No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think atm Hawks, Geel, Port are going well, with the possibilities of Freo, Sydney, North and Collingwood being threats.

WCE and Saints will probably drop a bit, Essendon im not sure about, but i think they will run out of juice ;)

Bombers board imploding tonight.

Loved the delusion of one Bomber fan saying that they couldn't wait to get a real coach back(Hird).

That would be the same coach who averages 10 goal losses to Hawthorn.

Got a good look at the port game tonight.......hard at it and plenty of spirit - looked okay, but skill level is severely down.

Dont underestimate the Sydneys and the Freeo's. Its a long season.
With so many sides losing games they should win, 15 wins will likely get you into the top 4. From there you just have to have some form at the right part of the season.
Right now Geelong are the obvious threat, but as you said its a long season and anything can change.

Sydney have the pieces to assemble a quality forwardline but will miss Mumford enormously and are starting to look very old & tired. Easy for them to cover the ground and run out games at the SCG but what about at ANZ & the MCG?

Freo's forwardline is hopelessly Pav dependent and the loss of Walters is one they couldn't afford. Their gameplan has largely been worked out too. I'm not worried about them at all.

Essenjection's forwardline is as bad as Freo's, Chappy won't last the whole year. They have bugger all finals experience and infractions looming, can't see them being a danger in September.

Port are far too young to pull off a serious flag challenge. Hard work, fitness and a solid gameplan will only get you so far. Their lack of polish will be shown up when the real stuff starts.

West Coast are pretenders who rely on Cox & Natanui almost as much as Freo does on Sandilands. Would help if they had a midfield worth tapping it to.
Collingwood have finals experience and not much else. Cloke's their only dangerous forward and their dodgy backline is just waiting to be torn open.
Norf are flat track bullies coached by a bloke with no idea. Richmond.... don't even deserve an explanation.

That's my take on the current state of affairs. Like you said its all about making top 4 and bringing form into the finals. Resting players will be important too.

Bombers board imploding tonight.

Loved the delusion of one Bomber fan saying that they couldn't wait to get a real coach back(Hird).

That would be the same coach who averages 10 goal losses to Hawthorn.
They're demanding Carlisle be moved back to defense. At the start of the year many of them were predicting he'd win the Coleman.

They're demanding Carlisle be moved back to defense. At the start of the year many of them were predicting he'd win the Coleman.
Didn't they say the same thing about Hurley.....the last 5 years.

Gee, I know Essendon fade away eventually every season but it's a bit early this year!

It always happens after they play us - see 2012 and 2013. Was a little hidden this year due to playing the clearly 2nd worst team in the league (carltank) but bombers are now in free fall.

People overrated Essendon on the basis that we played a s**t 3rd quarter against them.

I keep reading that "Essendon nearly beat Hawthorn" which is true enough in itself, but to give it some context I've also heard and read Hawthorn people and players state that Clarkson was not very happy with how we played that game, and how poor we were in specific instances.

No Mitch, and Hodge off around half time, the players lost their way for a quarter. Won the last, just a hiccup as far as I'm concerned. We were the better team for most of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see if they wilt away now. The chronic pressure over the drugs scandal and the potential for infraction notices must be taking its toll. In the short term that sort of pressure can galvanise a group, but in the long run it has to be destructive.

I am in that club too, only 1 winner so far this week. Downhill fast....:oops:

2/5
Tigers - Never in doubt.
Freo - That was wishful thinking, but I got a little excited near the end of the game.
Scum - Meh!! Drugs wearing off.
Norf - What was I thinking? Every single time! I pick them they lose, I don't they win.
Port - Was never gonna pick Weagles, even at home.

Would the saints revisit the bigboy trade now ?

I understand thy traded for talent but how would the squad be with bigboy, smallboy, beejay and ball ?

I think they got got Dunstan out of the deal didn't they? The Saints fans I know are still happy with it (not happy about BJ and Ball going though)

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Well, well, well... who would have thunk it. Just like Freo last year, this came from left field. So, a Hawthorn v Pt Adelaide Grand Final, eh? Let's hope the paps get a bit of stage fright just to make life a little easier for us.

The question is - how will we be able to withstand the Pt Adelaide running game*? According to the media, it's unbeatable, based on how they tore shreds off Freo in the Prelim. :p

*2014 version of the Freo pressure game from last year.

Port are far too young to pull off a serious flag challenge. Hard work, fitness and a solid gameplan will only get you so far. Their lack of polish will be shown up when the real stuff starts.
Don't like that one bit. Your description of them is striking of the Hawks in 2008. Now we're seemingly the big, bad wolf going on a rampage during the H&A season in pursuit of B2B. Sound familiar?

We of all supporters shouldn't be so ignorant to think that just because a team is young that they can't win a premiership. Even against seemingly irresistible forces like Geelong 08 and possibly us this season. Any team that finishes in the 8 is a potential threat come finals time and that is the way they should be viewed until they're knocked out.

Will be interesting to see if they wilt away now. The chronic pressure over the drugs scandal and the potential for infraction notices must be taking its toll. In the short term that sort of pressure can galvanise a group, but in the long run it has to be destructive.

Funny thing is Bomber doesn't seem to give a rats arse.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Well, well, well... who would have thunk it. Just like Freo last year, this came from left field. So, a Hawthorn v Pt Adelaide Grand Final, eh? Let's hope the paps get a bit of stage fright just to make life a little easier for us.

The question is - how will we be able to withstand the Pt Adelaide running game*? According to the media, it's unbeatable, based on how they tore shreds off Freo in the Prelim. :p

*2014 version of the Freo pressure game from last year.

Especially as the forecast balmy weather will favour port (if you actually believe forecasts)

Don't like that one bit. Your description of them is striking of the Hawks in 2008. Now we're seemingly the big, bad wolf going on a rampage during the H&A season in pursuit of B2B. Sound familiar?

We of all supporters shouldn't be so ignorant to think that just because a team is young that they can't win a premiership. Even against seemingly irresistible forces like Geelong 08 and possibly us this season. Any team that finishes in the 8 is a potential threat come finals time and that is the way they should be viewed until they're knocked out.

Ironically do they have a stuart dew - who was a factor in the swans 2012 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back