No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two underground movements in the AFL this week, Trigg and Hird. Surely down the track these will hurt the credibility of our competition, and both very arrogant just so full of themselves.

And yet what Lakey did to Petrie was a bad look for the AFL.. Mmmmmm.
Beggars belief..

Meanwhile on the Carlton board.......
"Hodge doesn't come close to Judd's ability to drag a side over the line"
cheryl-cole.gif

So aaahhhhh yeah, general football discussion.......

carry on

How can the swans afford to pay tom mitchell 400k per season? Something very sus going on there.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...trigg-as-new-ceo/story-fni5f5nx-1226996535239

"Mitchell, 21, is tied to the Swans until the end of 2016 but is struggling to get a game for the premiership favourites.

The Blues have been pursuing the highly-rated midfielder and were surprised to learn that Sydney, which enjoys a controversial $1 million salary cap bonus, is paying him more than $400,000 a season."

How can you pay a player $400,000 a year who isn't even in your best 22??

With a players getting FA I really think that all AFL incomes should be reported like all other professional sports around the world.

A few eyebrows would be raised when they see that Jack and Goodes are on '$50,000' a year.

It's not really that surprising. Consider that about 40k of that is CoLA, then also consider that guys like Kieren Jack, Adam Goodes and probably others, are getting ambassador payments which adds another 500k+ to what Sydney are paying. If these players getting ambassador payments are reducing their "in-cap" salary, then that's another 50-100k for a player like Mitchell, especially since he is a F/S. For a normal club, it's the equivalent of him being on 250-300k, which is not unreasonable.

It's also why the outrage over CoLA is depressing, because it is likely only the tip of the iceberg regarding the benefits Sydney receive, and even if CoLA goes, it's not like they are going to let their darlings compete on equal ground and risk failing.

Yep and I was very worried by the $wans reaction to having COLA removed. They looked like absolute w***ers but I think it was on purpose. They acted like it was the biggest injustice in the world to have their COLA removed and it threw the rest of the presidents and CEOs off the scent that COLA is/was just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank god the clubs have come for the academies now, but what about the ambassador payments. What about the rental assistance? McGuire and Newbold have to keep pushing until its all gone.

If nothing else, *ird's return will hopefully do wonders for destabilising *'s push for finals and refocus the media on all that is wrong with *. :drunk:
"thanks Bomber, I've got this!"

Ha ha, like you my asterisk button is wearing out!

So, just one last time: f*** off, H***

I love how Robbo is quick to point out that Trigg's history isn't a good fit for Carlton who also have a bad history as far as the salary cap is concerned, but can't wait for King James to return to Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 69491 It looks like that upstanding hm,hm, :rolleyes:d/head James Hird was sun baking in France. He looks older than me, and that's saying something! :p He will probably need Botox soon, but Hird has a punchable face. I detest him. His whole attitude is arrogant, with that "Look at me" Aren't I handsome, and good looking.You all know I would NEVER do anything wrong. " "I am innocent, you all know that"
I think I will buy buy some boxing gloves, he would make a good punching bag...hehe, good practice...
Anti aging drug withdrawal?

Just wondering if it were discovered that Sydney were way over their salary cap, would they suffer the same penalty as the NRL imposed on Melbourne Storm, or would there be more sweeping under the carpet?
No need to wonder fellow Thai Hawk. We all know what would happen

For the good of the game :rolleyes:

You really seem to have a problem with monfries - it's the second time I believe that u have used a really derogatory term to describe him and I find it offensive.

yeah I do...and im sorry it offends you. But players that dive around looking for frees s**t me....him and Divegard are the worst. Biggest protected species in the game. Umpires little pets. You can't touch them...Any physical contact on your boyfriend and he gets a free. But when u tackle him perfectly at Adelaide oval and he drops it its still play on... Re the Essendon game.

Fk divers, fk Port Adelaide and the bullshit umpiring treatment they get at AO. Loved it when all the Hawks players got stuck into him after his little ballerina act ....were u offended with them saying how it is?? Write to Hodgey and ask him not to say mean things to Angus after he takes a dive and gets another one of his bullshit charity goals because you find it offensive.

I'm not for one minute saying he's not a good bloke off the field etc etc probably a champ...in fact he comes across as a great bloke. But fk him and Flopgard on the field...and that's what I'm talking about on here...on the field.

Maybe I should be more frustrated with umpires who love to keep the Pt Adelaide crowd happy at AO....but those two divers just get to me. Angus Morefrees has been diving since his Essendon days. But mate your concerns are duly noted....next time I'll ill use more appropriate vocab.

Just wodering why in the hell clarko would want to fill paul roos shoes in a setup that has been engineered by roos compared to his own job in a structure which was engineered by him ?

Just wodering why in the hell clarko would want to fill paul roos shoes in a setup that has been engineered by roos compared to his own job in a structure which was engineered by him ?

Do you know something we don't as I'm confused as to what this post relates to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back