This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Hello Victorious Gumbies, well done and a fun match thread as well.
An interview with Spanna65 is up on Inside Qooty.

Mar 8, 2007
With My Mate Jack - Jack Daniel's
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, PAFC, QBN TIGERS & JD
GumbyCentralButton_final_med-300x300.png
images

We continue our Gumby players in the spotlight series and this week its one of our boom rookies in Spanna65 who recently was interviewed by This Is Anfield so lets keep the theme going and relax and enjoy some time with the young gun.

154475.jpg
Spanna65

- How did you get involved with the Gumbies?
Fizzler suggested that I join the Gumbies in the SFA.

- What is your favourite thing about the Gumbies?
The team is very in sync. It is easy to fit in with the others.

- What has been your best moment so far in the games you have played?
Winning all my matchups thus far

- Favourite Match Thread this Year?
First game VS the Hawks

- If you could change one thing about the club, what would it be?
Nothing. It's awesome the way it is.

- 3 Gumbies you would want to be on an island with and why?
ABH- Would make sure everything is in order
Tayl0r- She's hilarious
Mr Gor- Alwyas has something to talk about

- What do you do in RL for a job?
N/A

- Your favourite AFL Player?
Buddy. Makes everything look easy.

- Best RL AFL match you have been to?
2007 Sheedy's last game in Perth. Many more just can't think of them right now.
For the WAFL it would have to be 2013 Grand Final.

- Favourite Meal?
Chicken parmy.

- Favourite Beverage?
Coca cola??

- Favourite Movie?
Anchorman

- Favourite Album?
Not really a music bloke, Feeler by Pete Murray.

- Any other Sports you follow?
Cricket,anything else that's on TV.

Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
StudsDuds_170512_648x365_2235861561-hero.jpg

The weekly segment where we find out who was the STUD & DUD of the week. This is purely a SIM stat based award and holds no bearing on individual awards at seasons end.

Each week we will have a different STUD and DUD sponsor of the week depending on what shone and what was shite of that week. However we will have some familiar faces as permanent Sponsors.

Round 13 results coming up!

******In preperation so I don't miss out on Man Utd after work****

Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Gumbies 19.16.130
Swamprats 15.9.99

Well done team as we now sit top of the SFA ladder. Thought we might have shot ourselves in the foot like another Powerful club with inaccuracy but we continued to pepper the goals and eventually they went through the big sticks. Again we had many who contributed without any standout which has been a major benefit to our side to have such an even contribution. Again we did not have any player under 10 DT points for the week so congratulations to everyone. But we did a few who contributed more Tayl0r was outstanding with 31 touches as was Hatchy1992 who collected 26. SelwoodTaylor and ABH both gathered 18 possessions with the skipper havinig 7 tackles. SM also had 7 tackles along with 19 disposals. grimlock could have had a huge game if the kicking boot was on. He kicked 2-6 and was a constant thorn in the Swampies side. krisholio14 kicked 4 and SOPH_CROSS kicked 3.

We play the 2nd place Bandits this week and those who can remeber they gave us a touch up earlier in the season. We are better prepared but we must respect them and deliver another warning to the rest of the league. A win and we are assured finals with 3 matches left.

Nominations for Stud of the Week - Tayl0r SM Hatchy1992

A big thanks to pour STUD sponsor this week the Sydney Swans and Adam Goodes. They showed the footballing public once again that they are a powerhouse. Gone are the days when they would grind out a result with negating style football. Now they have the armoury to destroy sides with big scores. The Kangaroos never got into it because the Swans were far to good in every aspect of the game. They will be very hard to beat and could well go back to back in Stud Stakes.

Adam Goodes, 2 Brownlows, 2 premierships and 350 games....Outstanding career!

Congratulation Sydney Swans and Adam Goodes!

12NewsHero.jpg

Nominations for Dud of The Week - N/A

STUD of the Week -
Tayl0r
Dud of the Week - N/A

Stud
Round 1 - Mr Gor
Round 2 - A Bit High
Round 3 - Mr Gor
Round 4 - apollo_creed
Round 5 - typeclub
Round 6 - GETSOMENUTS
Round 7 - Tayl0r
Round 8 - SM
Round 9 - Tayl0r
Round 10 - GETSOMENUTS & ABH
Round 11 - ABH
Round 12 - ABH & GSN
Round 13 - Tayl0r

Dud
Round 1 - A Bit High
Round 2 - peterss
Round 3 - N/A
Round 4 - A Bit High
Round 5 - N/A
Round 6 - N/A
Round 7 - N/A
Round 8 - N/A
Round 9 - N/A
Round 10 - typeclub
Round 11 - peterss
Round 12 - N/A
Round 13 - N/A

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
GumbyCentralButton_final_med-300x300.png
images

Welcome to the Gumbies weekly segment where we get to chat to our team mates and find out a little bit more about them on and off the qooty field. Today its one of the big improvers and a player I ear marked for greatness late last season. Its our gun winger Hatchy1992 and I am looking forward to Hatchy not only assisting us towards a premiership tilt but helping this club grow into the dominant force of the competition, so sit back, grab a cold one and relax as we put the spotlight on Hatchy1992

106204.jpg
Hatchy1992

- How did you get involved with the Gumbies?
Midway through last season I got an inbox from our inspirational leader A Bit High asking me if I was interested in joining this fantastic Qooty club. I took a while to read through the contract offer but it didn't take much convincing when the initial offer was on the table. Now i'm just proud to be a part of this famous club.

- What is your favourite thing about the Gumbies?
The team morale is second to none at the moment. Everyones excited about where we're headed at the moment. If we can keep this squad together, it's only going to get better from here.

- What has been your best moment so far in the games you have played?

Firstr and foremost making my debut midway through last season. Even though the result didn't go our way it was still fantastic to run out with the lads and ladies in the famous jumper. Kicking the 2 goals in my debut was just the icing on the cake.

- Favourite Match Thread this Year?

Can't go past the Furies match thread in round 4. That's what a match thread should be about. Banter from both sides, but no crossing the line either. There's a fine line between those two area's and I thought it

- If you could change one thing about the club, what would it be?

More interactive initiatives like this. This is a really good idea and will benefit the team immensely imo.

- 3 Gumbies you would want to be on an island with and why?

Tough one. Took me a while to think about, the entire team wouldn't be bad, but if I had to go with 3, SM so we could chat about the mutual interest of football, A Bit High, just seems like a really cool bloke and Tayl0r she seems like someone that could keep everyone positive while the rescue comes.

- What do you do in RL for a job?

I used to work in a law firm part time last year, but I we mutually agreed to part ways so that I could concentrate on my study for university. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a law degree at Southern Cross and really enjoying it.

- Your favourite AFL Player?

Can't go past big Drewy Petrie. North's inspirational leader on an off the field and a really good bloke off the field too. Had the chance to meet him a few times in the past and he's only too happy to stop and chat.

- Best RL AFL match you have been to?
Dad took me down to Melb for the first time last season to watch North play Richmond at Etihad. Wasn't a good game for Richmond supporters after North's convincing 40 point victory. The atmosphere was fantastic and I stayed well after the siren singing along with likeminded North supporters Joining in the Chorus.

- Favourite Meal?

Can't go past a good dish of Spaghetti Bolognese.

- Favourite Beverage?

A nice cold Corona (Thanks Mexico) doesn't go astray. But a Carlton Draught isn't too bad either. Non alcoholic probably a coffee to get me through boring ass law lectures.

- Favourite Movie?

Pulp Fiction by a long way. Samuel L Jackson was great, so was John Travolta. If you haven't seen it, watch it right now. Highly recommend it.

- Favourite Album?
Not an album, my music draft choices were controversial to say the least so i'll save you all from that again and go with but a Bon Jovi album. Any of them.

- Any other Sports you follow?
Soccer or as it's called in Europe football first and foremost. Love my beloved Chelsea. Used to watch NRL as I grew up in QLD (pretty unavoidable mind you) but I couldn't give a damn about that anymore. Aussie Rules and soccer is where it's at.

Back