No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing he offers sydney is cheap goals out the back, while his defender runs off him to go to twin towers.
And as I think others have mentioned, he offers zilch in forward pressure

The annual coaching merry go round is hilarious when you are on the outside looking in (unaffected as we are). Clubs hurriedly sacking coaches so they can secure another specific coach only to miss out on them and then having to appoint someone else is just one aspect of it that I find highly amusing!

They would be a much better side with two decent small forwards at the feet of Franklin/Tippet instead of Reid and Goodes. Goodes kicks some goals, but provides no pressure at all. The problem for them with Goodes going around again is it's going to be tough for the coaches to not play him because of who he is.

Hird goes, and Bomber gets seen as a backstabbing bastard. Great way to split Essendon fans again. More turmoil is exactly what they need.

Basking in it.
Even better if Hird gets the axe today, and Gold Coast swoop on Bomber with a multi million dollar offer. Essendon couldn't match it surely once they pay their legal bills!

from the essendon board,,they still refuse to blame Saint James for anything....and now Bomber is the mastermind villain.???..i mean, who is the person who has continually put himself before the club AND players...and is now apparently going to personally appeal the ASADA case, even though it was thrown out of court???.:

"I have no doubt that Bomber told the club he wanted to stay.. a new position was sorted.. he was about to sign.. and then news filtered in that the GC gig was available.. Bombers manager scouts it out..
Suddenly Bomber decides he wants a senior gig.. EFC Board have a melt down.. as Bomber has been the 'back up' if Hird can't continue..
And thus we have the debacle of last night. A complete farce. Yet again created by Thompson.. but Hird will be blamed.
I find it incredible that once again Bomber comes sailing out the other side of a drama without a scratch.. Teflon."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put a line through Sydney as a premiership contender. You can have 21 players beating 22.

While I have no great love for Goodes I don't think he was their worst on grand final day - not by a long shot. It was their much vaunted midfield (McVeigh, Jack and Hannebury) who didn't fire a shot and their wingmen Rohan and Jetta who were carved up by Hill and Smith.

And Tippett is the biggest squibb in that team - has a pea heart and no hunger for the contest - a real downhill skier.

Goodes might go around again but I think Longmire will have the final say a la O'Keefe

While I have no great love for Goodes I don't think he was their worst on grand final day - not by a long shot. It was their much vaunted midfield (McVeigh, Jack and Hannebury) who didn't fire a shot and their wingmen Rohan and Jetta who were carved up by Hill and Smith.

And Tippett is the biggest squibb in that team - has a pea heart and no hunger for the contest - a real downhill skier.

Goodes might go around again but I think Longmire will have the final say a la O'Keefe
I didn't say he was a bad player. He's a downhill, over-celebrating skier, but he's not a liability like a Reid, Jetta and Rohan are. It's just that the Swans players will have to deal with trying to cover for him when get decides he's too important not to be getting 110% of the attention and thus goes out on one of his attention seeking missions.

They would be a much better side with two decent small forwards at the feet of Franklin/Tippet instead of Reid and Goodes. Goodes kicks some goals, but provides no pressure at all. The problem for them with Goodes going around again is it's going to be tough for the coaches to not play him because of who he is.

aka Rioli and Breust?

But he won't be AOTY then, will he? Or will the great man get a second term?;)

yeah, cant afford to have any fwd not defend these days....cant really see him playing the Gia type mentor sub role either....and chews up valuable salary cap space....bet Horse is secretly pissed off....
Doesn't chew up too much space, not for Sydney anyway. Gil might be pisses that he has to pay another year of ambassadorial money though. Goodes is a defensive liability and it helps our gameplan. We like to attack from defense and Goodes does nothing to stop that happening. Him, combined with Tippett, in the forwardline makes it easy for Gibbo, Suckers, Stratts, Birch and Lithers/Duryea to waltz out of defense ala last Saturday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back