GDFL Geelong and District Football League - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucas murphy is in talks with chfl springbank. Will he kick a 100 in the chfl

I hate to sound like I am Murphy bashing, but he was quoted as saying that he will be staying onboard, and hopes the East list remains in tact for an assault on the 2012 flag. But, my source was the Geelong Addy!

I hate to sound like I am Murphy bashing, but he was quoted as saying that he will be staying onboard, and hopes the East list remains in tact for an assault on the 2012 flag. But, my source was the Geelong Addy!

Why would you be murphy bashing if he said he was staying on at East?

Unless of course you believe most of the rubbish that's on here.

I bet bomber1983 knows a bloke from springbank who's mates with murphy. Springbank bloke texts and says, you should come play at this shithole.. Now Lucas Murphy is in talks with Springbank.

It's embarrassing.

To answer this one bombers, he kicked 100 in a league that would probably beat the chfl interleague team by 20 goals. So I'm tipping in a good side he'd give it a nudge.

He is better than 100 goal player in central highlands thats for sure. Only thing is Springbank might not get it to him 100 times. If I were him id stay at east.

He is better than 100 goal player in central highlands thats for sure. Only thing is Springbank might not get it to him 100 times. If I were him id stay at east.

Coming from the bloke who predicted Owen Lewis would "tear it up" in the CHFL. You have no credibility in this field.

Coming from the bloke who predicted Owen Lewis would "tear it up" in the CHFL. You have no credibility in this field.

Haha Owen Lewis. Wouldn't kick 100 in the u'14s. East Geelong would struggle to make the 8 in CHFL. When are you hacks going to face up to the fact the GDFL is a tin pot irrelevent league - only 3rd tier in Geelong... in fact make that 4th tier because Colac & District would be better standard. Name me ONE player who has come to the CHFL and "torn it up". The only thing that gets torn up is their contract when they get sent packing when clubs realise the hype & fanfare that they come with is a lie. Don't like it wet don't like it cold don't like it hard and don't like getting dirty. Bring on Murphy. He will be the next to find it too tough outside his own backyard. Maybe he can get some pointers off Owen.

Haha Owen Lewis. Wouldn't kick 100 in the u'14s. East Geelong would struggle to make the 8 in CHFL. When are you hacks going to face up to the fact the GDFL is a tin pot irrelevent league - only 3rd tier in Geelong... in fact make that 4th tier because Colac & District would be better standard. Name me ONE player who has come to the CHFL and "torn it up". The only thing that gets torn up is their contract when they get sent packing when clubs realise the hype & fanfare that they come with is a lie. Don't like it wet don't like it cold don't like it hard and don't like getting dirty. Bring on Murphy. He will be the next to find it too tough outside his own backyard. Maybe he can get some pointers off Owen.

You clown. East would win the grand final easy in the chfl. If colac was a better standard it would be in the interleague rankings. I dont no many players from the gdfl playing chfl but tom mullane grant kicked 65 goals in 14 games on 1 leg.
Owen lewis is well past it. it showed in his last year at inverleigh

the top GDFL teams would destroy any CHFL team, the style of footy they play in the GDFL is way too fast for any CHFL team. Owen Lewis barely played this year and has been struggling for a year or two with injury so using him in an argument is stupid

the top GDFL teams would destroy any CHFL team, the style of footy they play in the GDFL is way too fast for any CHFL team. Owen Lewis barely played this year and has been struggling for a year or two with injury so using him in an argument is stupid

Barely played is right. But he took the field in 17 out of a possible 19 games for the year so good to see you are up to date on your facts. I believe Scoobie claimed that big O would be tearing defences a new orifice this year - kick a 100 easy. Now the same is being said about Murphy, hence my reference to Owen Lewis in response to scoobie. Not stupid at all. Just in case Murphy does line up at Springbank, could you dish up the excuses now as to why he only kicks about 30 rather than wait til the end of next year? You keep sending em up boys, we'll give em an education and send em back and they'll know that they aren't as good as they get told in sleepy hollow. Keep hanging your hat on the fact you play interleague against Western Border. WOO!

Barely played is right. But he took the field in 17 out of a possible 19 games for the year so good to see you are up to date on your facts. I believe Scoobie claimed that big O would be tearing defences a new orifice this year - kick a 100 easy. Now the same is being said about Murphy, hence my reference to Owen Lewis in response to scoobie. Not stupid at all. Just in case Murphy does line up at Springbank, could you dish up the excuses now as to why he only kicks about 30 rather than wait til the end of next year? You keep sending em up boys, we'll give em an education and send em back and they'll know that they aren't as good as they get told in sleepy hollow. Keep hanging your hat on the fact you play interleague against Western Border. WOO!

get back to your own page troll.

i heard from the man himself and he said he hardly played and he said it was the worst league he had been involved in, and murphy would kicked 150 in the CHFL without a doubt

i heard from the man himself and he said he hardly played and he said it was the worst league he had been involved in, and murphy would kicked 150 in the CHFL without a doubt

The arrogance that comes from GDFL supporters astounds me...

Firstly on the difference between GDFL AND CHFL.
Let be honest its pretty well a pointless argument because it is a argument that will never be resolved but as a CHFL follower and someone who has watched and played in the CHFL and alongside previous GDFL players there is enough reason, in my opinion, to suggest it is an inferiour league to the CHFL.

Owen Lewis was poor in the CHFL and while he may have been heavier than he was when he left the fact was he could not secure a position in a borderline finals side in the CHFL after a good year in the GDFL, this was after every man and his dog from the GDFL spruiked his dominance and kicking 100 goals. He also played as suggested 17 of the 19 games in my opinion when watching against Springbank barely made an impact in a Reserve match let alone reaching the magical ton spruiked by all and sundry.

The fact is the top half of the CHFL, in my opinion and only my opinion, would feature in the BelFL top half but as with all country leagues the standard of the lower few teams is hardly worth discussing. To suggest the top GDFL sides would dominate the CHFL is a ridicilous notion.

Specifically to Murphy and Springbank
Kick 150 without a doubt? You're an idiot! Please enlighten when the last time someone kicked 150 in either the GDFL or CHFL or any other minor league for that matter.

There is no doubt a player of his quality would be a good addition for any side and with the suggestion Springbank would not get the football down there 100 times for him to kick a ton is ridiculous in itself as their FF and CHF combined kicked 100 odd and with hopefully a stronger team next year that would improve.

I understand passion for your own side and competition and think its great but you need to take the blinkers off and experience life around you... Next you will try and tell me the GDFL is the level under the GFL with the BelFL following in toe.

When one of your premier sides, Hepburn, contains more than 1/2 dozen former Darley reserve players, who I might add are being paid $300 per game, then I would suggest that you are a minor competition. These lads failed to hold down a regular reserve spot, yet you lads see them as classy footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When one of your premier sides, Hepburn, contains more than 1/2 dozen former Darley reserve players, who I might add are being paid $300 per game, then I would suggest that you are a minor competition. These lads failed to hold down a regular reserve spot, yet you lads see them as classy footballers.

These reserve players would more then hold there own in your league champ. Didnt a darley 2's player win your league bf??This is a old argument that will never be solved until our dopey league honchos give us all what we want. A boxing match between our toughest in league (big shep) & your toughest ( big skroba). Whoever wins gets bragging rites!!

One of you is a liar then. Click on the link and see for yourself. I can imagine why he would say it's the worst league he's played in - he probably had to pay for his own pies. Poor bloke most likely bankrupt.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_i...D=192191431&pname=Owen Lewis&news_task=DETAIL

CHFL is full of broken down players, owen lewis was finished half way through last year so im not surprised at all he struggled. and wen i said he hardly played i was talking about 1's. can u tell me how many ex afl are running around in your league please?

waubra have been in the finals the last few years and inverleigh have played them in practice matches for a fair few years, in 2007 inverleigh absolutely belted them in a practice match and that year waubra played off in the granny and inverleigh never made finals in gdfl so i think even though it was a practice match that is evidence that there is a fair difference in the leagues, ive spoken to mullane-grant about the league and he said that bph and east geelong would defiantly smash any chfl team by a fair margin. just give up and go back to ya own forum

And which Darley 2's player was that peasant??
As for the Murphy argument, east played Ballan in a practice match this year and Murphy kicked 14 in 3 quarters. I know Ballan are horrible but, play them twice and play all 4 quarters and there's your 30 goals. s**t league, s**t weather. Oh and a guy named Danny Liston played in a flag in GDFL in 2009 and a CHFL flag this year. What a massive gulf there must be? Now get back to dipping sheep or milking cows or whatever you brain dead ****s do

And which Darley 2's player was that peasant??
As for the Murphy argument, east played Ballan in a practice match this year and Murphy kicked 14 in 3 quarters. I know Ballan are horrible but, play them twice and play all 4 quarters and there's your 30 goals. s**t league, s**t weather. Oh and a guy named Danny Liston played in a flag in GDFL in 2009 and a CHFL flag this year. What a massive gulf there must be? Now get back to dipping sheep or milking cows or whatever you brain dead ****s do

And who are the 6+ darleys2s players at hepburn?????

East played ballan the year before and won by about 2 goals and ryan aquillinna kicked 8. was playing 2s at the half way mark and couldn't get akick. what does that say about east? Want to talk about s**t leagues look in your own back yard. As for the weather thats why you blokes can't play up here becasue you sook if its a bit cold for you. and tmg only kicks goals against the bottom sides.

And who are the 6+ darleys2s players at hepburn?????

East played ballan the year before and won by about 2 goals and ryan aquillinna kicked 8. was playing 2s at the half way mark and couldn't get akick. what does that say about east? Want to talk about s**t leagues look in your own back yard. As for the weather thats why you blokes can't play up here becasue you sook if its a bit cold for you. and tmg only kicks goals against the bottom sides.

McGrath, king x 2, gundry, clarke, hall, sexton

McGrath, king x 2, gundry, clarke, hall, sexton

Well gundry & clark don't even play at Hepburn Sexton was a fringe player at darley & Jarrod king was a 1s player at darley. The other king was only in 2s at darley but has gone ok at hepburn but hall & mcgrath wouldnt have played too many 1s games. I suppose a good Bell Park 2s player wouldnt get a game in gdfl

Well gundry & clark don't even play at Hepburn Sexton was a fringe player at darley & Jarrod king was a 1s player at darley. The other king was only in 2s at darley but has gone ok at hepburn but hall & mcgrath wouldnt have played too many 1s games. I suppose a good Bell Park 2s player wouldnt get a game in gdfl

Well McGrath played in Hepburns flag last year. Clarke and Gundry both played 1's last year. Still haven't told me who the darley 2's player who won our league b&f is though. Oh and just so you know, Spoznar is a Bell Park 2's player who got dropped from the seniors in our comp and jarryd king and sexton both played in Darley 2's losing grand final in 09 and came to Hepburn, on very good coin in 2010. Anything else you want shot to pieces?

Sorry mate but Murphy has also kicked a ton for barwon heads in the bellerine and played for south croydon in the eastern footy league div 1. Fair to say both them comps would have chfl covered. I watched the Hepburn vs Daylesford grand final last year and both east and bell post would have them covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back