No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to Haler! Another 12 games required for FS.
One of the last traditions left, it should be left how it is, already the parent club has to match other teams bids which is fair enough. But the child should have an opportunity to play for their fathers club.

Those blazers look like College Blazers..mmm..I wonder where they wear them? Whats Ablett doing with all of his? Gives them to the Salvos, guess he could..
Has anyone seen them wearing them anywhere when the seasons are over?

I think you only ever get 1 blazer and each year you are named in the AA team that year is embroidered on the pocket. Gaz will need more than 1 pocket.

Presumably they will wear them Olympics style when go on the international rules trip. It is cringe worthy really.

I think you only ever get 1 blazer and each year you are named in the AA team that year is embroidered on the pocket. Gaz will need more than 1 pocket.

Presumably they will wear them Olympics style when go on the international rules trip. It is cringe worthy really.

Its a throwback to school days. Do you get a half colour if you are thrown out of the country, Fev style?

I was listening to SEN and I missed some of it, but they said someone On The Couch wouldn't be on it. The new member would replace someone.. Does that make sense? Lol Did anyone hear what was said:)

Mike Sheehan is leaving - the thought is that Michael Voss will replace him
The word apparently was that he is retiring completely from footy related stuff but there is also scuttlebutt that him and the Chief don't get on

Thanks for that. I very seldom watch the AA. I only saw the pics on twitter, obviously the tainted swans never turned up.,or P.A.?

Mike Sheehan is leaving - the thought is that Michael Voss will replace him
The word apparently was that he is retiring completely from footy related stuff but there is also scuttlebutt that him and the Chief don't get on

Thanks CP.. I have heard several times there is no love lost between Sheehan and JD..
No loss as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone else find the coverage of the mad Monday stuff by the media boring and cringeworthy? Personally I don't really get the whole concept (seems very juvenile to me) but if the players want to do it good luck to them. But why do the media cover it? :confused: It's like they wish they were invited to the party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else find the coverage of the mad Monday stuff by the media boring and cringeworthy? Personally I don't really get the whole concept (seems very juvenile to me) but if the players want to do it good luck to them. But why do the media cover it? :confused: It's like they wish they were invited to the party.

Vultures circling waiting for a mishap

I know of 1 club who use "mad Monday dress ups" as a way of raising money, and then donating that money to a charity each year
Good on em!

remember when men were men and didn't have to dress up like ladies? They went to pubs and glassed punters who looked at them the wrong way.

That's the AFL mad monday i long for
I was having a few beers in a leederville pub the day after West Perth thrashed Subiaco (1995), and funnily enough all the Lions players were there, including an extremely pissed (and still pissed off) Jason Heatley. He'd won the WAFL Goalkicking for the year, but did SFA in the Granny.

Anyway, we got along fine coz I was wearing my yellow Hawks cap (so he clearly in his inebriated state thought I was a Subi fan). That is, until I laughed and said the better team won on the day and that I was a Falcons fan. He lost his s**t and snapped a pool cue over his knee and went mental. A few of his team mates laughingly pulled him back into line, but I took that as my cue to leave (get, it, cue, ha ha).

I did end up having a great long chat to Bucky that arvo, though. Awesome bloke. He signed my cap and I never washed it til the day I lost it. Was pretty ******* smelly by that stage, but still...

I was having a few beers in a leederville pub the day after West Perth thrashed Subiaco (1995), and funnily enough all the Lions players were there, including an extremely pissed (and still pissed off) Jason Heatley. He'd won the WAFL Goalkicking for the year, but did SFA in the Granny.

Anyway, we got along fine coz I was wearing my yellow Hawks cap (so he clearly in his inebriated state thought I was a Subi fan). That is, until I laughed and said the better team won on the day and that I was a Falcons fan. He lost his s**t and snapped a pool cue over his knee and went mental. A few of his team mates laughingly pulled him back into line, but I took that as my cue to leave (get, it, cue, ha ha).

I did end up having a great long chat to Bucky that arvo, though. Awesome bloke. He signed my cap and I never washed it til the day I lost it. Was pretty ******* smelly by that stage, but still...

Haha classic tale.

That's what modern footy needs

"I think he (Selwood) just came in and told the truth. If I see him out after we play in a Grand Final I will certainly buy him a beer," Harvey said as he left AFL House.

I'm not saying he should have got done for it...But Harvey says it all really. North and Geelong........If it was any Hawthorn player. They would have got done...without a doubt!! Corrupt gooses!

A Hawk would get them off though if roles were reversed.

Browny copped a 5k fine for lying for Judd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back