GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetor

Draftee
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
I know Corio have made a very poor appointment of coach. I hope i am proved wrong because i know the prez does come on here and he is a good fella but i believe McDowell is a bad call. Time will tell i suppose.
How do you know it's a bad appointment??? . Is training too hard for you?

alltruth

Rookie
Oct 26, 2010
geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I dont know mcdowell, but have heard that there training has been very positive and that if the players follow his direction with training intensity corio will be a very young and enthusiatic group come round 1.

whiteknight

Rookie
May 1, 2010
geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
havent heard much about winch anakie and nth on here??

east geelong are gona be very strong once again and with the "rumour" that pyle is goin to nth shore i think that will leave a massive hole in bph forward line..

which club are doing the best with recuits? and whos lost blokes

i heard from a good source that diblasio bryant and watts all gone to gfl from nth, any1 else heard this[/quot

Winch have lost attrill and the hogarth brothers they may also lose some fringe players 2 modda. They have picked up grigg and 4 guys from lake wenderee and they are close 2 signing 3 south barwon premiership players

south premiership players???? dont think so maybe 2s players but not premiership players

caveman

All Australian
Mar 6, 2001
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Coburg/Kangaroo Flat
8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

ovenmits

Draftee
May 26, 2010
kitchen
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will be interesting to see how the boys coming up from the u18's will go in the ones this year, predictions on who will star and who will flop?

#1_gdfl_fan

Debutant
Aug 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
tate heading back to anakie

haha he is a fossil, good player in his day but has done nothing for 3 years.. anakie will be ordinary again this year with prob the best player that has trained with them goin to east in scott venner..

bit early but east vs banno GF

what other clubs have lost players, east banno and bph have seemed to keep there list, hows werribee north and belmont traveling????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back