No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I've been around than alot longer than you and the others here. The person in question since 2001 has started the same BS over summer (or when the Bummers are losing) to try and get everyone to agree the Bummers of 2000 are the best. Great but after 3 or 2 attempts its a troll bay 13 stuff. He only gets away with it as its disguisted as an intelligent post. As the mods constantly change over time. To be truthful I find it all frustrating.

I'll say it one more time Mcchawk.

This thread is about the AFL in general and things happening at other clubs, not about your gripe with another poster on another board..

Drop it.

Opinions are fine, but discussing moderation of other boards is not. It's in the stickied thread on this board and, indeed, it applies to the whole site.

That being said, my 'pissing comment' was predicated on your recent history of making comments about the moderation of this board. You, of course, must be aware that I mod the main board?

Opinions are fine, but discussing moderation of other boards is not. It's in the stickied thread on this board and, indeed, it applies to the whole site.

That being said, my 'pissing comment' was predicated on your recent history of making comments about the moderation of this board. You, of course, must be aware that I mod the main board?

As I said it wasn't a go at you.:) I can't post in the thread itself for having no access. I would've made the same comment in that said thread.

I thought I could post my disgust of Hawthorn 1988 supposedly being a worse team than essenscum 2000 here. As a side issue which I realise I shouldn't have now I shouldn't have commented on the said poster just being a troll. And for that I was wrong

As I said it wasn't a go at you.:) I can't post in the thread itself for having no access. I would've made the same comment in that said thread.

I thought I could post my disgust of Hawthorn 1988 supposedly being a worse team than essenscum 2000 here. As a side issue which I realise I shouldn't have now I shouldn't have commented on the said poster just being a troll. And for that I was wrong

How can I not take that post as a negative comment about me and my fellow mods? It's fairly explicit.

If the main mods (most mainly new) had balls they'd card this guy for nothing short of a glorified bay 13 hack/troll like the rest of us..... Time to wake up Big Footy

As for waking up, mate we've had PM exchanges about mod criticism and all that stuff. I've said to keep it off the boards, PM me. But you continue to.

Post your disgust about Essendon, that's fine, but you're constantly having shots at mods and I'm over it.

Am I the only one who thinks North supporters have a massive chip on their collective shoulders?

They sanctimoniously bang on about selling games, tanking for picks, their "truly tough" players (and supporters) and "the ol' shinboner spirit" but the reality is they're financially dubious, have about 16 members and haven't won a thing since Carey.

Their relentless mediocrity is becoming boring for all supporters and, I'm sure, the AFL as a whole.

It's time we voted them off the island.

Am I the only one who thinks North supporters have a massive chip on their collective shoulders?

They sanctimoniously bang on about selling games, tanking for picks, their "truly tough" players (and supporters) and "the ol' shinboner spirit" but the reality is they're financially dubious, have about 16 members and haven't won a thing since Carey.

Their relentless mediocrity is becoming boring for all supporters and, I'm sure, the AFL as a whole.

It's time we voted them off the island.

They're a cheap man's Hawthorn

I've just watched the beginning of the Magpie wankfest for 2011; a breathless report on Andrew Krakouer's "masterful", 3 goal, best on ground performance......in an intra-club.

Jesus wept.

I've just watched the beginning of the Magpie wankfest for 2011; a breathless report on Andrew Krakouer's "masterful", 3 goal, best on ground performance......in an intra-club.

Jesus wept.

So hang on, Buddy kicks 3, WhiteX kicks 3 and Rough kicks 5 and we get shown Buddy bumping into Travis Tuck.

Hmmmmm..... :cool:

So hang on, Buddy kicks 3, WhiteX kicks 3 and Rough kicks 5 and we get shown Buddy bumping into Travis Tuck.

Hmmmmm..... :cool:

Because we are very rough, unsociable and lack culture. Didn't you get the memo!

Jesus wept.

Mess, mate come live in Perth - all we ever get is the wankfest for year xxxx over the Eagles - yes they will improve - they have a great developing list, could even be a final contender, Between Nicnat and Dean Cox - there ruck combination will be unstoppable rar rar rar

I must admit though - even though I hated losing against them - it was nice to see Freo have some success in 2010 whilst the Eagles copped there first ever spoon - did we seem some bandwagoners in WA then.

Jesus wept.
This gave me a chuckle too. "Pies already look ominous"!!
First thought I had was 'Who were they playing?!'. Idiots.

Weren't they playing with themselves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually interested in seeing this outstanding display but I must of blinked and missed it

The rest of the AFL sports report was a 'feel good' community story from the eagles camp - coaches including the coach of the carnarvon hawks taking tips from Woosha :eek:, players rescuing mangoes and for the benefit of the cameras some rooms being painted as a result of the recent cyclone.

Across town it was the announcement that Spider Burton has been appointed ruck coach at the dockers.

Welcome to AFL reports in WA :mad:

Great to see another story about Hird and the Bombers today.....:rolleyes:.

North seem to have copped a fair wack with the injury stick this year. Similar to Adelaide of 2010 and of course, us, of the last 2 seasons. It will be interesting to see how they travel in the first part of the year with these injuries to key players.

North also have to go to Perth twice in the first few weeks, so they'll probably get off to a slow start.

I can just picture the Bombers winning some early games and the media going berserk about Hird being a genius.

I like North as a squad. They'll be fringe finals contenders this season. Well coached and some good talent coming through.

If Essendon crash this year, they are developing (with substantially the same list Knights had). If they play finals, he is a genius.

Actually, he probably is a genius - that is a mediocre list.

If Essendon are no better than 2010, no one will have the cojones to say the Emperor is naked.

I like North as a squad. They'll be fringe finals contenders this season. Well coached and some good talent coming through.

If Essendon crash this year, they are developing (with substantially the same list Knights had). If they play finals, he is a genius.

Actually, he probably is a genius - that is a mediocre list.

If Essendon are no better than 2010, no one will have the cojones to say the Emperor is naked.

I reckon a few of us on here might Mess :D

I've no doubt he is under pressure but again he knows the stakes. Now the cynical view may be that the BFC are keeping their distance and waiting for him to trip up, but if they are trying to get what they can out of their remaining $1.9m investment in this guy, then surely someone is in his ear.

I'm not really the guy to talk to about addictive behaviour; I go weeks without a drink, never gamble, etc. I just don't understand the psychology/brain chemistry involved. What I do understand is the big picture; ie. I appreciate the consequences of my actions.

As someone who has flirted with addiction (does watching High-5 count?) and being around those who have struggled, some who have lost, the first thing that goes out the window is "the big picture" when it comes to feeding your addiction. It is rightly classified as an illness, one that some of us are more genetically pre-dispositioned to suffer from. Sometimes it is literally not someones fault that they get addicted, one drink, one flutter, one hit may be all it takes to get you hooked.

Now by saying that, it does not excuse an addicts behavior. An addict always has to take responsibility for their actions. If Fev has gone to rehab voluntarily he has likely taken a big step in admitting problems, and thats one of the first steps in taking responsibility. For that I feel some compassion and some empathy for him. No doubt others close to him feel the same way. The difference is that I dont expect (nor should I) him to repay my faith by learning some self restraint. Those close to him, including his wife, family, friends and footy club have every right to expect better things of him. If he repays them in full we can be happy that the system caught him before it was too late. If not he only has himself to blame, but it still doesnt mean I wont feel compassion for him or those close to him.

Great to see another story about Hird and the Bombers today.....:rolleyes:.

North seem to have copped a fair wack with the injury stick this year. Similar to Adelaide of 2010 and of course, us, of the last 2 seasons. It will be interesting to see how they travel in the first part of the year with these injuries to key players.

I remember Andy Otten doing his knee during Adelaide's 2010 preseason and wondering if it meant they'd have a similar year to our 2009. Sure enough they did. It's a scourge on the game but it's part of the game.

North will struggle. They don't have enough quality in their experienced group to really absorb to many injuries. A few go down and they'll struggle more than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back