Preview Geelong Cats Vs Adelaide Crows KP Sat Sept 5 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is he though? He clunked a few vs North in the semi last year.... but hardly saw anything this year.

Yep. Five games played or more, he's taken the second most contested marks at the club. Hawkins is first with 2.6 per game. Walker is second with 1.4 per game.
Taylor and Clark both round out third spot with 1.2 contested marks per game.

I think playing another game does more for Menzel's mental health than any risk of injury. If there was any elevated chance of him injurying himself he wouldn't have played in the first place.
In all honesty after that comeback I do not think his mental health will be a problem.

Doc Larkin today:

Here I was looking forward to seeing Mots hand over #32 to Danger & say welcome to the club & then the boys chair Danger off the ground & is given a standing ovation by the Geelong supporters & Paddy joins in singing the team song for the first time back in the change rooms after the game :p.

To top it off Mots announces he has re-signed for 3 more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Motlop out I'm picking Smedts to come in for him!

Smedts doesn't play enough midfield to replace Motlop, wouldn't be surprised if this means a chance for Cowan to come in.

Yep. Five games played or more, he's taken the second most contested marks at the club. Hawkins is first with 2.6 per game. Walker is second with 1.4 per game.
Taylor and Clark both round out third spot with 1.2 contested marks per game.
Gee that surprises me. I guess he did get around the ground a lot as a ruckman. Maybe I noticed it less as it wasnt always a resulting shot at goal?

Can you break down the contested marks per game?

Is this the least most important game we've played in 9 years? I know we had a couple of dead rubbers leading into finals but its normally about finding form in some players or giving them game time in those cases but this feels quite foreign, I mean I hope we win but I'm not that fussed on the result as Adelaide are the better team.

Gee that surprises me. I guess he did get around the ground a lot as a ruckman. Maybe I noticed it less as it wasnt always a resulting shot at goal?

Can you break down the contested marks per game?
Surprise surprise- his best was 3 contested marks in each of the following games: vs Bulldogs, Hawks (2nd game) and Pies (2nd game)- of course now we'll hear that his opponent was a short-arsed 16-year old or something..

Here, have a look at his stats- you will be able to see how many contested marks he took per game and how many marks inside 50 he took this year:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Josh_Walker.html

Another surprise- looking at those stats, his contested possessions vs uncontested possession ratio is almost 1:1. In fact, over his career, it's EXACTLY 1:1

The media saw Kelly coming into the club after the Collingwood loss and asked him what the feeling was like around the club at the moment. His response:

"Shithouse, mate. "

Haha..

The media saw Kelly coming into the club after the Collingwood loss and asked him what the feeling was like around the club at the moment. His response:

"Shithouse, mate. "

Haha..
Fair point though, they wouldn't exactly be bouncing off the walls with happiness having their season just ended

Last couple games reckon Thurlow has looked cooked, and obviously Gregson has been for a month or so.
Has been a remarkable effort from Thurlow this year... he missed a sizeable chunk of the pre season with a pretty major injury... imagine what he can do off a full pre-season!

"Shithouse, mate. "

Haha..
and imagine the comments here if he had said something upbeat !

Wondering what peoples thoughts are on the below.

A colleague has two reserved seats through a reserved membership (one adult, one child) in the Premiership Stand.
I have a membership, and normally site in General Admin with mates.

My colleage cannot go, so has offered me his reserved seat membership for the adult and child.
I would like to take my partner, however she is not a child (luckily).
I plan to use my colleagues membership for the reserved seats, and my parter will use my membership.

Will there be an issue if my partner and I sit in his reserved seats that will otherwise be empty?
The only issue I can see is my partner not being a child, but surely as she will be using my membership nobody would really care.

Or will it kick up a stink? Thoughts?

Wondering what peoples thoughts are on the below.

A colleague has two reserved seats through a reserved membership (one adult, one child) in the Premiership Stand.
I have a membership, and normally site in General Admin with mates.

My colleage cannot go, so has offered me his reserved seat membership for the adult and child.
I would like to take my partner, however she is not a child (luckily).
I plan to use my colleagues membership for the reserved seats, and my parter will use my membership.

Will there be an issue if my partner and I sit in his reserved seats that will otherwise be empty?
The only issue I can see is my partner not being a child, but surely as she will be using my membership nobody would really care.

Or will it kick up a stink? Thoughts?
you're the expert iameviljez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back