No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

If you study the history, then the answer is YES!....Think it was very early on when some Carlton players were found guilty of taking bribes to 'throw' a game, around the depression era....I'll do some more research.

1910. Carlton. (The Argus Newspaper: 21/9/2010). You'll find the whole story in www.BLUESEUM.org/tiki-read_article.php?article

Two weeks after the Essendon game mentioned above, flag favourites Carlton lost to lowly St Kilda, a team who had not won a game all year. Carlton lost and speculation about the club intensified.

Unbeknownst to the players, the Carlton Football Club administration - no doubt stung by criticism levelled at them - had kept several players under surveillance during the season.

Something was discovered after the St Kilda debacle.

The following week, Carlton caused a sensation when it withdrew childhood friends Doug Fraser, champion rover Alex Lang and backman Doug Gillespie from the team less than an hour before they were to take the field in a semi-final against South Melbourne.

What happened next changed the game forever.

Members of the governing committee of the Carlton Football Club were certain that their players had taken money to underperform in the 1909 Grand Final loss to South Melbourne.

Alarm bells started ringing again late in the season of 1910 when flag favourites Carlton lost convincingly to St Kilda. ( The Saints to that point were winless for the season.)

It is not surprising then that this highly suspicious loss to lowly St Kilda on the eve of the 1910 final series caused great consternation amongst Carlton Committee members, who immediately determined to take action to ensure the embarrassment of 1909 was not repeated.

The Committee may not have been completely sure which, if any, Carlton players were taking bribes in the 1910 season, but they knew where the money would be coming from if it was happening.

In 1910, gambling on Australian Rules Football was not illegal if conducted by licenced bookmakers. Nevertheless, legitimate bookies rarely took bets on football games, simply because there was a strong belief that results were often “fixed”:

If you study the history, then the answer is YES!....Think it was very early on when some Carlton players were found guilty of taking bribes to 'throw' a game, around the depression era....I'll do some more research.
..I'm only speculating here..and I say speculating...what about this season?...what a about a game we have recently been involved...what are the possibilities here?...
.lets say...go back in time to 2010 mid season..you speculated in your mind that a club would go through a drugs supplement saga...would you think it or believe it possible?

..I'm only speculating here..and I say speculating...what about this season?...what a about a game we have recently been involved...what are the possibilities here?...
.lets say...go back in time to 2010 mid season..you speculated in your mind that a club would go through a drugs supplement saga...would you think it or believe it possible?

Don't know Harps....Anythings possible I suppose....The most atrocious game i've ever seen decided by an ump was that 2001 Prelim vs Essendon.

But we could speculate till the cows come home....I've got no proof.

Don't know Harps....Anythings possible I suppose....The most atrocious game i've ever seen decided by an ump was that 2001 Prelim vs Essendon.

But we could speculate till the cows come home....I've got no proof.

Reading between the lines from goldstinks public discussion since, he got off on riling up fans, particularly hawthorn fans.

Make no mistake, insted of adding more coaches, umpires etc, they need a couple of shrinks in the team

And the Hodge smother, while the kick was pretty ordinary, I'm pretty sure he stepped in at an angle as Hodge was kicking.
And the one where the umpire made one of the hawks players come back over the mark even after he'd signalled play-on?
Yeah what the fork is the go with that s**t?

The umpiring was about as s**t as we played.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Barrett trying to say a draw as good as a win for WC, I would have thought that 4 points was better than 2 guess thats why he gets paid the big bucks
Still being a tool and loving the sound of his own procrastinations.

If the game wasn't so critical it would be worth contesting Lake's penalty. As it is maybe the club should make a point by paying the fine. We've been persecuted all season.
If they lose its a $1500 fine instead of $1000 no other change as far as I know

Not sure if anyone has successfully challenged a fine this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lake got a $1000 fine :drunk:

What did that Sydney fella get for pushing Roughead a lot harder and later into some exposed bolts? Not even cited, surprise surprise.
That is an absolute crock of s**t.

The useless AFL *******s are ruining the very game that puts food on their collective tables and gives them a career.

What a freaking joke.

Not only was it incidental contact Lake even tried to spoil Vikery's fall showing duty of care. Corrupt MRP!!!!
That was my take on it.

For my money a few of the umpires are getting to be pretty fecking precious with their nancy boy soft calls.

With my tinfoil hat firmly in place...

Any chance all this s**t (horrible umpiring, ludicrous mrp findings) are the AFL's way of being mad about us extending our Tassie contract?

;)
Fork them!!!!!

Reading between the lines from goldstinks public discussion since, he got off on riling up fans, particularly hawthorn fans.

Make no mistake, insted of adding more coaches, umpires etc, they need a couple of shrinks in the team
And they need to make it compulsory for all umpires to have played football at some stage before they began umpiring.

Too many fecking sooks.

Interesting that you would pose this type of question. I was told unequivocally by a Tiger supporter friend of mine that he thought the Fix was in.

I actually LOL'd pretty hard. Not saying it isn't possible but I don't think this is the game to be thinking anything like this. I've been watching the replay and it is just a case of them 'coming to play' and Hawks not putting in the hard yards for long enough.

First couple minutes of AFL360 tonight... Robbo's "Monday Heroes"... 3 larger Richmond players ganging up and dumping Rioli into the turf after he's just got to his feet after being awarded a free for head high contact...

"Heroes"? REALLY? FFS. This * wit has been moaning about sniping and players doing weak s**t just like this for over a month now yet for some reason this is considered heroic and brave behaviour.

And the pointing out of Richmond expertly encroaching the mark and the protected area of the mark by engaging the umpire as they do is commended as innovative and evidence of Richmond doing their homework. Yet when the Hawks were using the (legal) tactic of laying a block on the player manning the mark after the play-on call was considered a blight on the game that needed to be cracked down on.

Anyone who reckons there's no media bias in play against us has their head up their arse.

Im starting to wonder if the players have been warned to be careful of the new signage. It may be being operated outside its safe operating specifications so close to the white line of a contact sport.

If you look at other games, the signage is a fair way back from the line

First couple minutes of AFL360 tonight... Robbo's "Monday Heroes"... 3 larger Richmond players ganging up and dumping Rioli into the turf after he's just got to his feet after being awarded a free for head high contact...

"Heroes"? REALLY? FFS. This **** wit has been moaning about sniping and players doing weak s**t just like this for over a month now yet for some reason this is considered heroic and brave behaviour.

And the pointing out of Richmond expertly encroaching the mark and the protected area of the mark by engaging the umpire as they do is commended as innovative and evidence of Richmond doing their homework. Yet when the Hawks were using the (legal) tactic of laying a block on the player manning the mark after the play-on call was considered a blight on the game that needed to be cracked down on.

Anyone who reckons there's no media bias in play against us has their head up their arse.
Imagine Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell pushing Shane Edwards over after Roughead came in over Edwards and kneed him in the head!!!

Slobodan Robocevic would have been whinging about bullying unsociables

We really are the evil empire arent we.

Im reminded of video of the seventies and eighties grand finals, and you can tell opponents are the sentimental favourites usually (not hawthorn again !)

But with a lot less technology rescources, the commentators back them were much more respectful to the efforts of any player, bias was anathema

"Heroes"? REALLY? FFS. This **** wit has been moaning about sniping and players doing weak s**t just like this for over a month now yet for some reason this is considered heroic and brave behaviour.

Go cryptor....bout time you ventured over to the dark-side m8.:thumbsu:....Olde Slobbo has had a guts-full of our success.:D

We really are the evil empire arent we.

Im reminded of video of the seventies and eighties grand finals, and you can tell opponents are the sentimental favourites usually (not hawthorn again !)

But with a lot less technology rescources, the commentators back them were much more respectful to the efforts of any player, bias was anathema

The pre-game in Sydney on Friday night had five scenes to introduce Hawthorn, and five scenes only:
1) Hodge's hit on Ziebel (3 weeks)
2) Lewis's hit on Goldstein (2 weeks)
3) Mitchell's clash with Tex (not cited)
4) Gibbo's elbowing of someone, for which he was fined
5) Mitchell's corky on Fyfe, for which he was fined

The evil empire indeed ....

Yeah, and the great highlight from the weekend is the repeated Hudson call of 'Lloyyyd, Lloyyyyyddddd kicks a goal to make it 19 pts ahead' and Finey opens his Friday Final Siren Show with 'thank you Richmond', LOL.

It really must feel like Shite to follow most other sides with a couple of exceptions of course.

As has been stated many times over the years on BF most of the current media still have dark moments, deep unresolved wounds inflicted by the Hawks over the journey.

I should feel a little sorry for them but I just have a laugh when I see the obvious BS agendas put into place.

The best thing about being a Hawk Supporter is; we usually have the last laugh...:p:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back