No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No you didn't, and neither did they. But doesn't matter.

Probably had a paragraph missing, I had a pretty raging headache when I posted it. But still, you didn't.

Not much future in telling people what they do and don't understand.

Does anyone think that given some decent recruiting, a little bit of luck and a heap of hard work, that Carlton could reach AFL standard in 4-5 years?

Last edited:
Does anyone think that given some decent recruiting, a little bit of luck and a heap of hard work, that Carlton could reach AFL standard?
Ah, you left out the last element: timeframe.

The list needs a huge clearout - they need 20+ new players in the next 4-5 years which means either using 4 x picks each year (obviously 2 of those will be 3rd & 4th Round Picks) or trading out older/senior players for higher Draft Picks. BUT, they have very little quality to trade out that will bring in high Draft Picks. They've got cash (and 'cash' ;)) for Free Agents, but they ones they'll attract will be heading there for the money - not for success.

Gibbs & Murphy would get 1st Round Picks in return, but you'd not give 1st + 2nd for either - I can't think of another player on their list that you'd send a 1st Rounder for (not counting Cripps & young guys as they're the future) & if you traded both out then their only remaining 'leader' is Judge Juddy...

They're screwed both ways.

Goodes war dance is not going down too well. That wasn't necessary either. He said he wasn't concerned with the boos, well god help us, he was!
Back to my tennis, only watched the last few mins.Heard Ralph talking about Goodes actions..
The media has blown this out of all proportion , the muppets keep on and on. I twittered Whinger and Robbo, told them they would cause it to escalate. That's exactly what it did.They should let sleeping dogs lie!Let it go Fgs media..At least it's not us this time!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, you left out the last element: timeframe.

The list needs a huge clearout - they need 20+ new players in the next 4-5 years which means either using 4 x picks each year (obviously 2 of those will be 3rd & 4th Round Picks) or trading out older/senior players for higher Draft Picks. BUT, they have very little quality to trade out that will bring in high Draft Picks. They've got cash (and 'cash' ;)) for Free Agents, but they ones they'll attract will be heading there for the money - not for success.

Gibbs & Murphy would get 1st Round Picks in return, but you'd not give 1st + 2nd for either - I can't think of another player on their list that you'd send a 1st Rounder for (not counting Cripps & young guys as they're the future) & if you traded both out then their only remaining 'leader' is Judge Juddy...

They're screwed both ways.

Fixed.

Goodes war dance is not going down too well. That wasn't necessary either. He said he wasn't concerned with the boos, well god help us, he was!
Agreed the reason why we think he's a flog, is because it's inflammatory, a piss poor attempt (if compared to the video linked on the game day thread), and really not necessary when up by 40pts in the 2nd qtr.

And the reason why, is because it's inflammatory, a piss poor attempt (if compared to the video linked on the game day thread), and really not necessary when up by 40pts in the 2nd qtr.

The AFL have created a monster with a giant ego to boot....This could get out of control.

It's pretty clear now that it would have been the AFL'S bidding to Abbott that got this flog the AOTY award.

Full exposure now complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back