GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News out of Anakie that Steven Green their under 18's coach has been stood down for Facebook related offences. He has decided to leave the club along with 6 or 7 of the under 18 players. Could really affect Anakie in a few years. Steven was also senior runner, reserves umpire and life member

Also senior player Ry Endrei is out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury. Anakie Football Club wishes him well with his recovery.

Whats happening out there? Doesnt look or sound good.i see costello has put in alot of clearances. Is there any news on that??

Whats happening out there? Doesnt look or sound good.i see costello has put in alot of clearances. Is there any news on that??

The club has decided that it will not budge on it's decision and will not end Costellos contract early. It still has 1 season to run.

But the morale around the club is higher then it has been for a while. Beating Werribee was something that wasn't expected

But the morale around the club is higher then it has been for a while. Beating Werribee was something that wasn't expected

Im guessing tbis isnt an official club account as it would be stupid to have one here.
If you sign a contract thats the risks you take, the only problem is if he doesnt wanna be there then why would the club want him. Or will they just let him sit out the year?
Sth barwon doing the same so will be interesting if anakie stick to there guns.

Im guessing tbis isnt an official club account as it would be stupid to have one here.
If you sign a contract thats the risks you take, the only problem is if he doesnt wanna be there then why would the club want him. Or will they just let him sit out the year?
Sth barwon doing the same so will be interesting if anakie stick to there guns.
No I'm not an official account. Im a parent of an under 12's player and a committee member.

No I'm not an official account. Im a parent of an under 12's player and a committee member.
I doubt the club would appreciate you speaking on behalf of them through this, but oh well. Does costello know he wont get cleared? Its a strange position to be in, but good on the club if they stick to there guns. Cant walk away from a contract.

I heard the reason he wants to leave Anakie is non football reasons? But I am no expert. I respect contracts but it's also weird to think people are being stopped playing local football. Holzfeind was same last year, except he left for money, BPH moved on and won the flag.
Don't think we will see West supporters on here after throwing up that last night .

Answers to your questions are:
1/ NO
2/ NO
3/ NO.

The GFL and GDFL leagues are miles apart, there are players in GDFL that are years past there best even having come from in the 2nd tier comp. ie BFL. Eg Mullane Grant, Maher, O'Toole. These guys were stars in their day, a long, long time ago. but are still playing GDFL seniors. That says it all.
Some players do hold their own....symes, moreland, forbes, brent mcleod (playing sanfl) just to name a few.

News out of Anakie that Steven Green their under 18's coach has been stood down for Facebook related offences. He has decided to leave the club along with 6 or 7 of the under 18 players. Could really affect Anakie in a few years. Steven was also senior runner, reserves umpire and life member

The reason why Anakie will never go any where. Can never seem to get it right

The reason why Anakie will never go any where. Can never seem to get it right

They try hard, but when you have blokes out there who should be playing senior football and just want a kick in the twos, thsts a toxic culture and one that hasnt changed and probably won't change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They try hard, but when you have blokes out there who should be playing senior football and just want a kick in the twos, thsts a toxic culture and one that hasnt changed and probably won't change.

Who is this bloke anyways. Never heard of him & life member, did he ever play a game? Sounds like a flog to me, sledging his kids on Facebook.

Minor hiccup I would have thought :(
Well as an on looker BPH are the team to beat still, but north and inverleigh are in just as good of a place over the next 5 year. The kids north and inverleigh are playing have been outstanding. Scary that north had 4 quality players out on the weekend and probably should of won by 100 points.

GF winner- Bell Post Hill (End of the dynasty)
Whitley- Brad MacKenzie Belmont
Big improvers- Belmont/ Banno
Wooden spooners- Corio
TOP 5:
  1. -BPH
  2. North Geelong
  3. Bannockburn
  4. Belmont
  5. Inverleigh
Well MacKenzie will have to play well form here and the ladder positions will change but lock it in

Are u saying that blooding young kids isn't the right way to go Snail. I have watched Inverleigh do it years ago and now the are getting the benefits. How many players in GDFL ressies could play senior footy. Surely everyone would want to play seniors

Are u saying that blooding young kids isn't the right way to go Snail. I have watched Inverleigh do it years ago and now the are getting the benefits. How many players in GDFL ressies could play senior footy. Surely everyone would want to play seniors

Not at all, it is but you need a few quality experienced players to help develop them.
And to be homest some these kids are just no good. Holzfiend and bowyer arnt older blokes you want to help develop. There only interested in there pay packet.
In regards to the ressys bit. Anakie have a few quality players who would defintly help there senior side.
Richet, fulton, markham.
Good clubs with good cultures all strive to be succeed e.g bph and north.
That sorta culture anakie have isnt going to get them anywhere

Who is this bloke anyways. Never heard of him & life member, did he ever play a game? Sounds like a flog to me, sledging his kids on Facebook.
He called some of his players weak as piss on a private Facebook page they have for not going to a special training session he organised for them. Whether that warrants dismissal, everyone will have a different opinion.

Not at all, it is but you need a few quality experienced players to help develop them.
And to be homest some these kids are just no good. Holzfiend and bowyer arnt older blokes you want to help develop. There only interested in there pay packet.
In regards to the ressys bit. Anakie have a few quality players who would defintly help there senior side.
Richet, fulton, markham.
Good clubs with good cultures all strive to be succeed e.g bph and north.
That sorta culture anakie have isnt going to get them anywhere

Fulton hasn't trained in 3 years due to work commitments, Richert's body wouldn't hold up if he was to play senior footy and I see he misses every 2nd game anyway, and Markham doesn't know what country he is in half the time. Would you pick these blokes or blood the kids?

He called some of his players weak as piss on a private Facebook page they have for not going to a special training session he organised for them. Whether that warrants dismissal, everyone will have a different opinion.

It was on the radio (94.7) saturday,, the dismissal was not just based on calling players weak as piss on facebook, certain players had there naked asses smacked by the whole team ( this i`m sure is not in the coaches manual ) i wish i could find it on the net as i only heard bits and pieces and the comentary team were disgusted.

It was on the radio (94.7) saturday,, the dismissal was not just based on calling players weak as piss on facebook, certain players had there naked asses smacked by the whole team ( this i`m sure is not in the coaches manual ) i wish i could find it on the net as i only heard bits and pieces and the comentary team were disgusted.

Not sure this the place to bring that up, some pretty strong allegations if true.

On a football note, north geelong really brought bannockburn back to reality and probably shoulf have won by more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back