Geelong v. Bulldogs @ Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, I bet right now the Cats are wishing they had the right Scott
Hey you know what I love having the option of? Watching OUR Scott brother hold Premiership cup aloft. I also love being able to put on a DVD of my club winning a flag, and watch it in colour.

Haha the words of a man who knows his side is well and truly on the slide.
You wouldnt know what it is to be on a slide Champ. To slide, a side has to start at the top. What do you call it when all your side does is sit at the bottom and just sit. and sit. and sit. not climb, not improve, just sit. If you could let me know the word for that, I'd appreciate it. then i'll use that word to insult you and the sad 1 flag winning, no supporter having, 6500 people at Ethihad attending rabble that you support.

Last edited:

Unfortunately the Bulldogs have never had the ability to transfer good young talent into actual results. Safe to say this will be the case yet again.

Geelong's youngsters are performing now, you only have the hope that yours will perform in the future.

Six premiership players to retire over the next two years, will leave your mainly average kids exposed, you can bookmark it!

Mate, you are an embarrassment to Geelong supporters because I think most would be disappointed by your "big headed" post. I am embarrassed that your are a Tasmanian ........ however, do you come from Burnie and your mum is Jackie Lambie?

Six premiership players to retire over the next two years, will leave your mainly average kids exposed, you can bookmark it!

We've lost plenty the last few years considered there were 3 Premiership teams.
But as usual you guys miss the point, PREMIERSHIP teams.
Who the * cares if we drop off 4/5 years after our last flag (won by one of the oldest sides ever).
How did the lions go recently after their 3 flags?
What about 2 teams who were competing at the same time as us, the dogs and saints, how have they been the last few years?
It's a massive result to STILL be "up" a decade after our prelim lose to the Lions.

hahahaha bookmark this. People were telling us that we'd slide once Scarlett, Ottens, Harley, Hunt, Egan, Ablett, Corey, Chappy Byrnes and many others retired. But guess what? We're still 11 - 4 and will finish top 4. So * off back to the Western Suburbs, go watch a VHS tape of your one and only premiership, in black and white, and we'll have a movie marathon watching our 3 in 6 premierships on DVD.

Full credit to the Geelong supporters displaying humility in victory and likewise to the Dogs after a loss.

To those choosing to denigrate us as supporters and as a club, shame on you. Never forget where you came from.

Well done Cats on a hard fought victory, and well done Dogs, without accepting a tough loss, the effort was there, away in horrid conditions. Keep chipping away, we're in good hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full credit to the Geelong supporters displaying humility in victory and likewise to the Dogs after a loss.

To those choosing to denigrate us as supporters and as a club, shame on you. Never forget where you came from.

Well done Cats on a hard fought victory, and well done Dogs, without accepting a tough loss, the effort was there, away in horrid conditions. Keep chipping away, we're in good hands.

Well said - after reading some of the crap in this thread, my respect for most Geelong supporters has gone down hill.

Well said, after reading this thread and another one that has just been closed down, Geelong supporters are a bit over the top tonight.

People need to stop sooking about the free kick count. For some reason, a majority of AFL fans seem to have this false belief that if the free kick count doesn't go your way, it wasn't fair. Or if there was a decent margin in it, then you got screwed over and the umpires tried to win the game for the other team. Well sorry, but sometimes you do get games where the free kick count has a significant difference. Just about all the free kicks were there anyway. You have to take into account, the wet weather, the dogs generally being smaller players in height, and the fact that the Cats were tackling like crazy and running up the stats, you will find that the chances of giving away free kicks is higher, particularly contact to the head, which I think most were anyways. The umpires didn't do the Bulldogs favours, they were there.

If you want to play the umpires were trying to help the Bulldogs win crap, then I will bite, pretty sure just about all of Geelongs free kicks were in front of goal, and lets not get started about that horrendous goal review decision, so I guess you can say their decisions were more beneficial for you guys than some of ours

I think we should be looking at the inconsistencies in interpretations, and the calls that they missed, and it went both ways for both teams. Though being a wet game is a nightmare for incorrect disposal calls. Get over the whole, blame umpires thing. The Bulldogs got close, because they played better as the game went on, period.

And whats with the booing of every single contest? Makes you all look silly, I thought I was in an Adelaide crowd all game

Well said - after reading some of the crap in this thread, my respect for most Geelong supporters has gone down hill.
Get along with a few Geelong supporters and choose to ignore those that I don't respect - as with every club in the AFL and across every sport that I follow. Makes life immensely easier for everyone :)

Lol ******* pathetic by the crowd, the umpiring was absolutely fine. Of course it sounds bad when you boo every single time you go near the ball.
People need to stop sooking about the free kick count. For some reason, a majority of AFL fans seem to have this false belief that if the free kick count doesn't go your way, it wasn't fair. Or if there was a decent margin in it, then you got screwed over and the umpires tried to win the game for the other team. Well sorry, but sometimes you do get games where the free kick count has a significant difference. Just about all the free kicks were there anyway. You have to take into account, the wet weather, the dogs generally being smaller players in height, and the fact that the Cats were tackling like crazy and running up the stats, you will find that the chances of giving away free kicks is higher, particularly contact to the head, which I think most were anyways. The umpires didn't do the Bulldogs favours, they were there.

If you want to play the umpires were trying to help the Bulldogs win crap, then I will bite, pretty sure just about all of Geelongs free kicks were in front of goal, and lets not get started about that horrendous goal review decision, so I guess you can say their decisions were more beneficial for you guys than some of ours

I think we should be looking at the inconsistencies in interpretations, and the calls that they missed, and it went both ways for both teams. Though being a wet game is a nightmare for incorrect disposal calls. Get over the whole, blame umpires thing. The Bulldogs got close, because they played better as the game went on, period.

And whats with the booing of every single contest? Makes you all look silly, I thought I was in an Adelaide crowd all game
Of course frees don't have to be equal, but you'd have to be blind not to notice how one sided the umpiring was today.

Of course frees don't have to be equal, but you'd have to be blind not to notice how one sided the umpiring was today.
It went our way yes I agree, it goes one teams way every single game. I completely stand by my comments that it wasn't as bad as its been made out, and the two goal turn around from that disgraceful review was worse than anything you copped. Like I said of course you notice it when the whole crowd boos every time you grab somebody with the ball.

I do admit you guys got on the rough end a few times. Was more so addressing those who are complaining about the free kick difference in general. That wasn't where you got screwed over, as they were there. It was the stuff that wasn't called that was the real issue, it went both ways for both teams, but admittedly so much more for Geelong. Even I saw stuff in front of me that I thought was stiff for Geelong to miss. The problem is the consistencies on what is called, and what isn't, despite being the same situation. The AFL need to come out and do something about it

I partially feel for the umpires, because games where is wet and pouring, and both teams a playing a boring, 18 on 18 at every contest, there is going to be a lot of things missed. And the wet conditions sometimes make it difficult to distinguish incorrect disposal

Mate we got no goals from frees. I think our only scoring shot from a free was GHS behind in the third quarter.

I know there's plenty of s**t in this thread but don't add to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back