Geelong v. Bulldogs @ Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Was nice to see our young kids give yours an absolute touch up in the VFL beforehand, to move to top of the ladder. Before our extremely inexperienced side compared to yours put up a good fight. Wouldn't get too cocky about where both teams are going.
Unfortunately the Bulldogs have never had the ability to transfer good young talent into actual results. Safe to say this will be the case yet again.

Geelong's youngsters are performing now, you only have the hope that yours will perform in the future.

Just going by what I saw and what near every radio/TV commentator mentioned. 3AW/Fox Footy/ABC all in agreement.

There's no doubting that we had the rub of the green today. From an unbiased perspective I did see a lot of non-calls and iffy frees go our way. However, that's the state of the game at the moment. We've had our fair share of games where umpiring has gone against us this year. It's a trend across a lot of games, which is bad for the game, even i my team was on the right end of it.

Geelong played better under tough conditions, and rightly so, your team won. Be gracious in victory. Not just aimed at you by the way. I know it has to go both ways, Dogs supporters should be gallant in defeat, because we did fight well today, and I'm optimistic of our future. Geelong are a good side, and have been for a long time. Well done on the win.

Was on auto pilot, =the laziest premiership coach in vfl afl history no wonder youve been going backwards ever since

Here's a fun fact. Since Geelong beat the Saints in the 2009 grand final, St.Kilda have won 49 of 108 games. Geelong have won 85 of 113 in the same time. If anyone knows about going backwards, it'd be a Saints fan.

Was nice to see our young kids give yours an absolute touch up in the VFL beforehand, to move to top of the ladder. Before our extremely inexperienced side compared to yours put up a good fight. Wouldn't get too cocky about where both teams are going.

No, you beat up on our VFL listed players and top ups from the GFL.
Our kids are playing AFL.

Unfortunately the Bulldogs have never had the ability to transfer good young talent into actual results. Safe to say this will be the case yet again.

Geelong's youngsters are performing now, you only have the hope that yours will perform in the future.
Yeah... I think we will be fine.

Not hard to perform when you've got absolute top liner seniors by your side, and our youngsters are the ones keeping us in games and winning them off their own boot.

I think Geelong supporter are whinging because they simply can't explain how the Dogs got so close, and not just that, young players such as Bontempelli have a brighter future than any of the Geelong kids.

You should be glad with a win, not whining about the umpires.

Here's a fun fact. Since Geelong beat the Saints in the 2009 grand final, St.Kilda have won 49 of 108 games. Geelong have won 85 of 113 in the same time. If anyone knows about going backwards, it'd be a Saints fan.

Now do 2004 to present!
You know, when both clubs finished top 4 with young talented teams who were both destined to win flags.
That was after the Saints SMASHED us in the wizard cup grand final too, and everyone said they were miles ahead of us.
What happened from there?

Well if thats the case you must have some pretty poor depth then tbh, since our kids are playing AFL too (and more of them) and our other kids who can't even fit in the team are sitting on top of the VFL ladder.

Oh what, just like our kids Hunter, Stringer, Honeychurch, Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Hrovat, Stevens, Redpath, Roughead are playing AFL.

Our VFL team is top of the ladder, and the majority of the players are made up of young players showing not only our depth and potential. So when kids are tip of the ladder in the VFL despite the fact that the top 10+ of our kids are playing AFL, I don't think you can really compare the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty ordinary really huh.
Considering both Geelong and St Kilda started a young talented team at the same time, result?
Cats: 3 Flags, one of the Greatest teams ever.
Saints: Nothing, nada, zip, zilch and now wooden spooners , as per normal viewing.

Had to cheat a poster into a goal to beat us, otherwise wouldnt have beaten us. Besides where thomson is supplements are

Did you notice we had Liberatore, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Macrae, Stringer, Hrovat, Hunter, Bontempelli and Honeychurch out there? A number of them were amongst our best.

All in all, a competitive game - Geelong deserved the win and their experience and superior ball use was the difference in the end.

I think Geelong supporter are whinging because they simply can't explain how the Dogs got so close, and not just that, young players such as Bontempelli have a brighter future than any of the Geelong kids.

You should be glad with a win, not whining about the umpires.
Well can you explain it?

Well, here's what I think. We're in the top 8, we're a more successful club, both historically and certainly in recent years, and we won today. Your club is historically s**t, currently s**t, and recent incessant finals failures. Your club is the laughing stock of the competition, only beaten by the Saints.

You want to know the harsh reality, Dogs fans? Yes, we probably will fall away while you rise up the ladder. That's because you fell down the ladder years before us and have had to trudge through s**t for years. We remained competitive. However, when your window does open and you begin to push for the top 4 yourselves, you know who's going to be there to smash you in the prelims this time? GWS and GC, who have a much better young list than you do and will be able to sustain dominance over the competition for a far greater period of time than you could hope to.

That really sucks for you, Dogs fans, but hey, you might get to see some more prelims involving your team. That's pretty cool, right? Great job today. You did really well to not win. I mean, the objective is to win, but I wouldn't expect Dogs supporters, who are content with perpetual failure, to understand that. I guess a 13-point loss to a good side is pretty much your grand final.

Mate that's just Brutal, take it down a level.

Now do 2004 to present!
You know, when both clubs finished top 4 with young talented teams who were both destined to win flags.
That was after the Saints SMASHED us in the wizard cup grand final too, and everyone said they were miles ahead of us.
What happened from there?

Geelong - Played 259, won 189, lost 69, drawn 1
St.Kilda - Played 252, won 142, lost 106, drawn 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back