Geelong v Fremantle, Rnd 19 2014 @ Simonds Stadium 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the tears. Don't even remember any howlingly bad free kicks? Play the bloody ball, don't hit someone over the head and you shouldn't give away 30+ free kicks... Geelong had more touches and more tackles, first to the ball all night. Of course they're gonna get more free kicks.

Not seeing anyone point out individual decisions that were incorrect, just simpletons who seem to think teams are entitled to similar free kick counts regardless of how undisciplined one team is..
To be fair, I'm sure someone is going to point out individual decisions, but let's face it 27 unwarranted Geelong frees and 23 missed Fremantle frees is going to be one big post. Give them time.

Geelong had more touches and more tackles, first to the ball all night. .

Both tackles and touches gaps can be faciliated by free kicks.

A free kick is a 'touch'. And a free kick also negates a tackle from the opposing player.

So the free kick discrepancy can more than account for the disposal and tackle differential which you claim.

Loving the tears. Don't even remember any howlingly bad free kicks? Play the bloody ball, don't hit someone over the head and you shouldn't give away 30+ free kicks... Geelong had more touches and more tackles, first to the ball all night. Of course they're gonna get more free kicks.
Wow, that's an astonishingly ridiculous post. So wrong.

if yu want incorrect... at one stage Sandi was going for a mark and had both arms held by man of the moment Harry, no call. it's unbelievable. The trouble with 50/50 free kicks though is they are all "there" and they are all "not there" but when all the 50-50s go the other way it is slightly annoying.

If a 31 - 14 ish free kick count "doesn't really change the outcome of the match much" then why bother having free kicks at all?

To stop spuds like Dawson continually holding on to Hawkins at every contest, etc.

You're upset about losing, I get it. Perhaps you focus more of your anger towards poster-pavlich and Mayne. He had a shot to win the game and blew it after all.

Steve Johnson receiving one for the 'accidental bump' in the first quarter. He grabs Sutcliffe over the head and then falls over 'takes a dive'. He then squared the ball and Mackie goaled.

Plus not even really the fact you received 31 free kicks. Fact was we couldn't buy one for similar incidents. I recall 3 times you received HTB decisions despite the fact we didnt even have the ball.

Sandilands massive arm chop in marking contest and the commentators wanked over Harry and how good he was in that contest. Sandilands never receives the frees he should.

Commentators also blowing their load over Lonergan, who just scragged Pav. Yes Zac did the same to Hawkins, but he received some frees.

Varcoe punching Suban in the face, then jumper punching him seconds later... I mean what is the umpire watching.

Fyfe held in just about every contest for a clearance where we smashed you. He received one free kick.

Well done on your win, but don't prance about like the umpiring was a non event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think its fair to A say Geelong were lucky to win when they clearly the best team for 85 % of the night (arguably) and B call Freo fans whingers for complaining about such a lop sided free kick count.

Would love to see these two teams play each other in the finals again, it really is becoming footy's most bitter rivalry !!!

Bartel's ducking into a tackle and resultant goal.
Steven Johnsons staging for two free kicks resulting in goals. One where he kicked Neale in the neck and got a free kick for it, the other where he grabbed Sutcliffe by the neck and got a free kick for it.
Sandilands having his arms chopped in the square in a marking contest, but no free given
Poor not 15 metre kicks calls by the umpire, but shorter kicks by Geelong within seconds go ignored.
Dawson getting grabbed and receiving no free kick, but the slightest contact results in a free kick against.

This was the worse umpiring display in years. It was so one sided that it was laughable.
It was so one sided that the integrity of the umpires and the Geelong players who benefitted from the calls come into question. I reckon it was worth 5 goals.

To stop spuds like Dawson continually holding on to Hawkins at every contest, etc.

You're upset about losing, I get it. Perhaps you focus more of your anger towards poster-pavlich and Mayne. He had a shot to win the game and blew it after all.
Cause Sandi, Fyfe and Pav were never held at all :rolleyes:
Learn the players names before you criticise them.

Geelong had more touches and more tackles, first to the ball all night. Of course they're gonna get more free kicks.
I'm not really here to argue with Geelong... it was a great game of footy tbh. but just to counter this specific argument:

In Rnd 16 we monstered the Dees and lost the free kick count http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/16/melb-v-fre
In Rnd 17 we slaughtered GWS and lost the free kick count http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/17/fre-v-gws
IN Rnd 15 we beat west coast in a close game but slaughtered in free kick count http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/19/fre-v-carl#/round/CD_R201401415
in rnd 13 we comfortably beat the tigers and comfortably lost the free kick count http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/13/rich-v-fre

I mean we just get propped over a barrel every week. And it's not even like Crowley gives away that many!

Pavlich and Sandi in our forward line especially it is as though there is a different set of rules for what constitutes a reasonable contest. Highly frustrating.

Go through and list all of Geelong's free kicks and state which ones weren't there. Go on.
aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.png

That's fair enough. But who was stopping Taylor making sweet sweet love to Sandilands in a marking contest at the other end of the ground?

Well that just highlights the consistency issue with umpiring doesn't it. Dawson has a nasty habit of this though, and NEVER gets pinged for it. There's no game in recent memory where Dawson has not got away with constant over the shoulder infringements and holding onto Hawkins all bloody match.

Well that just highlights the consistency issue with umpiring doesn't it. Dawson has a nasty habit of this though, and NEVER gets pinged for it. There's no game in recent memory where Dawson has not got away with constant over the shoulder infringements and holding onto Hawkins all bloody match.
Dawson gave away 3 free kicks in the match. I'm certain all were to Hawkins.

Go through and list all of Geelong's free kicks and state which ones weren't there. Go on.
I said your post was stupid, which it was. Geelong weren't first to the ball all night. They lost the clearances by more than 20 and lost in contested possession too. I don't have time to go through all the mistakes the umpires made and you well know that. The objective supporters on BF have had their say about the umpiring which was diabolical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back