Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies S18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StudsDuds_170512_648x365_2235861561-hero.jpg

The weekly segment where we find out who was the STUD & DUD of the week. This is purely a SIM stat based award and holds no bearing on individual awards at seasons end.

Each week we will have a different STUD and DUD sponsor of the week depending on what shone and what was shite of that week. However we will have some familiar faces as permanent Sponsors.

Round 7 results coming up!

5 wins in a row Baby!!

Geelong-celebrate-001.jpg
1_aasp20afl6-20130920113450192498-620x349.jpg

East Side Hawks : 12.7.79
Geelong Gumbies : 14.10.94

What a win.....What a Bloody Great Win Team. Let me begin by congratulating each and everyone of you on making it 5 wins in a row. In my time at the club its the longest winning streak and while others may have been here before S14 and may recall larger runs, I can not. Also congratulations to our newest recruit on his debut Spanna65 may this be the start of many more to come. Also a big congratulations to krisholio14 on his 200th game for the club. Now we don't usually win milestone games so it was pleasing to win it for him. Well done mate.

krisholio.png

In a tight tough affair between 2 pretty evenly matched sides we grounded out a vital win to consolidate our selves amongst the best in the SFA. We finished strongly and deserved our 8 point win. We had some outstanding contributions from GETSOMENUTS who had 32 possessions in the ruck, Tayl0r put in her best display this season with 23 touches and 7 marks and she capped it off with 2 vital goals, yours truly lifted and produced 27 disposals and 7 tackles, SM had his best game this season with 26 touches and 7 tackles, grimlock had 20 possessions and 11 marks, SOPH_CROSS had 24. Mr CONSISTANT Mr Gor racked up 26 touches, apollo_creed continues to grow in this side with 23 disposals but all and all it was a collective group that got us over the line in this Epic battle.

3205108-3x2-700x467.jpg

Young Spanna65 is elated after the final siren

Nominations for STUD of the Week are - A Bit High, GETSOMENUTS Tayl0r Mr Gor SOPH_CROSS

Thanks to our STUD SPONSOR - The NSW Warratahs for their amazing win in Super Rugby. Now I dont give 2 hoots about the code and did not watch the game. In fact only knew they had won while in the gym this morning but happy to jump on the band wagon if it means a celebration and this most certainly is a good enough excuse. Well done lads and enjoy being the STUD Sponsor of the week!!!

war4-20140803002020605385-620x414.jpg

Keeping with the winning tradition I will not be nominating a DUD this week. Since we have got on this incredible role I think each player deserves to avoid the award so peterss you dodged one this time round mate ;)

Last edited:
STUDETTE of the Week - Tayl0r
DUD of the Week - N/A

Stud
Round 1 - Mr Gor
Round 2 - A Bit High
Round 3 - Mr Gor
Round 4 - apollo_creed
Round 5 - typeclub
Round 6 - GETSOMENUTS
Round 7 - Tayl0r

Dud
Round 1 - A Bit High
Round 2 - peterss
Round 3 - N/A
Round 4 - A Bit High
Round 5 - N/A
Round 6 - N/A
Round 7 - N/A

Some Stats without actually being Stats - But nice to know just the same -

Round 1 we had 15 posters contribute 644 posts with 8 reaching double figures. The 8 were DREAM TEAM BUFF Bucketss Hatchy1992 A Bit High Tayl0r SM GETSOMENUTS and SOPH_CROSS

Round 2 we had 16 posters contribute 354 posts with 7 reaching double figures. The 7 were
DREAM TEAM BUFF Hatchy1992 A Bit High Tayl0r SM GETSOMENUTS and SOPH_CROSS

Round 3 we had 17 posters contribute 541 posts with 10 reaching double figures. The 10 were
DREAM TEAM BUFF Bucketss Hatchy1992 A Bit High Tayl0r SM GETSOMENUTS SOPH_CROSS Mr Gor and mellowyellow

Round 4 we had 18 posters contribute 346 posts with 7 reaching double figures. The 7 were
DREAM TEAM BUFF A Bit High Tayl0r SM GETSOMENUTS apollo_creed and Mr Gor

Round 5 we had 16 posters contribute 478 posts with 8 reaching double figues. The 8 were DREAM TEAM BUFF Hatchy1992 A Bit High Tayl0r SM apollo_creed GETSOMENUTS and SOPH_CROSS

Round 6 we had 15 posters contribute 394 posts with 9 reaching double figures. The 9 were DREAM TEAM BUFF Hatchy1992 A Bit High Mr Gor Tayl0r SM apollo_creed GETSOMENUTS and SOPH_CROSS

Round 7 we had 14 posters contribute 303 posts with 9 posters reaching double figures. The 9 were DREAM TEAM BUFF Hatchy1992 A Bit High Mr Gor Tayl0r SM Fizzler GETSOMENUTS and Spanna65

Well done to Fizzler and Spanna65 on a superb Round 7 and if this continues some fresh spots on the ground are theirs. So be warned team, we have 2 rookies hungry for prime positions on the ground!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back