GDFL Geelong & District Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banno finals record is not great over the last few years. They have recruited Kane Taylor a back pocket/back flank from drysdale premership teams and dean cockerell a reserves player who has played a handful of senior football at drysdale.

Banno finals record is not great over the last few years. They have recruited Kane Taylor a back pocket/back flank from drysdale premership teams and dean cockerell a reserves player who has played a handful of senior football at drysdale.
i dont think Kane Taylor played in either of drysdales premiership teams but will still be a handy player

How good was he last year, i heard he was not that good had injuries all the time

started like a house on fire but slowed up as the year went on.

at times he looked disinterested to be honest. (but he certainly wasn't alone at East in that regard).

speaking of which, big season for the Eagles, they had a disappointing year with clearly the best list in the comp.

i don't care what anybody says, the hunger was gone last season and they made a prelim purely on talent.

if they get their **** together this season I will be tipping them for the flag.

Will be a cracking day! Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

GFL will smash them all and none of those sides listed there could put a candle to the Ovens and Murray, Goulburn Valley and Ballarat leagues...

I don't know why they are running this comp TBH.

there are my thoughts. :thumbsu:

started like a house on fire but slowed up as the year went on.

at times he looked disinterested to be honest. (but he certainly wasn't alone at East in that regard).

speaking of which, big season for the Eagles, they had a disappointing year with clearly the best list in the comp.
i don't care what anybody says, the hunger was gone last season and they made a prelim purely on talent.

if they get their **** together this season I will be tipping them for the flag.

This is crap. BPH will clearly the best side in the competition as proved by their form in the second half of the season and their demolition of the final series. BHP had class and talent all over the park and played consistent 4 quarter football. East had too many passengers and and could only turn it on for a quater here and quarter there a sign of a run of the mill team.

This is crap. BPH will clearly the best side in the competition as proved by their form in the second half of the season and their demolition of the final series. BHP had class and talent all over the park and played consistent 4 quarter football. East had too many passengers and and could only turn it on for a quater here and quarter there a sign of a run of the mill team.

Just because a team was good last year does not automatically mean it will dominate the next year. It is too early to be making those calls. I think East certainly had what may be described as motivational issues last year which is not uncommon after winning a flag. While it is fair to say BPH will be strong it is unfair to say East will not be. Too early to call.

Just because a team was good last year does not automatically mean it will dominate the next year. It is too early to be making those calls. I think East certainly had what may be described as motivational issues last year which is not uncommon after winning a flag. While it is fair to say BPH will be strong it is unfair to say East will not be. Too early to call.
Where did i say BPH will dominate in 2011? I was just making the point that BPH were clearly the best and most talented side in 2010 as vindicated by their domination of the second half of the year and then the final series. The way they played in terms of structure was streets ahead of any other team in the competition. East like some other teams (werribee, bannockburn and North included) had obvious talent but talent alone is not enough to be a successful team.

I read the highlighted bit as if you missed the "be" so it would have been "BPH will clearly be the best side in the competition"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any info on Travis Johns from Werribee Centrals?

Very good player (was the best mid in the comp for a period last season) when up and going but was plagued with hammy troubles late on.

robustly built and tough but has a decent skill set too.

where's he off to?

big loss for WC if he goes.

anybody heard this rumour about East being under investigation for breaching VCFL district club rules in regards to player payments?

Very good player (was the best mid in the comp for a period last season) when up and going but was plagued with hammy troubles late on.

where's he off to?

big loss for WC if he goes.

anybody heard this rumour about East being under investigation for breaching VCFL district club rules in regards to player payments?

I have not heard about it. What rule would they break.

where's he off to?big loss for WC if he goes.

Rockbank in the RDFL. Clearance is on the GDFL website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back