GDFL Season 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bell Post Hill will still remain in the top 3, MARK MY WORDS
Welcome back dick
I think BPH will slip right down the table next season, and be overtaken by Thomson, Inverleigh, Belmont and Bannockburn. They need to be careful or they could see themselves slide right out of the top 5
slip out of the 5, you have got to be kidding. that a ridiculous statement PeeWee, best forward line in the league.

Freddy_boi

Draftee
Nov 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think BPH will slip right down the table next season, and be overtaken by Thomson, Inverleigh, Belmont and Bannockburn. They need to be careful or they could see themselves slide right out of the top 5
North Geelong have basically lost Pitman and your taken them out of the 5. You do know there midfield and not to mentions some of their backman usually deliver the ball to him so they are still going to get them opportunities. I watch all there games last year, pitman would tell you himself that he would of had about 80 to 90 of them goals from good delivery. Not saying north will be the best but they won't drop out of the 5.

Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
North Geelong have basically lost Pitman and your taken them out of the 5. You do know there midfield and not to mentions some of their backman usually deliver the ball to him so they are still going to get them opportunities. I watch all there games last year, pitman would tell you himself that he would of had about 80 to 90 of them goals from good delivery. Not saying north will be the best but they won't drop out of the 5.
Gone....their women's team have a better chance at the cup

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
North still good. Is Breguet playing? North had 1 avenue to goal in 2015 and he's gone. Parker can play fwd but will need more. Did Lachy Wright leave? No star but a solid soldier to replace.

Melbsaint

Debutant
Oct 10, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think BPH will slip right down the table next season, and be overtaken by Thomson, Inverleigh, Belmont and Bannockburn. They need to be careful or they could see themselves slide right out of the top 5[/QUOTE
Top 5
Inverleigh
Bannockburn
Thomson
Bell Post Hill
Nth Geelong

Sorry Punchy percentage out Belmont.
Who agrees?

Senior v Junior

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
North still good. Is Breguet playing? North had 1 avenue to goal in 2015 and he's gone. Parker can play fwd but will need more. Did Lachy Wright leave? No star but a solid soldier to replace.
Lachy Wright has signed at grovedale, but probably won't play 1's there so a chance he could go back to North.
Wasn't the greatest of footballers in GDFL so can't see him making the transition to GFL! Could be wrong though

the_voice

Senior List
Jan 12, 2009
Whittington
AFL Club
Richmond
Lachy Wright has signed at grovedale, but probably won't play 1's there so a chance he could go back to North.
Wasn't the greatest of footballers in GDFL so can't see him making the transition to GFL! Could be wrong though

If Lachy Wright goes to Grovedale and decides its not for him and heads back to North will that cost him extra points or is he a junior from North?

Players would have to be careful leaving clubs now and than wanting to head back correct?

PeeeWeee

Rookie
Apr 19, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You don't rate North Geelong ?

No I don't, they will slip too. Will be fighting for 5th spot with BPH. Losing Pitman, Lachie Wright (who is a better player than people on here give him credit for) and possibly Parker will leave a huge whole and whispers of Richert heading back to Corio.

Welcome back dick

slip out of the 5, you have got to be kidding. that a ridiculous statement PeeWee, best forward line in the league.

Best forward line? Tarr is a gun but is ageing and is always injured, Barton can't get on the park and Costello is overweight and will struggle when he is not getting hit on the tit by Bacely and Whitney.

Senior v Junior

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Lachy Wright goes to Grovedale and decides its not for him and heads back to North will that cost him extra points or is he a junior from North?

Players would have to be careful leaving clubs now and than wanting to head back correct?
Not sure, would it be the same recruiting a GFL reserves player to play seniors in GDFL, surely they don't warrant the same points as a senior player?

Being a North Geelong junior, surely would still be minimum points!

Does anyone know the facts on this?

Phil_Dickpott

Rookie
Feb 19, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Lachie Wright is one of the best young talents North Geelong has produced, in and under midfielder which is rare these days, not blessed with pace but has a great footy brain and knows exactly where to be to get the footy, will be sorely missed and I'm sure will crack into Grovedales senior side at some stage this season

stewart dew

Senior List
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

If a player plays 50+ junior games for a club he is forever one point is my understanding. A player also gets a 1 point deduction for every year of senior football played at the club. So Wright could play AFL and still be a 1 pointer at north should he return.

Hence why junior structures are crucial to survive with this in place.

stewart dew

Senior List
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does everybody think the sudden rush of gdfl players going up to gfl level is due to wanting to have a crack at a higher level or because of the small salary cap that it could be money driven?

no probably not money they would be going up a level and taking less money regardless of salary caps.
lets say Whitney would be on $300 at grove a gdfl club would pay him twice that.
i think its to do with point systems. Gdfl players are getting phone calls they previously havent coz they r worth minimal points to gfl clubs

I think youd find players going down a level would still be getting the money. id guess hickleton, ridout, TMG etc are on more than wright, bacely, whitney even if salary caps suggest they shouldn't be. GFL clubs have less money to splash to their marquee players so they need to top up with gdfl stars on the cheap and sell it as opportunity.

It will hurt this league ultimately as gdfl have to pay a premium even for gfl reserve players as they are technically part of a 'premium comp' while gdfl stars can be taken for essentially no cost to gfl sides.

Phantom35

Debutant
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does everybody think the sudden rush of gdfl players going up to gfl level is due to wanting to have a crack at a higher level or because of the small salary cap that it could be money driven?
Well Carson come down for more money cos of salary cap, I'm hearing close to its $800 ++ a game.
I'd say Lachie Wright is quick, but can't kick from only watching him in the grand final

mattyman01

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gdfl so called star players would be average players at best in the gfl, you will find a lot return to the gdfl as you don't get paid to play reserves

frosty1314

Debutant
Nov 8, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gdfl so called star players would be average players at best in the gfl, you will find a lot return to the gdfl as you don't get paid to play reserves
I don't beleave the likes of witney bacely pitman and a few others with the coaching of a gfl coach they only have more of a reason to improve on their own game

the_voice

Senior List
Jan 12, 2009
Whittington
AFL Club
Richmond

9 posts from mattyman01 and all have been rubbish!!

Look forward to reading what you make up next.........................

Breaking -

mattyman01 sleeps with the light on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back