Official Team Thread Geelong Wolves S20 - B&F Monday 14th December

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to have you back GETSOMENUTS

563730.gif

Hi I'm Willo... otherwise know as 'the future'

:D

More like "The Present" since you're destroying the comp this season, on and off field. That and you like to dress up as a Christmas Presant and demand Tayl0r upwrap you....

More like "The Present" since you're destroying the comp this season, on and off field. That and you like to dress up as a Christmas Presant and demand Tayl0r upwrap you....
I only wrap up one part of me with a big red bow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back GETSOMENUTS! Good to see your on top of everything again mate!

Looking forward to seeing you back in the thick of everything again when you feel your ready:)

Geelong Wolves 19.12 126
West Coast Wonders 22.10 142

How many more weeks do we have to put up with this s**t? Week after week the Wolves get into a great position to put a game away and get the 4 points on the board, but somehow let the game slip from our grasp in the final quarter. The wins will start coming soon, I have no doubt, but we need to lift.

The first quarter was some of the most breath-taking qooty I have been a part of, with no fewer than 15 goals kicked between the two sides, in what must surely run close to being the highest scoring first quarter in the SFA. Goals to yyou, akkaps, DREAM TEAM BUFF, SM, KangaFan35, Tayl0r and Beng meant that we led by 12 points at the first change.

The second quarter started well, with the Wolves kicking four of the first five goals, stretching our lead to 20 points for the quarter. Inaccuracy, whilst an issue, didn't seem to be costing us at this point.

In the third quarter, the warning signs started to rear their heads as the Wonders made their way back into the game courtesy of goals to Daniell812, Beer n Skittles, Wooljay, and Craffles, which meant that our lead was reduced to only 16 points at the final change, with Kangafan35 slotting one after the siren. We knew that from there, it would be a tough battle to get over the line, but one that we were confident we could overcome.

Four successive goals to the Wonders gave them the lead for the first time since the first quarter, and whilst Willo_, Akkaps and Dream Team Buff tried their hardest, our inaccuracy came back to haunt us as the Wonders managed to hold on and win by 16.

There were several standouts for the Wolves in a high possession game, with SM leading the way with 33 disposals, 9 tackles, and a goal; Hatchy1992 joined his co-captain with a strong display with 25 disposals, 20 hit outs, 5 tackles and a goal; A Bit High made it a hat-trick of Wolves' captains having fine displays, with 26 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles and 2 goals; Akkaps continued his fine form with another strong display, managing 17 kicks amongst his 24 disposals, 3 tackles, and one goal; finally Dream Team Buff turned out another impressive display at full forward with 8 scoring shots from his 8 kicks, unfortunately only kicking 4.4, an inaccuracy that told the tale of the Wolves' afternoon.

This week's Wolf of the Week is co-captain SM!

Stupid game!
17v52e.png
WolvesRound4.png
Did I mention yet how stupid this game is? :( Guess the best way we can look at it is that its one game closer to a win...Whenever the hell that decides to be. Stupid game. ANYWHO.

First up hitouts, and captain Hatchy1992 spent the whole game this week in the ruck, collecting a huge 20 to absolute advantage. What. He did. Shutup. He also collected 25 touches, 5 tackles and a goal. Solid as always. Clocked in at 105 Dream Team points as well.

Disposals! It was the usual culprits here, with all the midfielders hitting their usual figures, with Beng lagging behind in what may be his last game in the midfield. akkaps had 17 kicks for the match, averaging 14 for the season and leading the club on 56. SM topped hitouts on 18, averaging 13 and leading with 52 overall. He also leads total disposals for the game and club, hitting 33, averaging 26.8 and totalling 107. Fantastic effort from the captain.

Marks this week were lead by Cooksen and yyou both clunking 7, closely followed by Shiv, TurtleBots , akkaps and Tayl0r in her move to the forwardline. Akkaps leads the way with 26 for the year.

Tackles were lead by SM who is also leading for the year, with 9 for the game and 29 total. Hatch1992 was next on 5.

In the umpires corner SM got the special treatment, picking up 5 freebies to bring himself to 14, equal with Beng for frees in the year. Akkaps was in the bad books with 3 paid against, keeping him in the lead with 6 for the year. We've had 71 frees and 61 frees against so far this year.

Goals! Spearhead DREAM TEAM BUFF lead from the front with 4, but also kicked 4 behinds for an accuracy of just 50%. @Kangafan34 kicked a fantastic 3 goals in his forward role. A Bit High, Bucketss and yyou each kicked 2 a piece. Tayl0r registered what may be her first goal ever with 1.

Dreamteam scores! SM monstered these, hitting 126 thanks to his disposals, goal and tackles. He also heads for the year with 407, averaging an impressive 102. A Bit High hit the ton as well as hatchy, getting 101 and 105 respectively. akkaps was not far behind on 94 and has a second place average of 91 for the club, a great return to the Qooty Arena.

So, next week we play my old stomping ground, the Bandits. Lets give them a good old bombing, yeah?

I know we just had a match thread, but just wanted to pop in here and tell you guys to keep on truckin'. Posting in an active, losing team (us last season), is much more fun than posting in an inactive, losing team (us in season 18), is all I can say. :p The wins will come, but remaining positive is up to you guys, and that's what makes the Sweet FA enjoyable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back