Autopsy Geelong vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaving Priddis unmanned and letting him rack up 40 possessions is a win for Freo.
Yep, I think this is the strategy we should go for. I don't think our mids will leave the ball alone long enough for Priddis to rack up that many though. Maybe we should put Fyfe on Priddis, so that the delusional wc supporters get to see who's actually the better player.

Yep, I think this is the strategy we should go for. I don't think our mids will leave the ball alone long enough for Priddis to rack up that many though. Maybe we should put Fyfe on Priddis, so that the delusional wc supporters get to see who's actually the better player.

If they don't know by now then they never will.

I rate Priddis though, he is a work horse, quite similar to Barlow - good at the in and under stuff, average kick, racks up the touches without you even realising. Only problem for Priddis is that all his work is for nothing as he has no class around him to give the footy to unlike Barlow who has Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Pearce etc...

No, no, no, the RSPCA won't allow a poodle to be mistreated like that.

The plan is to take the speed of Taberner and the brute strength and size of Hannath, and combine them as the TABERNATH. I think it needs a touch of Ballantyne as well personally. I give you the Taballanath.
Sounds spiritual. Freo fans everywhere can be seen prostrating themselves at the foot of the Taballanath as they pray to the gods Pavlich and Fyfe.

Hello darkness my old friend.

I sang that in my head... :)

Sounds spiritual. Freo fans everywhere can be seen prostrating themselves at the foot of the Taballanath as they pray to the gods Pavlich and Fyfe.

I sang that in my head... :)

First thing I thought of when he said the silence of the crowd at 3/4 time at Kardinya.
You've blown your age cover now.
But it wasn't silent down at Kardinya, Fred. The "Freeeoooooo" chant rang loud and clear all day!

I could hear the Freo chant loud and clear on TV.
Seppo and the gang did us proud.

Walking around the stadium at three-quarter time and hearing virtual silence. I am of the belief that the Geelong fans feel they are entitled to win every game and it's great to smack that sense of entitlement out of them. The sound of silence was beautiful.
I had the enormous pleasure of sitting in the Geelong members. I still have a ringing in my ears from the crickets after half time.
Other than the obligatory umpire abuse they had NOTHING to say :):):)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game.

Great to see Tabs back in the lineup. Really excited to see how he goes this year. If he can step up on some of those late season performances last year it will do wonders for Pav also.

One little example of the difference a tall guy like Tabs (197cm) makes is the Pearce goal in the third where it was a contested ball over a pack and Tabs reached up and tapped it over to the side where we had a few free players which lead to a handball exchange and the Pearce goal. Tabs only just got to the ball courtesy of having a height advantage. Someone like Mayne would not have been able to reach it. It won´t go down as a stat, but it was a direct goal assist out of nothing.

Not too concerned about having Ballas out. Has been down on form and we should get better output from whoever replaces him (Croz or Mzungu).

Can´t believe they didn´t tag Hill again.

Looks like we were using Pav and Tabs to play a bit of decoy footy, getting them to drag defenders out and getting our mids to push hard back into the spaces, particularly Barlow and Fyfe.

If they don't know by now then they never will.

I rate Priddis though, he is a work horse, quite similar to Barlow - good at the in and under stuff, average kick, racks up the touches without you even realising. Only problem for Priddis is that all his work is for nothing as he has no class around him to give the footy to unlike Barlow who has Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Pearce etc...
As a oppo supporter I really rate him as well:).

Given the common consensus at WC that Notacluey is the greatest footballer to have ever lived, I won't hold my breath on waiting for them to recognise Priddy isn't even in the same universe as Fyfe.
But, but, but Priddis has a Brownlow.

Missed the game and waiting for my data to recharge before i stream it on the smartreplay app... how was Suban? Is he ripe for the dropping this week?

Any other notable performers/under performers not already mentioned?

Missed the game and waiting for my data to recharge before i stream it on the smartreplay app... how was Suban? Is he ripe for the dropping this week?

Any other notable performers/under performers not already mentioned?
Suban actually had a serviceable game on Sunday - plenty of tough inside work and disposals out of congestion (usually in the right direction, if not directly to a team mate). Didn't give away any HTB frees. I reckon he'll hold his place. Makes it hard to fit the contenders in, although with Ballas out there is one spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back