Official Team Thread Geelong Wolves - WHERE THE STARS COME TO PLAY

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast Wonders : 12.11.83
Geelong Wolves : 11.5.71

My 99th game for the club was not a particularly good one in disgusting muddy conditions. We started well enough and took a lead into 1/4 time but allowed the bottom side of the competition to kick 6 goals to 3 in the second term to take control of the game and while we challenged we could never hit the lead to push onto victory. We eventually went down by 12 points and with that, our S19 finals aspirations.

Conditions were not conducive to high Sim stats and voting for club awards will be difficult...in fact our highest DT score was 65 which happened to be a game high also by yyou.

Stats were hard to come by with only 9 players reaching double figures. I will name those players as it won't take long...@Cooksen had 10, yyou had 15, TurtleMaster had 12, Spanna65 had 13, peterss collected 14, manboob got 10, Hatchy1992 had 15, SM had 15 and Tayl0r had 14.

The most disappointing part was as a collective group in muddy conditions we only had 11 tackles.

WOLF OF THE WEEK - yyou (Game high 65DT points, equal team high 15 touches and 2 goals).

Its a hollow feeling writing this at the minute as my 100th game for the club next week will be my final game as skipper. I have decided after 3 seasons in charge its time for the club to be lead by new voices to try and take us to the next level. I have always tried to put a succession plan in place since day dot and finally we have candidates who are firstly still involved and committed and secondly, players that I feel can help us reach great heights.

My goal was to have the club in a better position "Off" the field than when I began the Captaincy and I am well pleased with how we sit as far as a club is concerned. Many who were there will remember how we looked at the early stages of S17.

We have some fantastic loyal players amongst our group, and we have some outstanding rookies who are our next tier of leaders. I look forward to assisting in the development of this with our new leaders.

Don't be alarmed by this news as I will be staying with the club. Far to much work has gone into this club to leave it at a point when I see big things occurring. In fact very soon I can announce we have signed 2 very high profile players within the SFA, 2 players that I have tried to sign for several seasons and finally the persistence has paid off and we are possibly close to a 3rd, something which the club should be extremely excited and proud about.

Soon I will announce the new leaders of the club to take us into S20 and I know they will be a popular choice and will lead our club with honour and dignity for seasons to come.

Lets get around each other and enjoy the remaining moments of S19. We still have a game to play next week and we have our club Best & Fairest and believe me, this count will be a close one as the Leadership Group have been doing the votes after each round.

Appreciate the support I have had not just from within the club but around the SFA...and as always my PM box is open.

Cheers
ABH

My 99th game for the club was not a particularly good one in disgusting muddy conditions. We started well enough and took a lead into 1/4 time but allowed the bottom side of the competition to kick 6 goals to 3 in the second term to take control of the game and while we challenged we could never hit the lead to push onto victory. We eventually went down by 12 points and with that, our S19 finals aspirations.

Conditions were not conducive to high Sim stats and voting for club awards will be difficult...in fact our highest DT score was 65 which happened to be a game high also by yyou.

Stats were hard to come by with only 9 players reaching double figures. I will name those players as it won't take long...@Cooksen had 10, yyou had 15, TurtleMaster had 12, Spanna65 had 13, peterss collected 14, manboob got 10, Hatchy1992 had 15, SM had 15 and Tayl0r had 14.

The most disappointing part was as a collective group in muddy conditions we only had 11 tackles.

WOLF OF THE WEEK - yyou (Game high 65DT points, equal team high 15 touches and 2 goals).

Its a hollow feeling writing this at the minute as my 100th game for the club next week will be my final game as skipper. I have decided after 3 seasons in charge its time for the club to be lead by new voices to try and take us to the next level. I have always tried to put a succession plan in place since day dot and finally we have candidates who are firstly still involved and committed and secondly, players that I feel can help us reach great heights.

My goal was to have the club in a better position "Off" the field than when I began the Captaincy and I am well pleased with how we sit as far as a club is concerned. Many who were there will remember how we looked at the early stages of S17.

We have some fantastic loyal players amongst our group, and we have some outstanding rookies who are our next tier of leaders. I look forward to assisting in the development of this with our new leaders.

Don't be alarmed by this news as I will be staying with the club. Far to much work has gone into this club to leave it at a point when I see big things occurring. In fact very soon I can announce we have signed 2 very high profile players within the SFA, 2 players that I have tried to sign for several seasons and finally the persistence has paid off and we are possibly close to a 3rd, something which the club should be extremely excited and proud about.

Soon I will announce the new leaders of the club to take us into S20 and I know they will be a popular choice and will lead our club with honour and dignity for seasons to come.

Lets get around each other and enjoy the remaining moments of S19. We still have a game to play next week and we have our club Best & Fairest and believe me, this count will be a close one as the Leadership Group have been doing the votes after each round.

Appreciate the support I have had not just from within the club but around the SFA...and as always my PM box is open.

Cheers
ABH
Disappointing result, sorry I couldn't be there for it ABH. You've been a fantastic skipper and have ruthlessly lead us through the good times and bad and I wouldn't have it any other way. Good going skip, its sad to see you resign.

Disappointing result, sorry I couldn't be there for it ABH. You've been a fantastic skipper and have ruthlessly lead us through the good times and bad and I wouldn't have it any other way. Good going skip, its sad to see you resign.

Just stepping back and helping others take us to greater heights mate.

Appreciate yours and many others who have supported me and the club to help us get this far Off the field. Keep up the good work!

Cheers
ABH
ABH you have have been a fantastic leader
Horrible result this week & it irks me that my 2 Wolf of the a Week awards have been after losses,
Let's get around our great leader & have a great game next weekend

Don't want to be selfish but kick it to ME !!!!

GOALS
Rank Total Average Player
1: 57 4.1 DREAM TEAM (WOL)
2: 55 3.9 STRONZO (CIW)
3: 53 3.8 QUIVORIR (LVB)
4: 53 3.8 COONEY (DEM)
5: 52 3.7 CLARKEM (WON)

GOALS

We have been all year buddy and it ain't gonna change now.

Just kick it straight!!

Behinds
1: 30 2.3 DREAM TEAM (WOL)
2: 27 2.1 COONEY (DEM)
3: 27 2.1 FRED (ROY)
4: 24 1.8 JUGGALO BA (GCR)
5: 23 1.8 QUIVORIR (LVB)
6: 22 1.7 OKEYDOKE7 (HAW)

:p:p

GOALS
Look if I actually get near the ball this week I will do my best to get it to you!

Cheers
ABH
I would just like to publicly say thanks ABH for all you have done here, while I've only been here 1 season I can honestly say I think you are a gun and the work you do behind the scenes probably goes unnoticed or unappreciated by a few.

Glad you are staying around, with the shackles released pressure wise hopefully you can have a ball next season, with 2 big signings in the wings everything looks to be coming up Milhouse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

m8guww.png

This weeks match will be my 100th for this great club and with that an induction into our 100 Club. It has been quite the journey having been involved with BF for many years without knowing anything about the SFA before joining during S14...to being a playing member of our first and only Premiership in S16 to then leading the club into S17 and S18 Finals campaigns. It has not been without its controversies. The replacing of peterss as skipper to the rebranding to the Uncle_Leo Captaincy Challenge. These have all been controversial stages of my career but done always with the clubs best interests at heart.

Its an honour to be amongst the current club 100 Gamers and hopefully soon many of you will join this list of players.

Lets enjoy the occasion both in the match thread against our old rivals The Furies and during the game.

Thanks for your continued loyalty and support.

Cheers
ABH

m8guww.png

This weeks match will be my 100th for this great club and with that an induction into our 100 Club. It has been quite the journey having been involved with BF for many years without knowing anything about the SFA before joining during S14...to being a playing member of our first and only Premiership in S16 to then leading the club into S17 and S18 Finals campaigns. It has not been without its controversies. The replacing of peterss as skipper to the rebranding to the Uncle_Leo Captaincy Challenge. These have all been controversial stages of my career but done always with the clubs best interests at heart.

Its an honour to be amongst the current club 100 Gamers and hopefully soon many of you will join this list of players.

Lets enjoy the occasion both in the match thread against our old rivals The Furies and during the game.

Thanks for your continued loyalty and support.

Cheers
ABH
Game 100 and last game as captain.... play yourself on the ball this week mate and drop me back to a flank or wherever

Game 100 and last game as captain.... play yourself on the ball this week mate and drop me back to a flank or wherever

Appreciate the thought mate but I wont do that as its tight at the top for personal honours and I don't won't to hinder yours or anybody else's chances

Appreciate the thought mate but I wont do that as its tight at the top for personal honours and I don't won't to hinder yours or anybody else's chances
I touched the ball 3 times last week...
I am doing a good enough job of hindering myself so I insist

Hey Wolf Pack.

With the season nearing the end a couple of housekeeping things to bring to your attention to assist in the Best & Fairest night.

The following awards will be presented and I will need your input on a couple of them.

Best 1st Year Player - Voted on by the Leadership Group.
Most Improved Player - Voted by the Leadership Group.
The Winty2ninty Medal - Leading Goalkicker Award
The StFly Medal - Given to the Best Clubman as voted by all players in a 3-2-1 system. Based on who you think contributes most to the club in making it the great place it is.
Wolves Players Player of the YEAR - Voted by all Players on a 3-2-1 Sim Stats basis.

Then the big one The B&F - Best & Fairest Player voted on by the Leadership Group. This is based on Posting and Sim Stats.

I will need the input for StFly Medal and Players Player OTY -

To help you I will be providing each players finAL SIM Stats as I have done throughout the season.

I will then PM each of you with what is required and a deadline to have the votes in.

Your prompt responses will help immensely.

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back