Official Team Thread Geelong Wolves S20 - B&F Monday 14th December

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong Wolves weekly player interview with yyou

This week we are joined by our fan favourite and goal sneek yyou who added to his goal tally for the season with 3 majors last night.

G'day YYou, how've you enjoyed the start of your second season on the list?

Yyou: 2 losses so bloody pissed off, but loving the team & reckon that we will build for a massive year. kind of like the Macarena was massive. first time I ever did the Macarena was in a youth hostel in Florence with a class of schoolgirls aged about 16 as their teacher watched. second time was in a Roman nightclube with a Nigerian prostitute who kept telling me she was Brazilian, but she couldn't understand my Brazilian pick up lines & the bar owner clued me up.

This week saw a huge match thread between the two sides, did you anticipate that at the start of the week?

Yyou: who could? that was massive & if we had won it would have been my favourite match, but we lost, so I feel like Joanie when Chachi went away.

Amongst it all, what was your favourite post from a team mate?

Yyou: nothing comes close to the news Tayl0r gave us this week.
we had some great posts & I was enthralled for all of the pages. Tom Stoppard would have been envious of the work of our team IMO

And on that topic, what post from the opposition did you think was the most poorly thought out?

Yyou: I didn't hate all of their posts & off field I can admit that, but I didn't enjoy being referred to as vermin by I Dont Care on page 57, post 1402 I think when he referred to us as vermin. Us?!!!!!!
this from a rat?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was equivalent to a close talker confronting a low talker about double dipping with man hands (& here is one of my own) who is a sentence finisher (you know what I mean)

How did you rate your performance this week, reckon you got a few decent one-liners in?

Yyou: as a little "spirit" I'm not one for big things, so my posts are often brief (I once left a job with a speech that went "Brevity rocks" (true story)
not my best work this week & I was more ball orientated as opposed to the man as the oppo were going that way. that doesn't suit me. I'm a bad little boy :D
as for the game, I did ok, but I kicked 2 posters in my 3 goals 3. Loooooove being a forward, & sorry for going missing as I took Jnr to Etihad

All the best Yyou! Your teammates always love hearing from you and we hope you continue a cracking second season, and I'm sure I can say for everyone that we hope to see you add to your tally for the year.

17v52e.png
Round3Wolves.png
Well...Strike three...But this isnt Baseball, f**k that sport, this is Qooty! And theres still 13 games to go for us to make a run at our rightful premiership! So lets get the messy stuff out of the way early and get back on the win express!

Ever reliable ruck Hatchy1992 shared the ruck duties with TurtleBots this match, with both recording 9 and 7 hitouts respectively. They did their best to feed us the ball in a game where we got smashed in the middle.

Disposal wise we were down a bit from last week. A move of A Bit High into the guts proved a great decision though, as he went on to record 34 touches, made of 12 kicks and 21 handballs. He was assisted by the ever reliable SM and Willo_ with 25 and 28 touches each. akkaps also recorded 26 while Beng continued his midfield apprenticeship with 19.

In the mark zone, Akkaps let the way with 8 for the game, A Bit High clunking 7 and yyou getting 6. akkaps leads the club with 20 for the season, averaging almost 7 a game.

Tackles was lead by SM and Beng, both collecting 8 each, double the nearest in Willo who finished with 4. Sm leads the club with 20, beng not far behind on 17.

Frees against and someone clearly bribed the umps before the match, as Beng collected 9 freebies and 2 against. It brings his tally to 12 for the season, or 4 a match average. SM as also gotten his fair share with 9 so far. Frees against were fairly spread out. Spanna65 and Jeremias lead the season for most against with just 4 each.

Goals, always a good indication of where we fell behind, were well short this week. Just 8 for the amtch. DREAM TEAM BUFF was a focus for our opponents and they kept him to just a single goal and 2 behinds. Rookie KangaFan35 in just his third match registered a solid return of 4 goals and 2 behinds from his 6 shots, showing great promise for the future.

Dreamteam points were lead by A Bit High in his massive possession match, finishing with 108. It brings him fractionally closer to SM, but still a ways off leading the club. SM has 281 for the season, averaging 94 in a great start to the season. Gun recruit Akkaps is sitting on 269, followed by Hatchy on 237 and Beng on 234.

Next week we play a team we'll beat! I hope. Yeah. Go Wolves!

Geelong Wolves 9.10 64
Fighting Furies 16.19 115

Well.. not pulling any punches, this was an absolute shelacking, and we'll need to find some form fast to get our Finals push back on track. 2.5 in the first quarter was the tale of the day, as inaccuracy cost us early. KangaFan35 had a great day out in front of goal and that was started with a major in the first quarter, but only Bucketss joined in with a major, with our other score involvements for the quarter being minors.

manboob, in his first game for the season, stepped up in the second, along with Beng and KangaFan35, who got his second, and we did manage to hold the Furies at bay as a result, trailing by only 15 at the long break, keeping our hopes alive for the match.

In the third, we let them kick four in a row, which effectively ended the contest, and despite back-to-back goals for KangaFan35 and TurtleBots, the Furies were out to a 50 point lead by the end of the quarter.

The final quarter was much of the same, despite starting brightly with the first two goals, the Furies were able to stroll to a comfortable victory. We can console ourselves in not giving them a 10-goal win, but there wasn't much more to be proud of in a disappointing display in Hawthorn United's 50th.

Stats wise, the ex-Skipper led the way, A Bit High had 34 disposals on his return to midfield, 7 marks and 1 tackle; SM had 25, with a massive 8 tackles; Beng was dependable as always with 19 disposals, and 8 tackles of his own; Willo_ racked it up as well with 28 disposals, 4 marks and 4 tackles; and akkaps continued his fine early season form with 26 disposals and 8 marks.

The Wolf of the Week is undoubtedly A Bit High! Congratulations. :)

Manboob needs to comeback from preseason fitter. BMI of 39 not good enough gotta get it above that magic 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Match thread review with Hatchy1992

Rnd 3 v Fighting Furies @ The Lair

I must say, the hardest thing about reviewing the weekly thread is knowing where to start. In a thread like that one it is a notoriously difficult task, but an enjoyable one at that.

Skimming through the thread, you could be mistaken for thinking we were going on the same track as the week before, only this time we weren't. At times I have found myself skimming through last weeks thread too, to see if there were any similarities. The only similarity was the pace of the thread, which is always enjoyable.

Throughout the week, there was much banter thrown around, cheap shots ranging from comparisons to average cricket players to sexual innuendos - what else do you expect in a Wolves and Furies thread though? There was the odd disturbance from unwanted Vermin attempting to bring our enjoyable thread down a knotch, though they were quickly shut down.

Then of course we have the inevitable but unwanted cricket discussion, isn't that right Willo_ and This Is Anfield ;)

I recall an attempt at trading This Is Anfield in exchange for Nakia by Furies captain Wacky Tiger - I'm gonna keep an eye on developments on that one.

There was a discussion on everyones ages, though I assume we all know who won that discussion? yyou turned up with his usual delightful antics.
And we saw a return of the manboob

Posting wise we were led well by the usual suspects. Double figures were reached by Beng akkaps A Bit High Tayl0r SM Willo_ yyou DREAM TEAM BUFF and myself. Beng has even managed to crack the ton in consecutive weeks. According to the posting stats in front of me, we managed to post 55% of the entire thread. Top effort by the Wolf Pack.

Thanks to Wacky Tiger This Is Anfield tigland and the rest of the Furies crew for an enjoyable week. Good luck for the remainder of the season and see you guys again in the finals!:thumbsu:

Next week we welcome SSwans2011 and the Wonders.

This week we were joined by Hawthorn United to celebrate his 50th game!

Congratulations on the milestone Hawthorn United! How does it feel 50 games into your career with the Wolves?

HU: Good feeling to notch the first of many milestones with the club.

Unfortunately we couldn't celebrate your miletsone with a win, what was the most frustrating element of the game for you?

HU: That we were never in it.

From an off-field perspective, what caught your eye in the match thread? What made you laugh?

HU: Sexual innuendo never fails a good chuckle.

We're 0-3 and up against it a bit, do you think we're still able to play Finals?

HU: I'm not giving up hope yet. We have to believe otherwise we will pack it in like Essendon

How have you rated your start to the season so far?

HU: I've been poor on and off the field. Hopefully I can turn things around and drive our season form upwards too.

Who do you think has been the recruit of the season so far for the Wolves?

HU: I'm going to sit on the fence and say it's a tight race atm, I can't name one.

Thanks for joining us mate! All the best for the rest of the season, and congratulations again on the milestone.

]

Then of course we have the inevitable but unwanted cricket discussion, isn't that right Willo_ and This Is Anfield ;)

I recall an attempt at trading This Is Anfield in exchange for Nakia by Furies captain Wacky Tiger - I'm gonna keep an eye on developments on that one.

There was a discussion on everyones ages, though I assume we all know who won that discussion? yyou turned up with his usual delightful antics.
And we saw a return of the manboob

Posting wise we were led well by the usual suspects. Double figures were reached by Beng akkaps A Bit High Tayl0r SM Willo_ yyou DREAM TEAM BUFF and myself. Beng has even managed to crack the ton in consecutive weeks. According to the posting stats in front of me, we managed to post 55% of the entire thread. Top effort by the Wolf Pack.

Thanks to Wacky Tiger This Is Anfield tigland and the rest of the Furies crew for an enjoyable week. Good luck for the remainder of the season and see you guys again in the finals!:thumbsu:

Next week we welcome SSwans2011 and the Wonders.
Stuart Broad & Joe Root say hello...
_84867111_stuart_broad_joe_root_getty.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back