No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neither side last night wanted to take clean possession of the ball. They pushed it, "semi-held" it, fake mishandled it, dribbled it and rolled it, but they wouldn't grab it cleanly. I guess they thought they'd be pinged for HTB if they did, but boy it made the game horrible to watch.
Dunno why, you hardly see a holding the ball paid anymore in the last few games. Except maybe after a run down.

24 to 11 Frees is a little skewed...

There are so many stats nowadays, why isn't there an analysis of the break up of each umpire's frees. Oh, I get it, that would just reveal the AFL's equalization program in action.
To compare what was a free to $hitme, and was not for the drug cheats last night was astounding.

They have surpassed Carlton and Bombers as my most hated list. And, as for players, Goodes heads that list by a duckworth head.

Neither side last night wanted to take clean possession of the ball. They pushed it, "semi-held" it, fake mishandled it, dribbled it and rolled it, but they wouldn't grab it cleanly. I guess they thought they'd be pinged for HTB if they did, but boy it made the game horrible to watch.

This, and holding onto their opponent like a square dancing contest

There are so many stats nowadays, why isn't there an analysis of the break up of each umpire's frees. Oh, I get it, that would just reveal the AFL's equalization program in action.
To compare what was a free to $hitme, and was not for the drug cheats last night was astounding.

They have surpassed Carlton and Bombers as my most hated list. And, as for players, Goodes heads that list by a duckworth head.

If we dont win this year, it HAS to be geelong. Least worst of a bad bunch

Jude Bolton has had too many knocks to the head.

"I guess umm a lot of ummm guys were ummm really well held against Hawthorn...yeah?"

Brilliant stuff Jude. Do you even know what AFL is?

Just shows that 7 don't want quality commentators on their staff, just big names.

Hmmm, so they played badly against us, but have another level to go too. Shame we didn't allow them to go to that level last week, but I guess that's just them playing bad, not us playing a beautifully planned game where we actually used players to shut down their good players. Crazy stuff.
How good was that level when we piled on 7 goals in the 3rd qtr?, it must be an insanely high level that we have to get to. Its laughable that the media still think they are the team to beat really. Going on about injuries to key players last week and not playing well and all that jazz, they seem to have forgotten that we made them play below par last week because of out talent and capabilities and we have more significant omissions out of the side at the minute who will improve the side immensely if we play them again, much more than Shaw and Hannerbery will. Hilarious hysteria, they have only played 1 great side in the last 2 months (Port nearly did them over up there as well) and they got shown up when the blowtorch got put to them in the 3rd qtr. This is going to be so sweet if we get up this year, it will make these so called experts look very silly, never write off a proven champion team, Geelong are an example as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was that level when we piled on 7 goals in the 3rd qtr?, it must be an insanely high level that we have to get to. Its laughable that the media still think they are the team to beat really. Going on about injuries to key players last week and not playing well and all that jazz, they seem to have forgotten that we made them play below par last week because of out talent and capabilities and we have more significant omissions out of the side at the minute who will improve the side immensely if we play them again, much more than Shaw and Hannerbery will. Hilarious hysteria, they have only played 1 great side in the last 2 months (Port nearly did them over up there as well) and they got shown up when the blowtorch got put to them in the 3rd qtr. This is going to be so sweet if we get up this year, it will make these so called experts look very silly, never write off a proven champion team, Geelong are an example as well.

True that!

Was nice to see Goodes get pinged for incorrect disposal/ throwing at least once last night.

This, and holding onto their opponent like a square dancing contest
The $wans bear hug.

It came to my attention last night a tactic I hadn't noticed before. Every time Richards' opponent went for the ball in a marking contest, he puts one arm around them and rests his flat hand on their lower chest. The result of this is that the opponent can only go up for the mark with one arm as the other is locked in by teddy. Needs to be considered holding if you ask me. The bear hug is often an extension of this when he's behind his opponent and just keeps switching arms.

The $wans bear hug.

It came to my attention last night a tactic I hadn't noticed before. Every time Richards' opponent went for the ball in a marking contest, he puts one arm around them and rests his flat hand on their lower chest. The result of this is that the opponent can only go up for the mark with one arm as the other is locked in by teddy. Needs to be considered holding if you ask me. The bear hug is often an extension of this when he's behind his opponent and just keeps switching arms.
He then gets praised by the 'experts' on the telecast who don't actually seem to notice anything much at all.

The $wans bear hug.

Always wondered what would happen if while being held you gave a swift reverse kick or foot stomp in the act of "pushing off" in the marking contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back