GDFL Season 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1_gdfl_fan

Debutant
Aug 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Is nothing but good for the competition. Really might make this premiership most wide open it has been. Challenge is laid out for bph and north to keep their stranglehold on the comp. But i agree with paul carson and 'if' they got the bourkes thats alot of coin thrown around so would be a lot to use on 3 players. Especially when you throw it that they'd have to be chasing dale also. Have inverliegh lost anyone so far?

Bourkes most over rated players! What have they even done? Never seen them play a good game

gdfl follower

Senior List
Jan 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
If the Bourkes were to play, you would put inverleighs name on the silverware now. Absolute guns

It would be more interesting now if they do play. Dont think you put anyones name on the silverware in november. Think there would be a few teams who'd love hearing this statement

lllllldawg

Rookie
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Top 6 teams from 2015 year play each other twice

Belmont v North Geelong, bell post hill, Thompson, inverleigh

North Geelong v belmont, bell post hill, inverleigh, Bannockburn

Bell post hill v Bannockburn, North Geelong, belmont, Thompson, inverleigh

Inverleigh v Bannockburn, belmont, bell post hill, Thompson, North Geelong

Thompson v Belmont, bell post hill, Bannockburn, Inverleigh

Bannockburn v bell post hill inverleigh, Thompson, North Geelong

GullsFC

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond

I don't think you're correct as Thomson only play Belmont and BPH twice from last years top 6

gdfl follower

Senior List
Jan 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

Its great to see the top sides playing the top sides twice. Makes for a real competitive year and whoever makes the top 3 earn it. Without looking at the fixture it would mean the lesser place sides play eachother more also

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
I think bph record speaks for itself. No under 18s and 5 flags.
Yep, but now that successful coach has left, along with 5 - 6 gun players, and there's no one coming up to replace them. Future looks bleak then don't you reckon??

gdfl follower

Senior List
Jan 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, but now that successful coach has left, along with 5 - 6 gun players, and there's no one coming up to replace them. Future looks bleak then don't you reckon??

Who are the 5-6 guns that have left footyman?

Ps. You make it sound like its easy for every club in geelong to have 100 juniors coming through all grades.

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Win the grand final by 80 points, lose 3 players. Very bleak indeed.
The problem with juniors is that a few clubs across have a monopoly on the juniors. Well done to them but not healthy for the region.

footyman13

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Portarlington
Who are the 5-6 guns that have left footyman?

Ps. You make it sound like its easy for every club in geelong to have 100 juniors coming through all grades.
Haven't 4 players gone to Grovedale, and Rhys Burke's leg is stuffed, the coach has gone to Geelong. Its not easy to have juniors coming through I know that, just saying that some clubs don't see it as a priority, and will suffer in the long run. Where do you get 100 from? You only need 20-25 in colts.

Ronburn

Draftee
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Haven't 4 players gone to Grovedale, and Rhys Burke's leg is stuffed, the coach has gone to Geelong. Its not easy to have juniors coming through I know that, just saying that some clubs don't see it as a priority, and will suffer in the long run. Where do you get 100 from? You only need 20-25 in colts.
I tend to agree here. Now with the points system i feel it will be pivotal in the next few years to have juniors. I feel it will start catching up on BPH in the coming years.

PeeeWeee

Rookie
Apr 19, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I tend to agree here. Now with the points system i feel it will be pivotal in the next few years to have juniors. I feel it will start catching up on BPH in the coming years.
I think BPH will slip right down the table next season, and be overtaken by Thomson, Inverleigh, Belmont and Bannockburn. They need to be careful or they could see themselves slide right out of the top 5

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think BPH will slip right down the table next season, and be overtaken by Thomson, Inverleigh, Belmont and Bannockburn. They need to be careful or they could see themselves slide right out of the top 5
They've missed the finals once since 2002 so be a big slip. Other teams are coming but always takes a while to gel, whilst BPH just plug the gaps of their few outs every year. Think it's 3 to Grovy, it's only Nov, a lot can change before the first game with injuries and recruits.
North, BPH and Belmont quiet on recruits, any names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back