Geelong v Fremantle, Rnd 19 2014 @ Simonds Stadium 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is your team got free kicks for those, ours did not.

I can remember some instances where those sorts of free's were paid, so you are wrong.

I'd like to see how many of these free's ended up with a goal for both teams. I suspect we'd come out about even there, with maybe Geelong 1-2 ahead.

Geelong played better and won, get over it.

I can remember some instances where those sorts of free's were paid, so you are wrong.

I'd like to see how many of these free's ended up with a goal for both teams. I suspect we'd come out about even there, with maybe Geelong 1-2 ahead.

Bullshit, and you know it.

Great result. Only thing better than seeing the purples lose by ten goals is seeing them lose by 2 points! Hurts more when it's so close. Well done Cats.

Loving the tears. Don't even remember any howlingly bad free kicks? Play the bloody ball, don't hit someone over the head and you shouldn't give away 30+ free kicks... Geelong had more touches and more tackles, first to the ball all night. Of course they're gonna get more free kicks.

First to the ball yet more tackles? :confused:

Looking forward to seeing that happen in September.

First three quarters Freo were doing the same cheap shots off the ball, hoping to put us off our game, because that's worked most of the time for the last five years. But tonight the umps were onto it, actually pinging Freo for that dirty sniping s**t which we haven't seen before, and Geelonge had learned not to get sucked in. Took Freo until 3/4 time to realize they could only win by playing footy, but by then it was almost too late. Start playing honest footy and, surprise surprise, the frees against dried up and they started kicking goals.

Gee, it's funny how there can be two such diametrically opposed views of the same match/umpiring o_O:rolleyes:

Most neutrals + Freo fans vs occasional neutral/Freo hater + Cat fans

Great result. Only thing better than seeing the purples lose by ten goals is seeing them lose by 2 points! Hurts more when it's so close. Well done Cats.
Oh gee, a west coast feebles troll. Good that the Cats managed it coz your lot of mediocres must've forgotten the last time they sung their song when there was a purple jumper on the ground. What a tosser!

This was the worse umpiring display in years. It was so one sided that it was laughable.

Yeah pretty poor umpiring. Did you see the one where Dawson had both arms round Hawkins neck, no free? How about when Crowley blatently pushed Johnson in the back and Freo were awarded the mark? How about Sandilands fending off a Geelong player in the face then taking on two Geelong tackles and being caught but awarded a free kick because the umpire ridiculously ruled that Rivers landed on his back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what fascinates me about Geelong fans, when you see them off in a distance you don't think much about them. But I just got back from the game in some great seats in the Brownlow Stand and the mindset of Geelong fans is...well delusional. I was going from them all night and thankfully that kick after the siren paid for my ticket with a nice little multi, but my goodness anyone with any sort of impartiality could tell Freo would getting a rough deal there, anything 50/50 went Geelong's way but not the other. Geelong fans at Kardinia Park have a thought process that is unlike anything I have ever seen before, that they believe they have a divine right to win and anything that gets in their way is supposedly unfair or dirty, it was a little disheartening to see. Anyone claiming Freo were trying to rough up Geelong needed to be there and see for the entire game it was always going both ways, Geelong were just as if not more dirty. Well done Cats, it was a good game to see, and I do believe that they just did enough to deserve the win. But my word Geelong fans are off with the fairies.

This is what fascinates me about Geelong fans, when you see them off in a distance you don't think much about them. But I just got back from the game in some great seats in the Brownlow Stand and the mindset of Geelong fans is...well delusional. I was going from them all night and thankfully that kick after the siren paid for my ticket with a nice little multi, but my goodness anyone with any sort of impartiality could tell Freo would getting a rough deal there, anything 50/50 went Geelong's way but not the other. Geelong fans at Kardinia Park have a thought process that is unlike anything I have ever seen before, that they believe they have a divine right to win and anything that gets in their way is supposedly unfair or dirty, it was a little disheartening to see. Anyone claiming Freo were trying to rough up Geelong needed to be there and see for the entire game it was always going both ways, Geelong were just as if not more dirty. Well done Cats, it was a good game to see, and I do believe that they just did enough to deserve the win. But my word Geelong fans are off with the fairies.

Post of the night :thumbsu:

Been to many games where I've seen opposition fans do the same things.

Mainly collingwood and hawthorn.

I've never been to that little backwater but, on tv, the crowd looks a similar demographic to the WCE supporters but a bit more white and bumpkinish.

You've just described WC Eagles supporters at Subi.

Do they take a cushion to sit on, a thermos, a blanket for their knees and share sandwiches a half time?.

First three quarters Freo were doing the same cheap shots off the ball, hoping to put us off our game, because that's worked most of the time for the last five years. But tonight the umps were onto it, actually pinging Freo for that dirty sniping s**t which we haven't seen before, and Geelonge had learned not to get sucked in. Took Freo until 3/4 time to realize they could only win by playing footy, but by then it was almost too late. Start playing honest footy and, surprise surprise, the frees against dried up and they started kicking goals.

Jesus Christ. What a steaming pile of horse s**t that is

You guys are no better off

Hawks destroy you all the time, will happen again next week.
We haven't played them at home since 2010 iirc

Even if we do finish fourth I'm looking forward to beating you ducking campaigners in the prelim and surpassing you in three consecutive finals series.

Even if we do finish fourth I'm looking forward to beating you ducking campaigners in the prelim and surpassing you in three consecutive finals series.

And where have you gone in those finals series? Choking a GF?

Yeah sick bro.

Jesus Christ. What a steaming pile of horse s**t that is

No intelligent rebuttal, because you know I'm right. Freo are a dirty team, who have had success against Geelong in the past by sniping off the ball to get under our skin. Didn't work tonight because both we and the umps were awake to it, and you could not formulate a Plan B until it was nearly too late.

Ok you purple flog. You guys are no threat to the flag this year, and never will be under Ross Lyon.

I've seen 3 flags, if you's are to good come finals again for us then so be it, but for now, cop the loss sweet, was great to get a nice close win over the freo shockers.

And we don't duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back