Official Team Thread Geelong Wolves S20 - B&F Monday 14th December

Remove this Banner Ad

That's easy done. Well with mine it was anyway... she left.:p

My wife is notoriuos for speaking during football, movies, anything thats on TV and I regularly tell the story amongst friends of when my then 4 year old son and we were watching a kiddie movie.

My wife was living up to her reputation and my son calmly said "Mum, can you shut it please as Im trying to watch the movie"

Well my wife looked at me and I at her and we both burst out laughing.

My wife is notoriuos for speaking during football, movies, anything thats on TV and I regularly tell the story amongst friends of when my then 4 year old son and we were watching a kiddie movie.

My wife was living up to her reputation and my son calmly said "Mum, can you shut it please as Im trying to watch the movie"

Well my wife looked at me and I at her and we both burst out laughing.
At my house it didn't matter where the TV was positioned, someone would always find a way to stand directly in front of the damn thing.

I usually get lucky when my team loses.

...So, its sort of lucky I support Brisbane... :(
As in get lucky
nudge-nudge.jpg

Or SFA lucky?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong Wolves 9.7 61
Gold City Royals 19.8 122

It was a tough first week back, losing to the Royals who doubled our score. While the match started as well as could be hoped, with Willo_ booting our first major, it proved to be a false dawn, with the Royals kicking 6 of the next 7 to round out the quarter, the only other goal of the quarter for the Wolves being kicked by Wolves' debutant akkaps.

We started the second quarter intent on fighting our way back into the match, as Spanna65 got us off the mark inside the first minute, but much like the first quarter, we couldn't continue the intensity that we'd started the quarter with. We trailed by 24 points at the main break, but not without strong efforts from the midfield to keep us in the contest. Beng got one back just before the siren, and it proved a turning point of sorts.

We started the third with three scoring shots in a row, with debutant KangaFan35 hitting the scoreboard with a minor, before TurtleBots and Bucketss contributed with majors. We had the margin back to 11 points, but sadly that was the closest it got, as the Royals proceeded to blow the result out over the ensuing quarter and a half.

There were lessons learned this week. Hard lessons. Complacency on game day can't continue, and when we get our chances next week we must grab them with both hands and throttle the life out of the Swamprats.

Standouts on the field were SM with 23 disposals and a goal, as well as 3 tackles; Akkaps, with a huge 24 disposals, 4 marks, and 2 goals on debut; Nakia who also had a strong debut with 20 disposals and 7 marks; and Hatchy1992 with 9 hit outs, 18 disposals, and 3 tackles.

The Wolf of Round 1, with an impressive debut, is akkaps! Keep up the form buddy, and let's give you recruits the Powerade shower you all deserve next week! Impressive work from all of you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back