GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou voice and sunami, i dont know who footyman is but seriously, what was that statement for, you are up there with all rumour no fact as dead set belmont haters and flogs, I reckon one of you is an east geelong supporter ..... hi scruncher, hows it going down there ?
What Statement you idiots?. Please give one example of me ever saying anything about Belmont please and bring it up on here, I've never watched them play, never said anything about them, don't know any of their players, and I've never, ever made any comment about that club? Please read all posts carefully before commenting. If anyone here takes the time to look at Sunami's post (He's crawled back out of his hole again, he's probably on parole), you'll all see he is an uneducated, self opiniated w***er, Sunami, go and buy yourself some baby oil and have a good time on your own.

What Statement you idiots?. Please give one example of me ever saying anything about Belmont please and bring it up on here, I've never watched them play, never said anything about them, don't know any of their players, and I've never, ever made any comment about that club? Please read all posts carefully before commenting. If anyone here takes the time to look at Sunami's post (He's crawled back out of his hole again, he's probably on parole), you'll all see he is an uneducated, self opiniated ******, Sunami, go and buy yourself some baby oil and have a good time on your own.
I love you footyman, you've made my day

What Statement you idiots?. Please give one example of me ever saying anything about Belmont please and bring it up on here, I've never watched them play, never said anything about them, don't know any of their players, and I've never, ever made any comment about that club? Please read all posts carefully before commenting. If anyone here takes the time to look at Sunami's post (He's crawled back out of his hole again, he's probably on parole), you'll all see he is an uneducated, self opiniated ******, Sunami, go and buy yourself some baby oil and have a good time on your own.

I apologize, it was "GDFL fan" who wrote the crap re Belmont, have a good weekend footyman13.
May your team play well.

I apologize, it was "GDFL fan" who wrote the crap re Belmont, have a good weekend footyman13.
May your team play well.
No worries, we can all have a laugh about it. Accepted, you too have a good one, Go Lions (Belmont not Brisbane).

Gday all, just looking at the ladder & looks like the top 5 won't change, apart from the order.
Thoughts?

Gday all, just looking at the ladder & looks like the top 5 won't change, apart from the order.
Thoughts?

5th spot is between belmont and Thomson. They play each other in a few weeks which will be the old 8 pt game. Belmont do have a easier draw then Thomson. It was good to see only the one flogging over the weekend.

5th spot is between belmont and Thomson. They play each other in a few weeks which will be the old 8 pt game. Belmont do have a easier draw then Thomson. It was good to see only the one flogging over the weekend.

couldn't agree more.

Been a while since I've been here, have bannockburn arrived as premiership contenders? Do we believe Thomson will snag 5th over Belmont? Are Inverleigh going to go through the season undefeated? Many questions to be answered. We shall wait and see

Would of thought bannockburn definantly have put themselves up there. Lot more open this year then thought preseason.

Bph have failed on both big time challenges, is it the end?

Wouldnt think inverliegh to go undefeated, and if they did through the season it brings a lot of unnecessary pressure come finals time

How are everyones pre season predictions looking so far?

Fair to say banno has arrived as premiership contenders with some big wins in the past two weeks

Mark Blake to Thomson surely that throws them in as a top 3 contender?

First goal is to make the top 5. This is really a short term fix for Thomson. They have moved up the ladder because of recruits. What happen in 2-3 years when the recruits leave? This happened at winch. Winch recruited well for 2 years moved up to play finals and now have fallen back. You need juniors coming through which Thomson don't. Good luck to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First goal is to make the top 5. This is really a short term fix for Thomson. They have moved up the ladder because of recruits. What happen in 2-3 years when the recruits leave? This happened at winch. Winch recruited well for 2 years moved up to play finals and now have fallen back. You need juniors coming through which Thomson don't. Good luck to them.
Bell Post Hill haven't had a good junior system for a while.....

Bannockburn where punished by an under strength North geelong I agree though more open than ever I think as a whole the standard has dropped significantly

David,we as a club are very disappointed with todays result,along with our last few weeks.Sure North are still one of the measuring sticks in the league.However we kicked ourselves out of the Bannockburn game,9.20 to 12.13 and again today to kick 16.16 yet the opposition kick 20.3 UNBELIEVABLE.To be honest its all on the line for our club and season,wouldnt want to fall 2 games out of the 5,with BPH the following week.Will be Finals like next week at the Den,its all on the line,must win game,boys are hurting,but have time to resurrect and make a stand.Will sort the wheat from the chaff.

Belmont look are small running team I think the small ground at winter reserve may not suit belmonts outside running game. Having a better percentage then Thomson will help. Should be a very interesting game Saturday Leo.

Fair to say banno has arrived as premiership contenders with some big wins in the past two weeks[/QUOTE]

INVERLEIGH’s quest to win its first premiership since coming out of recess in 2002 has suffered a massive blow with an elbow injury to sideline big man James Huybens for up to 12 weeks.
Huybens, who was the GDFL Team of the Year ruckman in 2014, underwent surgery on Sunday after suffering a hyper-extension during the second half of the Hawks big win over Winchelsea.

Banno v Inver should be a ripper, with Huybens out for the season potentially I'm tipping Banno, still think it will be North v BPH grand final, sat Belmont v Thomson for 5th spot - huge game for both clubs.

Fair to say banno has arrived as premiership contenders with some big wins in the past two weeks

This is by far the best round of the year for the GDFL. Top teams playing each other and bottom teams playing each other. What is game of the round on the radio? is it Banno V Inver or Belmont V Thomson. I think Banno and Thomson will both win.

Anyone seen the clearances? S.lewis to bannockburn is quite interesting. Anyone here from banno know anything? Surely wouldnt get a senior game while there flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back