No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Status
Not open for further replies.
a bit different to the malthouse dialog, but no surprises

Fairly standard for that dysfunctional family out at Tullamarine.

110 point loss, time to confirm contract. Just waiting for the one year extension.

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
Who's Hodge going to look to for goal-assists now?

In all seriousness, I thought he played really well against us earlier this year, and will be a big loss for them. We just need to poleaxe Hannerbury like the GF at any opportunity.

When ya back Roughy???

Bikefreak

Cancelled
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State, B.H.H. Perth Wildcats
Why does anyone continue to watch and/or listen to that fat pig?

Drunk again.

I can't see Hird lasting.....after all....what else can they change or get rid of that will make any difference?

Essendon board are behind Hird apparently and saying he will coach next year. Ordinarily we know how those comments pan out....goneski.

However, in this case I reckon they're waiting for the WADA outcome to avoid paying him out. I'm guessing a WADA ban would amount to gross misconduct or something among those lines allowing * to terminate.

Hird as the captain of the Titanix will go down with the ship if they allow him- staying for the payout.

Fairly standard for that dysfunctional family out at Tullamarine.

110 point loss, time to confirm contract. Just waiting for the one year extension.
Plus a trip to Tahiti to work on the tan and French. Oops, I mean talent identification.

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
Why does anyone continue to watch and/or listen to that fat pig?
It's not just him. Rohan Connolly in The Age today thinks sacking Hird would be too "hasty". #LOLBURGERS

Good to see footy back at Waverley Park this afternoon. Looked like 2 indigenous teams going at it, looked good from the little I saw of it and good turn out as well.

Possibly Clint Stanaway from 9 will do a report as he was down there today.

Sep 5, 2007
Gippsland, Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nashville predators
To be honest, Essendon can't really sack him, purely due to costs. As Robbo pointed out yesterday if they sack him they essentially throw away $1.75mil. They paid him $750k last year to not coach, then if they sack him they'll have to pay him out another $1mil to not coach next year. I know Little has more money than sense, but even he would see this is a bad decision.

Unfortunately for them, unlike Malthouse Hird won't force their hand nor resign his post. They are stuck with him at least until next year.

Hird's biggest problem right now, is he brought in blokes to try and compete this year, most will be gone next year in Chapman, probably Cooney if they have any sense, Fletcher will have retired as will Winderlich. Add to that Carlisle most likely going, Hird will have enough trouble just being competitive let alone making finals.

Question: Why is Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton spending a week at the Richmond FC? - (sort of sounds like the start of a joke in many more ways than one). But seriously, why?

I mean Richmond have won nothing in 40 years. There a knitting team, win one, lose one, win one, lose one, knit one, pearl one and on and on.
They win a game and there champions, win 2 in a row and they are the Premiers, don't even bother playing the season, give us the cup now to lose two in a row and its sack the coach, board, president and players. Terrible environment for a player of any code much less the AFL to be involved with.

Whomever decide RFC should be his place for the week...shame and........sack them and their coach and their president and their team.....

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Question: Why is Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton spending a week at the Richmond FC? - (sort of sounds like the start of a joke in many more ways than one). But seriously, why?

I mean Richmond have won nothing in 40 years. There a knitting team, win one, lose one, win one, lose one, knit one, pearl one and on and on.
They win a game and there champions, win 2 in a row and they are the Premiers, don't even bother playing the season, give us the cup now to lose two in a row and its sack the coach, board, president and players. Terrible environment for a player of any code much less the AFL to be involved with.

Whomever decide RFC should be his place for the week...shame and........sack them and their coach and their president and their team.....

So you don't like Richmond then Rusty.;)

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Buddy fast recovery: Frawley a chance to take on Franklin in round 16
Travis King July 7, 2015 2:48 PM
374939-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

James Frawley wraps up Lance Franklin during the Hawks-Swans clash in round eight

RELATED
The injury list: Your club's sidelined players

HAWTHORN defender James Frawley could return in time for a looming re-match with Sydney Swans star Lance Franklin, with the prized recruit making an encouraging recovery from a dislocated shoulder.

But young gun Jed Anderson (back) and Brendan Whitecross (shoulder) might not be available for Sunday's blockbuster against Fremantle in Launceston.

Frawley damaged ligaments when his left shoulder popped out after a marking contest during the Hawks' round 13 win over Essendon.

The Hawks feared the 26-year-old - who tore his left pectoral against the Bombers in round two - would be sidelined for at least three weeks but he is on track for a possible duel with Franklin at ANZ Stadium in round 16.

Frawley held Franklin goalless and to just seven disposals in his best performance for the Hawks last time the teams met at the MCG in round eight.

"James is progressing well. He's got full range of movement, pain-free in that shoulder, starting to lift a few weights again and I think the plan is that he'll start to join in some training this week," football manager Chris Fagan told Hawthorn's website.

"I'm sure he won't be OK for this week, but we'll see how he goes in the weeks after that."

Anderson and Whitecross were both pulled out of Box Hill's big VFL win over Frankston last weekend.

Anderson, 21, has played just four senior games this year after missing all of last season with a shoulder injury.

"Jed has just had a couple of issues with his back, which we think will clear up in the next week or two, and Whitey's shoulder got a bit banged up in the (VFL) game against Collingwood and he was still a bit sore last week," Fagan said.

"It's sort of touch and go whether he will be right to play this week, we've just got to wait and see."

Star forward Jarryd Roughead has returned to training after having a melanoma removed from his bottom lip.

The vice-captain was having more tests on Tuesday, with the results unlikely to be known before Monday.

It remains uncertain when Roughead could be available even if he gets the all-clear, with the big man needing to wait for the stitches to his lip to heal.

"That will be the issue if he does get the all-clear in regards to the melanoma - just how long it will take for that wound to heal up, so we'll wait and see on that one," Fagan said.

Meanwhile, Fagan confirmed wingman Isaac Smith (eye) and Matt Spangher, who was subbed out of Friday night's win over Collingwood, would both be available to face the Dockers.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys

Possibly Gatorade, hes here under their sponsorship promoting them, Richmond also sponsored by Gatorade.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
To be honest, Essendon can't really sack him, purely due to costs. As Robbo pointed out yesterday if they sack him they essentially throw away $1.75mil. They paid him $750k last year to not coach, then if they sack him they'll have to pay him out another $1mil to not coach next year. I know Little has more money than sense, but even he would see this is a bad decision.

Unfortunately for them, unlike Malthouse Hird won't force their hand nor resign his post. They are stuck with him at least until next year.

Hird's biggest problem right now, is he brought in blokes to try and compete this year, most will be gone next year in Chapman, probably Cooney if they have any sense, Fletcher will have retired as will Winderlich. Add to that Carlisle most likely going, Hird will have enough trouble just being competitive let alone making finals.

Not to mention the footy spending tax. delicious indeed

kimbopen

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2005
gc_26=geelong choke by 26
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Good to see footy back at Waverley Park this afternoon. Looked like 2 indigenous teams going at it, looked good from the little I saw of it and good turn out as well.

Possibly Clint Stanaway from 9 will do a report as he was down there today.

Spot on, Rusty! Just saw a report on 9 by Clint Stanaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back