FB: T.HARLEY (c) M.SCARLETT B.SANDERSON

HB: C.ENRIGHT* H.TAYLOR* D.MILBURN

C: J.BARTEL* J.SELWOOD* (vc) J.COREY

HF: P.CHAPMAN C.MOONEY S.JOHNSON*

FF: R.BURNS T.HAWKINS* M.STOKES*

RR: S.KING C.LING G.ABLETT

INT: B.OTTENS J.KELLY* B.GRAHAM P.RICCARDI

COACH: MARK THOMPSON

imo this is the most impressive side out of all the teams i have done. quality in every single line including the bench!

thoughts?

from 1999-2014.

imo this is the most impressive side out of all the teams i have done. quality in every single line including the bench!

thoughts?

That's a darn good effort. Struggling to see how I would change it to be honest.

Would like to get Graham on the starting team but can't really justify kicking any of the other talls out. Would probably have Riccardi start on the wing as the side is a little slow and push Bartel to the forward pocket in place of Stokes and then include Wojo in place of Stokes. Purely to add some needed pace to the side. Stokes and Wojo are about on par talent wise for me.

Great effort. Definitely like having King as a starting ruck. Highly underappreciated player at the club.

Buddha and Wojo are must starters in my team.
from 1999-2014.

thoughts?
Great side for sure. King probably does deserve a spot. But I would have to get Buddha and Wojo IN for sure, if we're talking 1999 onwards.
Ins : Buddha, Wojcinski
Outs: Stokes, Sanderson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hocking and Egan in for Burns and Graham.
I believe Hocking's best was past him by the turn of the century. His best was in the early / mid 90's.

And Ronnie Burns? I'd drop him, switch SJ to forward pocket and bring Rooke in on HFF.

In: Hocking
Out: Stokes
Emg: Rooke, Wojak, Stokes

i agree buddha was definitely the better player out of the two even though his best was before 99 but i tried to pick the team on position and thats why i had to go with stokes as someone who has shown talent as a small forward.

But wouldn't that also suggest you bypass on Ablett?
Arguably yes, but...Colbert was captain and hadn't achieved anything at Geelong. Ablett gave his all to Geelong between 2007 and 2010, so for that I am eternally indebted, if not slightly disappointed he turned his back on us.

from 1999-2014.

thoughts?

I like your list, I think I'd go like below but pretty similar to yours.

FB: Lonergan, Scarlett, Milburn
HB: Enright, Taylor, B. Sholl
C: Bartel, Ling, Selwood
HF: Johnson, Graham, Motlop
FF: Chapman, Hawkins, Mooney
R: Ottens, Ablett, G. Hocking,
INT: King, McGrath, Corey, Riccardi

EMER: Kelly, Rooke, Sanderson

COACH: Ken Hinkley (the 2007 game plan was his, not Bombers :D)

Last edited:
Arguably yes, but...Colbert was captain and hadn't achieved anything at Geelong. Ablett gave his all to Geelong between 2007 and 2010, so for that I am eternally indebted, if not slightly disappointed he turned his back on us.
I wouldn't say Colbert hadn't achieved anything. I remember a number of excellant games and seasons from Colbert. Stick him in the 07 team and he would of been up there with the rest of our flag stars.

I get Colbert is a traitor and his timing was horrible for the club but don't see him as being any worse to Ablett and Christensen to be honest. Colbert may of been Captain but Ablett and Christensen were home grown Geelong boys wheras Colbert wasn't. Being Captain was also part of the problem. A number of the older players resented Colbert being captain over Hocking and by all reports hardly made Colbert welcome in the role. The club was partly at fault with Colbert leaving (as with the case of Ablett) and it wasn't purely one player stabbing the club in the back. He gets unfairly treated compared to the other two. Ironically we got value picks for Colbert tha delivered us Mooney and Enright. We didn't get a fair deal with either Ablett or Christensen leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back