List Mgmt. Geelong Interested in Carlton's Lachie Henderson

Do you want Lachie Henderson at the cats?

• Yes

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
I mean they could have made an offer to many clubs using some of those picks.They had that many of them. I could imagine what Geelong would have said if they had offered 3 picks in top 15 for Chapman or whoever. They threw a heap of money , huge money at a kid...not even a scarce type , a young mid who has proven to be just a good ordinary best 22 player.

There were plenty of better players than Chapman who were out of contract and could just walk to the club if they could convince them to come, they would have talked to any half decent player who was out of contract and they had two years to do it(which would probably be around 80% of all players) suggests to me that they had trouble convincing individuals to join there club.

manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
Not every player you want is out of contract. Paying huge money to a player like Scully . No , not for mine.
Oh I agree 100% it was a bad move. But they made the best of the situation and by god did it generate a lot of publicity for GWS
The Dees also did well out of it. They got to move on a spud in Scully for ******* Hogan!

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
Oh I agree 100% it was a bad move. But they made the best of the situation and by god did it generate a lot of publicity for GWS
The Dees also did well out of it. They got to move on a spud in Scully for ******* Hogan!

Win Win.
GWS gets Scully, pick 3, pick 13 picks that only existed in the first place because they got Scully from Melbourne.
Melbourne Gets Hogan who GWS couldn't get in the first place.

I disagree on Scully. They could have gotten better if they had not been so greedy. Im not sure he has ever been BOG for them has he? Still it looks like its not a defining choice.
Whilst I agree he has largely been a bust for them... he also went there as a kid.... and this year the games I've seen he is starting to look a good player. So it may work out well for them in the end

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
There were plenty of better players than Chapman who were out of contract and could just walk to the club if they could convince them to come, they would have talked to any half decent player who was out of contract and they had two years to do it(which would probably be around 80% of all players) suggests to me that they had trouble convincing individuals to join there club.
Obviously I do not know all they approached. I do not believe they approached all willing to go with Scully money.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Whilst I agree he has largely been a bust for them... he also went there as a kid.... and this year the games I've seen he is starting to look a good player. So it may work out well for them in the end
Id agree with that.. Good player that is no better than quite a few others they have. Worthy of best 22.

Go Hoops

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Not every player you want is out of contract. Paying huge money to a player like Scully . No , not for mine.
Our recent successful history is not to pay overs. We shouldn't for Henderson (though he would fill the bill for Enright wonderfully) or any other player. Messiah complexes we don't need.

Is it realistic to think we could land both Dangerfield AND S.Selwood though? Ill be pleasantly surprised if we could grab one let alone both. If you are on the money and we do get both, then trading our first rounder would be perfectly acceptable.

I never said we would get both, all I have said is a) we have the cap room for both and b) we are trying very hard to get both, both of which are true.

When you see how poorly our midfield is playing and the lack of support Joel is getting, it's very clear we need these two.

The reality is our onfield performance will determine whether we get these or any other free agents this year, if we finish bottom 6 we are unlikely to get any free agents as they don't readily want to go to clubs that aren't contending.

Back