GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call coldpies888 he's lightning quick and sticks like glue but who do you take out Lymer or McKenzie?

i'd put mckenzie on to the flank, peters to a wing because thats where he plays, and either watts or chandler to the bench because they dont play wing, they play in the middle. and take either grundall, tarr or edge out.. you dont have 3 bigs on the bench

Lets get some discussion here, whats everyones thoughts on next year, who will be the team that could knock off north and bph out of the top 2? Which club is best positioned to challenge nxt year, inverleigh, banno, belmont? Im sick of bph and north!

Lets get some discussion here, whats everyones thoughts on next year, who will be the team that could knock off north and bph out of the top 2? Which club is best positioned to challenge nxt year, inverleigh, banno, belmont? Im sick of bph and north!

Thought the discussion would be about the grand final..
What were watching with bell post atm is an incredible feat to be up for so long and north look to be following suit.
The team i see probably has to be inverliegh. Just fell short at the last hurdle. Looked very tired and sore. I think thomson could make a charge with a few handy players, hard at it team filled with big game players.

Anywho, can north win this week. After watching them demolish inverliegh i definantly think so but i also assume bph pressure will be 100% better than the hawks

Thought the discussion would be about the grand final..
What were watching with bell post atm is an incredible feat to be up for so long and north look to be following suit.
The team i see probably has to be inverliegh. Just fell short at the last hurdle. Looked very tired and sore. I think thomson could make a charge with a few handy players, hard at it team filled with big game players.

Anywho, can north win this week. After watching them demolish inverliegh i definantly think so but i also assume bph pressure will be 100% better than the hawks

I think it will be a ripping close game between to very good teams and clubs and I will be there to watch for sure.
Unfortunately for the rest to the competition I can't see both of them dropping off drastically so at this stage you could almost pencil them in for the 2016 grand final which is good for them but not great for the league as there is a long gap to match BPH and North. At a guess Inverleigh will recruit to fill a few holes and as gdfl follower said Thomson are sure to pick up and improve. Does that leave 8 clubs fighting for 5th????

I can see the gap closeing quicker than people think. Banno are a great country club who with the right coach could bring the players needed to improve. With bourke coming back from warraknabeel and maybe peters from north ballarat could improve them real quick. Belmont seem to get better and better every year and I think they will get better. No doubt inverleigh should be better for the experience as well and with the 2s in the grand final have great depth. Id love to see either inverleigh or banno win it next year. At least add a new dynamic with a country club winning the flag as I cannot remember a club outside geelong winning the flag, when would it have been , Banno?

GFDL making headlines again for all the wrong reasons!

Anyone know what took place out at North Saturday night with this recent incident?

Can anyone confirm - the talk around town is a wild brawl involving younger Nth players, under age player glassed, all heaviliy intoxicated, then a dad of one of the kids that got whacked by an older well known ex Nth player arrived not very happy about what happened to his son and off it went again and get this apparantly the entire League Executive were present. Whats the League exec doing there at that time?

Anyone know what took place out at North Saturday night with this recent incident?
Just another reason why BFL clubs are not interested in being part of the GDFL, through AFL Barwon's stupid proposed relegation system. Brawls, drunken behaviour, coaches involved (Inverleigh) post and pre season issues, infighting (NG) and very average footy. Last weeks NG vs Inverleigh senior final was very ordinary, just about any BFL reserves team would have won that one versus those 2 teams. Fat Mick Allan played? He was a Modewarre hack 6 - 7 years ago and he is Inverleigh's gun full forward? What action did GDFL take on the after game blue recently? Nothing. That league is a joke.

Just another reason why BFL clubs are not interested in being part of the GDFL, through AFL Barwon's stupid proposed relegation system. Brawls, drunken behaviour, coaches involved (Inverleigh) post and pre season issues, infighting (NG) and very average footy. Last weeks NG vs Inverleigh senior final was very ordinary, just about any BFL reserves team would have won that one versus those 2 teams. Fat Mick Allan played? He was a Modewarre hack 6 - 7 years ago and he is Inverleigh's gun full forward? What action did GDFL take on the after game blue recently? Nothing. That league is a joke.

Can anyone confirm - the talk around town is a wild brawl involving younger Nth players, under age player glassed, all heaviliy intoxicated, then a dad of one of the kids that got whacked by an older well known ex Nth player arrived not very happy about what happened to his son and off it went again and get this apparantly the entire League Executive were present. Whats the League exec doing there at that time?

I heard from a pretty reliable source that it was some North Shore guys that started everything Saturday night

U
is there any need to belittle players on this forum i understand having a go at the league but to berate Micka Allan who is out there having a go is unjust

U
is there any need to belittle players on this forum i understand having a go at the league but to berate Micka Allan who is out there having a go is unjust
When at Modda he used to take great satisfaction in taking out little blokes, who weren't looking, when he could. He is fat, haven't you seen him, you can't deny that?? My other point is that he is no good, well past his best that wasn't that good anyway, and he is the preliminary finalists full forward.

When at Modda he used to take great satisfaction in taking out little blokes, who weren't looking, when he could. He is fat, haven't you seen him, you can't deny that?? My other point is that he is no good, well past his best that wasn't that good anyway, and he is the preliminary finalists full forward.
keep ya comments on bfl site

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You idiot. Do you think that nth shore, Lara and g/west want to join the BFL? No clubs are in favour of changing leagues.
The BFL have 2 strong clubs that spend s**t loads of money on players and 3rd place Sth Barwon heads are not far behind. Good luck to Amos Torquay and Barwon heads with a salary cap of 100k.
great comp one club come Saturday night will spend a s**t load of coin and it won't even buy them a cup.

You idiot. Do you think that nth shore, Lara and g/west want to join the BFL? No clubs are in favour of changing leagues.
The BFL have 2 strong clubs that spend s**t loads of money on players and 3rd place Sth Barwon heads are not far behind. Good luck to Amos Torquay and Barwon heads with a salary cap of 100k.
great comp one club come Saturday night will spend a s**t load of coin and it won't even buy them a cup.
Good, so how does that make me an idiot? I don't agree with the changes? So we are actually on the same page. David, I think that makes you the IDIOT? No offence, but read before replying may help. I was having a go at the culture of the GDFL and some of it's premier clubs?? If you read any of my post's I hate Ammo's and Torquay and S.Barwon Heads and all they stand for.

keep ya comments on bfl site
Great comeback. But I was talking about GDFL and their issues, not BFL. I didn't know that we were restricted to one site. Unlike yourself I follow all footy in Geelong. "keep ya comments on bfl site" has no relevance to what I was saying. You must be a mate of Fat Micka Allen, because you don't have any opinions.

Good, so how does that make me an idiot? I don't agree with the changes? So we are actually on the same page. David, I think that makes you the IDIOT? No offence, but read before replying may help. I was having a go at the culture of the GDFL and some of it's premier clubs?? If you read any of my post's I hate Ammo's and Torquay and S.Barwon Heads and all they stand for.

I said your an idiot for suggesting that the off field incidents are "another reason why BFL clubs are not interested in joining the GDFL". It has absolutely nothing to do with it that is what you have written. That is what I replied to.

I said your an idiot for suggesting that the off field incidents are "another reason why BFL clubs are not interested in joining the GDFL". It has absolutely nothing to do with it that is what you have written. That is what I replied to.
Sorry, but there is just too much evidence that GDFL has a culture problem, on and off field, if you can't see that your blind, look at the past 12 months, and many GDFL people say it on this forum. There are no such problems in BFL or GFL.

Sorry, but there is just too much evidence that GDFL has a culture problem, on and off field, if you can't see that your blind, look at the past 12 months, and many GDFL people say it on this forum. There are no such problems in BFL or GFL.

It still has nothing to do with BFL clubs not wanting to play GDFL.
I agree one club out of 12 clubs has a culture issue that shouldn't reflect on the whole league. If you read the addy today north geelong done nothing wrong it was uninvited guest that caused the issue.

This took a bit of distraction from which bph absolutely destroyed north geelong. The gulf between the top three sides and the rest is wide and then a 80 point grand final win shows the difference between bph and the next two is amazing especially after the sustained dominance the panthers have had. What did people think who watched the game? The pressure to me looked out of the magpies league

great comp one club come Saturday night will spend a s**t load of coin and it won't even buy them a cup.[/QUOTE]

I know this is not about the GDFL but someone with alot of local footy knowledge told me on the weekend that Ammos spent over $300,000 plus on football this year plus $40,000 on netball???
Surely that couldn't be right? Where would they get all that money?
AND is the cap of $100 coming in next year and how do they police it, as if Ammos, Torquay, South Heads could strip off 100-200K and keep their lists? I would be interested to hear peoples comments.

Rumours going around that Dave McKiernan isn't coaching Belmont next year due to some off-field indescretions....care to comment Punchy?

I know this is not about the GDFL but someone with alot of local footy knowledge told me on the weekend that Ammos spent over $300,000 plus on football this year plus $40,000 on netball???
Surely that couldn't be right? Where would they get all that money?
AND is the cap of $100 coming in next year and how do they police it, as if Ammos, Torquay, South Heads could strip off 100-200K and keep their lists? I would be interested to hear peoples comments.

Id be very surprised if they were spending over 300k on football. Thats alot of coin. Have heard of girls been offered a bit of money for netball but thats not my department. A salary cap will be too hard to police and will habe ways to get around but it would help close the gap a little i believe

It still has nothing to do with BFL clubs not wanting to play GDFL.
I agree one club out of 12 clubs has a culture issue that shouldn't reflect on the whole league. If you read the addy today north geelong done nothing wrong it was uninvited guest that caused the issue.
Sorry, my mistake, because if it was in the Addy it must be true.

Id be very surprised if they were spending over 300k on football. Thats alot of coin. Have heard of girls been offered a bit of money for netball but thats not my department. A salary cap will be too hard to police and will habe ways to get around but it would help close the gap a little i believe
Well, Peter Street's on $2000 a game there's $40000, incl. finals. Lavars got a brand new car say $40000, there's $80000 to just 2 players, so $300000 is definitely feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back