts)
Belmont Vs Inverleigh (35pts)
North Vs West (145pts)
BPH Vs East (125pts)
Thompson Vs Winch (70pts)
Banno Vs Anakie (30pts)

Im with Tiger and Gull,i saw them first hand #fearthelion2015,if they were to lose to Inverleigh it would be less than a kick in it for sure,still its hard to base much science on one round of footy,who really knows where Easts rightful spot is in 2015,they have lost a lot of quality out of the 2014 list

West are a young vibrant team on the way up, we haven't bought our way to climb up the ladder but we are making sure we build together and grow and who knows where we might end up by seasons end. Look out for more surprising results involving Geelong West, Dick!
I must admit was good see , I caught the last half , and although Bannockburn were on top , west boys were having a real crack . Big Vaughn looks the goods.
But not going to get to excited till they win a game .

Here are my tips in the blue for this weekends games.

Werribee
Vs Corio (75pts)
Belmont Vs Inverleigh (35pts)
North Vs West (145pts)
BPH Vs East (125pts)
Thompson Vs Winch (70pts)
Banno Vs Anakie (30pts)
I assure you we will put up a fight and come within 10 goals v North this weekend, GUARENTEED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want to put a bet on it?

If you lose by more than 10 goals you delete your account and stop with all your rubbish on here and if you lose by under 10 goals I will do the same...

Deal?
We're on mate, and I tell you one thing, I'm gonna miss you on here

My round 2 predictions, hopefully a bit more accurate than round 1.
Werribee v Corio, Corio's defence had a long day last week vs the Magpies and suffered a heavy defeat. Werribee were impressive in the first half but didn't have the gas to sustain it for 4 quarters against the Hawks, I believe the Centurions will truimph in this matchup by 80+.
Bannockburn vs Anakie. Both teams coming off first round wins but I believe the Tigers will be too strong up forward and kick a winning score, Bannockburn by 35.
North Geelong vs Geelong West makes for an interesting match, it remains to be seen if Hounslows men can counteract the exciting youth and experience in the North team with regular goals. After a strong showing in an honourable loss v Bannockburn I believe the Magpies will get yet another percentage boosting win, margin to be over 12 goals.
Thomson and Winchelsea will both be looking to get on the board in round 2 after suffering bad losses in the opener. Thomson will look to gel in this match and gather some momentum as the season progresses, Thomson to win by 40 points and McLeod to have a big game.
Bell Post Hill v East Geelong, lots of interest surrounding Rick O'Tooles men and how they'll respond from their humiliation in round 1. I believe Bell Post will be too strong for the weary men of the East, margin to range from 12-15 goals and Page to kick 4 or more in the rout.
Here we have the most tantalising match of the round, Belmont v Inverleigh at jetts oval, it'll be an intriguing matchup, definitely makes for a high scoring fast paced game. Belmont have the exciting Michael 'leaping' Leamer out of the square but with the likes of Dalton 'the G train' Grundell and Ryan 'Rusty' Garrard up forward I feel they'll be too strong for the Lions' backline. With Logue, Muir and Hutchinson in the middle I don't think Belmont will have the legs to go with them over 4th quarters, Hawks by 22.

My round 2 predictions, hopefully a bit more accurate than round 1.
Werribee v Corio, Corio's defence had a long day last week vs the Magpies and suffered a heavy defeat. Werribee were impressive in the first half but didn't have the gas to sustain it for 4 quarters against the Hawks, I believe the Centurions will truimph in this matchup by 80+.
Bannockburn vs Anakie. Both teams coming off first round wins but I believe the Tigers will be too strong up forward and kick a winning score, Bannockburn by 35.
North Geelong vs Geelong West makes for an interesting match, it remains to be seen if Hounslows men can counteract the exciting youth and experience in the North team with regular goals. After a strong showing in an honourable loss v Bannockburn I believe the Magpies will get yet another percentage boosting win, margin to be over 12 goals.
Thomson and Winchelsea will both be looking to get on the board in round 2 after suffering bad losses in the opener. Thomson will look to gel in this match and gather some momentum as the season progresses, Thomson to win by 40 points and McLeod to have a big game.
Bell Post Hill v East Geelong, lots of interest surrounding Rick O'Tooles men and how they'll respond from their humiliation in round 1. I believe Bell Post will be too strong for the weary men of the East, margin to range from 12-15 goals and Page to kick 4 or more in the rout.
Here we have the most tantalising match of the round, Belmont v Inverleigh at jetts oval, it'll be an intriguing matchup, definitely makes for a high scoring fast paced game. Belmont have the exciting Michael 'leaping' Leamer out of the square but with the likes of Dalton 'the G train' Grundell and Ryan 'Rusty' Garrard up forward I feel they'll be too strong for the Lions' backline. With Logue, Muir and Hutchinson in the middle I don't think Belmont will have the legs to go with them over 4th quarters, Hawks by 22.

Dick,I'm pretty confident that Belmont if they were to go down it would only be in single figures,then again you might just want to join Cogs and Popeyes at the Golden Lions for $100 if they were to get up,you may just be a believer by 5pm Saturday !!!
#fearthelion2015
Regards,
Leo the Lion

Serious question. Who would win between corio v newcomb? Poor old devils wont win a game this year. They are playing the kids which is good but some of these kids just arnt up to it, not even close. Hozfiend must be wondering if the cash was worth all this.
I think inver will be closer to north and bph then we think. Theyll beat bph next week

Serious question. Who would win between corio v newcomb? Poor old devils wont win a game this year. They are playing the kids which is good but some of these kids just arnt up to it, not even close. Hozfiend must be wondering if the cash was worth all this.
I think inver will be closer to north and bph then we think. Theyll beat bph next week
Corio would beat Newcomb easy, at least corio are playing kids

I went and had a look at the belmont and inver game. It was a good game to watch. Inver just a little quicker and cleaner. Both teams will play finals. I think the teams in the 5 now will all stay in by season ends.
Are we only going to get the Belmont supporters on bigfooty after they win?

I went and had a look at the belmont and inver game. It was a good game to watch. Inver just a little quicker and cleaner. Both teams will play finals. I think the teams in the 5 now will all stay in by season ends.
Are we only going to get the Belmont supporters on bigfooty after they win?

Dave, no one from Belmont went on big footy boasting about the east win (apart from Leo pointing out someones tip was way off). Why do you watch Belmont playing and even training when I get the impression you dont really like the club????

But you were spot on, it was a great game, Inverleigh are a pretty good side so the belmont boys did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back