No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said Anglo Saxon because (a) Dunstall is an Anglo Saxon name and (b) Indigenous people have been predominantly subjugated by Anglo Saxons.

And just quietly ...I suppose when I mentioned the Normans I was referring to the non Caucasian Vikings who annexed the North of France? Those ones?

You're far too level-headed and intelligent to be arguing over the internet ;)

Name names;)

Our language is becoming a farce, honestly. One of my friends name is Gay. I have known her for at least 6 decades, and because of a few people she cops it for the wrong reason. Her husband died recently, she has two daughters married with older children, but their mother Gay is taunted because of her name she was baptised with. A sick world out there sometimes.

According to a poster* on another thread, Goodes said when asked "unless people have played the game, they shouldn't comment"

I'm pretty sure some of those with an opinion adam, have well and truly played the game.

*cannot guarantee they heard what they said they heard

According to a poster* on another thread, Goodes said when asked "unless people have played the game, they shouldn't comment"

I'm pretty sure some of those with an opinion adam, have well and truly played the game.

When a sniper like Lloyd is calling him out for acting poorly on field - he should be a bit more contrite, really.

When a sniper like Lloyd is calling him out for acting poorly on field - he should be a bit more contrite, really.

My favourite was Damien Barrett being concerned that the umps may miss a legitimate free kick seeing as they ignored a couple of his diving incidents in the weekends game

Being called a diver by Warnie would be a tough pill for Goodes to swallow. As perfect as he undoubtedly considers himself Warne trumps him by a considerable margin on the legends scale and when he tells you to "sort your s**t" out you basically have to slink away and do it.

Hehehe would have loved to have seen his face when he read that.
Spot on!

Let's hope that they also ignore the diving & ducking rats on Friday night ...

That will be impossible, they will just start umpiring the game themselves

Oh wait, what am I thinking - they already do

You gotta laugh. Sydney papers reporting on the incident:

Goodes:
300+ games, 3 GFs, 2 premierships, 2 brownlows, 3 Skilton medals, mutil all-australian, AOY,

Warne: 700+ wickets, took money from indian bookie, suspended for taking drugs, in trouble for sexting

I wonder who they are supporting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You gotta laugh. Sydney papers reporting on the incident:

Goodes:
300+ games, 3 GFs, 2 premierships, 2 brownlows, 3 Skilton medals, mutil all-australian, AOY,

Warne: 700+ wickets, took money from indian bookie, suspended for taking drugs, in trouble for sexting

I wonder who they are supporting?

They drink their own bath water up there. ;)

Warnie did play the game didn't he? Albeit under 19 & Reserves for the Saints.
I guess he was just a better cricketer than a footballer.. Give me Warnie any day of the week.

I was thinking of these two photographs and wondering who made the most powerful statement....

Both players are pointing; one at themselves and the other at the crowd.

upload_2014-9-1_11-11-1.png

upload_2014-9-1_11-10-35.png

For my money it was Nicky Winmar. It is a courageous, defiant image; "Here I am, take it or leave it, I am my own man".

The Goodes image is much different. It is not something you would like to hang on your wall. It has connotations of blame and bitterness - especially after it was revealed that the girl he was pointing out in the crowd was only thirteen. I know that many aboriginals have to put up a lot of discrimination and snide comments, and I can't overstate the extent of this, but I can't help feeling that Goodes missed an opportunity to make a far stronger point. Had he asked to meet with the girl to explain why he found her comments so offensive I might view the image differently.

The greatest progress toward reconciliation has been made by people who want to educate rather than confront. Nelson Mandela is the greatest example. Goodes, in his role as Australian of the year, has a responsibility to represent all Australians, not just native Australians and in my view he would be far better served to concentrate his efforts for the remainder of this year on conciliation and education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back