No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTC also confirmed what we all knew, Kevin Bartlett has lost the plot.
Firstly he suggested the game should not have interchanges. Yep, good one Kev. It worked in the 70's and the game hasn't changed one bit, has it?

Secondly he reckons Geelong would've won the Prelim last year but Varcoe missed and Bartel ran into an open goal and tripped over a streamer or the orange carrier was late to the 3 quarter time huddle or something.

Thirdly he says that Hawthorn would be much, much scarier with Buddy in the side.

No they wouldn't, KB. No they wouldn't.
Amazing how when Geelong lose by a kick it's that they could've won, but 4 years of Hawthorn losing in similar ways and it's all "the curse" and "they are mentally weak".

Firstly he suggested the game should not have interchanges. Yep, good one Kev. It worked in the 70's and the game hasn't changed one bit, has it?

Secondly he reckons Geelong would've won the Prelim last year but Varcoe missed and Bartel ran into an open goal and tripped over a streamer or the orange carrier was late to the 3 quarter time huddle or something.

Thirdly he says that Hawthorn would be much, much scarier with Buddy in the side.

I loved the way he said skills would impove if you reduced interchange. When Dunstall noted that Fatigue may be an issue, KB countered with that the game would open up and thus increase scoring, or something to that effect.

Made no sense at all.

Swans are in a world of hurt at the moment. Just seem to have lost their drive through the middle, which exposes their defence a lot, which means they lack run from defence, maning their delivery to the forward line is either very stop/start or rushed.

They're missing Mummy badly, he's 10x more important than Buddy. O'Keefe looks cooked this year. The young guns like Hanners, Mitchell etc have been well down on last year so far. Should still make the 8 but probably out of top 4 contention

I don't have a problem with KB, his love for the game can't be denied - his solutions may not be a fit for the current game but that was his point - do we want a game that is just a hybrid soccer or rugby or something that is unique - for mine there are things about the current game that I too loathe and the rolling scrums he talked about is one of them.

There are many who believe the dockers should of, could of won last year as well - maybe the hawks need to make an emphatic statement against Geelong like it did to Fremantle to silence all those naysayers and as for the buddy comment, it's an opinion - the guy was once an integral part of the hawks and he would of bought into that game plan and still taken the number one defender, so who knows how we would be going.

How good is footy at the moment?
- our boys are flying (beating best coach ever team by 12 goals)
- suffering a lot of injuries: Sewell, McEvoy, Mitchell, lake, Stratton, Schoenmakers, hodge and still smashing teams
- we beat Essendon with some Rioli brilliance in the last minute
- Carlton in spoon territory (losing to Melbourne - seriously!)
- Sydney wondering where it's all going wrong (losing to GWS - seriously!)
- Essendon have the perpetual axe hanging over their head
- emerging contenders are looking a bit flakey (north and port)
- huge game on Monday coming up

Loving it.

Why has he slinked back into the media this year? He was discarded and on the outer for so long, and suddenly we have to put up with seeing his smarmy head on the screen again.

Because they are hoping the public has forgotten that he is a druggie, woman beating adulterer?
Or because he is a hero on the footy field we should forget all that.
And apparently most have.

My rant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why has he slinked back into the media this year? He was discarded and on the outer for so long, and suddenly we have to put up with seeing his smarmy head on the screen again.

He loves to tip against us. He's not doing very well on that front...

Because they are hoping the public has forgotten that he is a druggie, woman beating adulterer?

My rant.
I havent forgotten, and I agree with you 100%

Duck is truly full of shite. Every single prediction of his is wrong! He contradicts himself ad nauseum. Can't take anything he says seriously...

Yep....Drugs are bad & will * you up for life....Duck is proof positive of THAT.

Amazing how when Geelong lose by a kick it's that they could've won, but 4 years of Hawthorn losing in similar ways and it's all "the curse" and "they are mentally weak".

Cant like enough. When you constantly have teams matching each other, luck plays a big part

My rant.

Yeah I don't get how he has a regular gig with Channel 7 and MMM, his image was destroyed a few years ago...
people have very short memories.

Refer Echols post above about it being a boys club.

Yeah I don't get how he has a regular gig with Channel 7 and MMM, his image was destroyed a few years ago...
people have very short memories.

He is also a regular panelist on the Marngrook Footy Show. Absolutely cannot stand the bloke.

How good is footy at the moment?
- our boys are flying (beating best coach ever team by 12 goals)
- suffering a lot of injuries: Sewell, McEvoy, Mitchell, lake, Stratton, Schoenmakers, hodge and still smashing teams
- we beat Essendon with some Rioli brilliance in the last minute
- Carlton in spoon territory (losing to Melbourne - seriously!)
- Sydney wondering where it's all going wrong (losing to GWS - seriously!)
- Essendon have the perpetual axe hanging over their head
- emerging contenders are looking a bit flakey (north and port)
- huge game on Monday coming up

Loving it.

I have a feeling we are going to love footy a whole lot more after Monday, my prediction is Hawks by PLENTY!!!

I reckon the only change will be Stratts in for 'insert unlucky individual here'...

Go HAWKS

KB is right about interchange, should be for injuries.
Thing about that is that there are many injuries that can be treated at the time every game. You'll just end up with a scenario of players faking injuries or being a man down depending on the rukes. It simply doesn't work. Better to go 2 interchange 2 subs if you're heading down that path. I say just leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back