Official Team Thread Geelong Wolves S20 - B&F Monday 14th December

Remove this Banner Ad

Match thread review Rnd 8 v The East Side Hawks

Phew... what a week. This week had it all. As inactive as our opponents were I think it was a rather enjoyable thread, although at times it did feel like a team thread. As a matter of fact, the Hawks took an insane 45 posts before they had their presence known with the entry of Citroin

I think the most interesting thing of the Hawks presence was finding out they has UL at their disposal. Anyone remember him? Yeh... I didn't think so. Even he came and went without a whimper. As a matter of fact after he made his initial entry he wasn't seen until gameday. But all he did was create potshots at everyone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Typical UL.

Actually, one of the funniest things of the week was Harolad coming and taking a potshot at his brother, having the guts to call his brother an "idoit"

After that we had an essay competition between the admin Okey and our own Beng although I don't think any of us even bothered to read a word of any essays.

Skipping forward a few days I think was the best part of the week. We had a match that was posted where we were on track for our first win of the season, only for it to be conveniently taken down due to a "simming issue" As justice would have it we still managed to come away with our first win of the season. Wait. What did I just say? we won? HURAAAH!

He's our posting stats for anyone whose interested. Unfortunately this week no one managed to crack the ton but this wasn't really the week for that. Leading the way was akkaps with 83 posts, followed closely by Beng on 82. Rounding out the top 3 we had SM on 43. Although as usual we had a number of posters with a respectable tally and indeed cracking double digits. These posters being A Bit High Tayl0r myself, yyou and DREAM TEAM BUFF

Overall we managed to crack a whopping 72% of the thread with a total tally of 317 posts. Even in a down week it's good to see us dominating the thread posting.

Someone needed to remind me, jeez!

WE WON OUR FIRST GAME WTF WOO YEAH FINALS WOO!
Round8.png

280sw007883.gif

So yeah, which recap, Hatchy1992 dominated hitouts, akkaps got a foot injury from his 19 kicks (The injury was being awesome) Willo_ lead handballs and total disposals with 30, Marks led by A Bit High...Tackles lead by SM on 7, 47 for the year, Freebies lead by hatchy the teachers pet, frees against by ABH the teachers disappointment. Goals, 7 to DREAM TEAM BUFF! 27 for the season, could pull his finger out a smidge bit more, averaging 3.38 goals. He also got 3 behinds, for shame. Aaaaand willo won the DT race with 104, followed by akkaps on 100 with SM leading for the season.

WOO!

Thanks guys thanks for your kindness this week, the match thread was a great distraction after a difficult week.
Good Luck.

Always fun bantering with teams that are not 100% about spam, antagonising or just generally being one-argument dicks. A genuine pleasure as always Wooshy!

I just recorded my 5,000th career DT point, and my 6,000 career Exie point during this game.
Don't worry about the game against the Demons next week, I haven't lost to them since Round 4 of Season 16. That was way back early 2013.

This is a season for breaking records :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coney Island Warriors 10.10 70
Geelong Wolves 8.4 52

Well, what a kick in the teeth that is! After a fairly morale-boosting win last week in one co-captain's 50th, the other's 50th wasn't such a joyous occasion. Neck and neck throughout the game, we fell at the final hurdle, with only one goal in the final quarter killing any hope of getting on top of the opposition.

Hawthorn United got us under way with our only goal of the first quarter, but the fact we only trailed by 4 points at the first break tells the tale of the tight contest that was to come.

The second quarter was only slightly more eventful, with manboob and DREAM TEAM BUFF kicking our first two goals of the quarter to give us a slender lead, before the co-captains ended the quarter with a goal apiece to give us a one point lead heading in to half time.

Two goals to Willo_ in the third quarter were probably the highlight of the game, as we gave it our all to get in front by the final change, but a lack of ability to hit the scoreboard from any other direction left us with an uphill battle heading into the final quarter, despite only trailing by 3 points.

The writing was on the walls though, and despite GETSOMENUTS hitting the scoreboard, we were unable to take back the lead, slumping to yet another loss for the season. After the victory last week I'd hoped we'd be able to get some momentum behind us, but it remains to be seen next week if we can get back to winning ways in any significant shape or form!

It was a particularly poor game for players of both sides, with stats down across the board. akkaps led the way for the Wolves with 18 disposals, 6 marks, and 1 tackle; A Bit High also performed well with 14 disposals, 5 marks, and 3 tackles; Willo_ managed 13 disposals, 4 marks, and 2 goals from CHF; GETSOMENUTS also put in a strong performance with 14 disposals, 5 tackles, and a goal; while SM rounded out the list in his 50th with 15 disposals, 1 tackle and 1 goal.

The Wolf of the Week goes to Akkaps!! Well done. :)

Theres, er, still time for me to get Wolf of the Week...Right...? Maybe we should play me from the Bench and see if something miraculous happens :(

Why cant I just have one good game on field!

I must say it was a bit funny seeing Willo have a good game after swapping with you lol.

I must say it was a bit funny seeing Willo have a good game after swapping with you lol.
Good form is good form ;)

I was coming off back to back 30 possession games :D

Round 9 v Coney Island Warriors
33fe1b36102dbfc9e432801a3f99babd36b3d1acba7297599bfc5e333cb1083a.jpg

That's one way of describing the week that was. Going for a quick whiz through the thread it is apparent that there was a lot of hype surrounding the clash between our own Tayl0r and the Warriors Wooshy

Other then that I read through a bit of music discussion, a bit of Rebecca Black discussion - gees I haven't heard that name in a while. Other then that there was a fair bit of TV series discussion going back and forth. Did anyone know there was a second season of How to get away with Murder?

Unfortunately the Warriors went AWOL for long periods of time so for much of it, it was another team discussion thread. It was nice to see former Geelong resident BoshtrichBurger turn up too.

There was alot of hype surrounding our own MOTR with the battle for the spoon on the line.

Onto the posting stats for the round as I can't be bothered reading through the next 10 pages:p

Leading the thread for yet another week was... yep you guessed it... Beng with a total of 94. Followed by akkaps and A Bit High with 69 and 61 respectively. Rounding out the 4 was SM on 49.

Tayl0r cracked 40 posts followed by myself, DREAM TEAM BUFF and yyou who all cracked double digits. That makes a total of 8 who cracked double digits. Numbers down from previous weeks but still a respectable number.

All up we made a respectable 365 posts in the thread totalling 57.57% of the entire thread. All up we had 10 posters contribute. Good effort Wolves!

Thanks to BigJoeD_ and the Warriors for a fantasic week:thumbsu:

Congratulations to Co-Captain SM who just cracked his 50th game for this mighty Football club in the past week. Huge effort mate!:thumbsu:

We shall have an interview up tonight to celebrate it.

Round 9 v Coney Island Warriors
33fe1b36102dbfc9e432801a3f99babd36b3d1acba7297599bfc5e333cb1083a.jpg

That's one way of describing the week that was. Going for a quick whiz through the thread it is apparent that there was a lot of hype surrounding the clash between our own Tayl0r and the Warriors Wooshy

Other then that I read through a bit of music discussion, a bit of Rebecca Black discussion - gees I haven't heard that name in a while. Other then that there was a fair bit of TV series discussion going back and forth. Did anyone know there was a second season of How to get away with Murder?

Unfortunately the Warriors went AWOL for long periods of time so for much of it, it was another team discussion thread. It was nice to see former Geelong resident BoshtrichBurger turn up too.

There was alot of hype surrounding our own MOTR with the battle for the spoon on the line.

Onto the posting stats for the round as I can't be bothered reading through the next 10 pages:p

Leading the thread for yet another week was... yep you guessed it... Beng with a total of 94. Followed by akkaps and A Bit High with 69 and 61 respectively. Rounding out the 4 was SM on 49.

Tayl0r cracked 40 posts followed by myself, DREAM TEAM BUFF and yyou who all cracked double digits. That makes a total of 8 who cracked double digits. Numbers down from previous weeks but still a respectable number.

All up we made a respectable 365 posts in the thread totalling 57.57% of the entire thread. All up we had 10 posters contribute. Good effort Wolves!

Thanks to BigJoeD_ and the Warriors for a fantasic week:thumbsu:
100 posts for me in a quiet week..
just sayin' :rolleyes:

Plus Beng is now my new BFF :hearts:
Oh and Tayl0r don't forget our cocktails :rainbow:

100 posts for me in a quiet week..
just sayin' :rolleyes:

Plus Beng is now my new BFF :hearts:
Oh and Tayl0r don't forget our cocktails :rainbow:

You can come hang out with him every week here. :)

logo.png

Player Interview Rnd 9 v Coney Island Warriors:
Bought to you by Hatchy1992 this week featuring SM.

G'day SM, there's a few big topics to ask you about, but I'll start with a simple one: How do you think you've started on the field?

SM: On the field I think I've had as good a start as could be hoped for. My numbers were a bit down last year, so it's great to be averaging elite numbers in the midfield this year. I just wish I was contributing to a couple more wins!

It's your 50th game coming up, you've seen a number of changes over the years, how do you think your career has been overall?

SM:
I think I've had a pretty good career so far. A couple of finals appearances for the Wolves in my first few seasons, and now the chance to captain the club is an unbelievable honour. The fact that we've started off a bit slowly on the field this season has dampened that a bit though.

Having taken up the captaincy reigns with myself, how have you found the responsibility?

SM:
It's been tough, but in a good way. There's a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to keep the team ticking over each week, and it's good to have a hand in that and really feel like I'm contributing to the running of the club.

What changes are you hoping to see happen on and off the field?

SM: I'd obviously love us to get on a roll and win a couple more games. Since my time at the Wolves, the club has always been very competitive on the field, so to see the slump we're in at the moment is a bit hard to take. Off the field, it would be great to get a bit of a broader spread of contributors, as I know we have a couple of gems who could really contribute well in match threads, like Cooksen and Shiv

Off the field, who do you reckon look the best posting prospects for the club?

SM: Shiv is one who has shown a lot of promise behind the scenes and in the club thread, so it'd be great to see him a bit more often in the match threads!

Having seen a number of changes to the playing list for this season how do you think their starts have been?

SM:
Beng and akkaps have started brilliantly, and have brought great posting numbers to the match threads like we knew they would. Their form on the field has been good as well, and I'm sure Beng is just counting down the weeks until he gets a bag of goals!

Who do you think has had a stand out week this week? What was your highlight from them in the match thread?

SM: Beng is always one who impresses in match threads with some witty lines, and this response when describing how the Warriors players have been a bit.. sandy.. brought a laugh:

"When a mummy and a daddy love each other very much, they go for a roll on the beach...And mummy gets sand in her mummy bits." (Page 3, post #51)

On the flip side, which of the young blokes out there do you think has real potential to go all the way?

SM: Already touched on Shiv , and I think he and KangaFan35 are real prospects. They've shown plenty of enthusiasm behind closed doors, so now it's about translating that into presence and activity in the match threads. Willo_ showed last season how quickly you can get in tune with the SFA, and it'd be great to see them following in his footsteps!

And finally, what do you make of the team's prospects for the season on the field?

SM: It's looking like it's going to be a tough season, so if we can push on an get a few more wins to avoid the spoon, I'd consider that a success from here.

Cheers mate! Great to have you in for a chat. All the best on continuing a fine season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back