No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the bombers board, rines believes they are only 15 minutes of play of being able to match it with the hawks
What, the first 15 minutes, the last 15 minutes or the 15 minutes we seem to play per game when no side can touch us?

I think he'll find that 15 minutes is a bloody long time in football.

What, the first 15 minutes, the last 15 minutes or the 15 minutes we seem to play per game when no side can touch us?

I think he'll find that 15 minutes is a bloody long time in football.
I think he was referring to the 15 mins of the start of each quarter and the 15 minutes leading up to the end of each quarter.

I think he was referring to the 15 mins of the start of each quarter and the 15 minutes leading up to the end of each quarter.
The more I think about it, it's the 15 minutes that we're off the field during the half time break. If Essendon play through that, they might have a chance.

Or they might kick a point & stand there for 14 minutes waiting for us to kick the ball back in.

They seemed to take it even worse on the Geelong board ;-)
Found this beauty in their thread, which was posted during the GF. So fragile.

"I'll close with this: our era is objectively better than any other side by a long, long way and there's literally no way of arguing otherwise. It shouldn't even be an argument and it's frankly offensive that people will attempt to make it in to one. Our dominance of the competition dwarfs our nearest rival; virtually every statistic corroborates the assertion that our era was the best. The only reason I feel obliged to make a counter-argument is to pre-emptively rebut the misguided nonsense we're going to have to put up with in the aftermath of this game. It's nothing more than recency bias that will compel people to claim that Hawthorn are anywhere near us; if Hawthorn's era had come before Geelong's, there would be absolute zero dispute as to which team was better."

And then a few posts later, more wisdom from the same poster.

"Oh, and for the thousandth time, back-to-back is not a historically uncommon occurrence, and there's no reason it should be exalted as a big achievement. As has been pointed out before, winning a premiership two years after your first is, statistically speaking, a rarer event."

I think you'll find the 15 minutes to which they refer are evenly distributed across the 4 quarters:

There's one minute in which roughead doesn't take a pass on the chest from burgoyne 30 m out directly in front.
There's a minute where Langford doesn't run amok in packs feeding the ball out to Smith
There's a minute where the drugs kicking and someone almost catches rioli.
There's a minute where the man on the mark jumps that little higher in the air, but to no avail.
There's a minute where they thought they were looking at the scores on the scoreboard reversed
etc etc.

"I'll close with this: our era is objectively better than any other side by a long, long way and there's literally no way of arguing otherwise. It shouldn't even be an argument and it's frankly offensive that people will attempt to make it in to one. Our dominance of the competition dwarfs our nearest rival; virtually every statistic corroborates the assertion that our era was the best. The only reason I feel obliged to make a counter-argument is to pre-emptively rebut the misguided nonsense we're going to have to put up with in the aftermath of this game. It's nothing more than recency bias that will compel people to claim that Hawthorn are anywhere near us; if Hawthorn's era had come before Geelong's, there would be absolute zero dispute as to which team was better."

What a laugh! Nothing gives me more joy than knowing that we beat Geelong in finals on our way to at least 4 premierships that I can think of.

What a laugh! Nothing gives me more joy than knowing that we beat Geelong in finals on our way to at least 4 premierships that I can think of.
5 finals series.
89 GF
91 SF
08 GF
13 PF
14 QF

And then a few posts later, more wisdom from the same poster.

"Oh, and for the thousandth time, back-to-back is not a historically uncommon occurrence, and there's no reason it should be exalted as a big achievement. As has been pointed out before, winning a premiership two years after your first is, statistically speaking, a rarer event."

Their defence of their 'era' is beyond hilarious. We can now compare three 'eras' to each other - something they can't. Unless they want to compare their era of 3 premierships in 5 years vs. their era of 4 grand final losses in 7 years.

Oh and winning premierships with a gap in between is the new achievement? Srsly? Oh well, guess we'll have to start gloating about 76/78, 86/88 and 89/91 then. That's 3 gappers to your 2 gappers, handbaggers, we win again!

Last edited:
Their defence of their 'era' is beyond hilarious. We can now compare two 'eras' to each other - something they can't. Unless they want to compare their era of 3 premierships in 5 years vs. their era of 4 grand final losses in 7 years.

Oh and winning premierships with a gap in between is the new achievement? Srsly? Oh well, guess we'll have to start gloating about 76/78, 85/87 and 89/91 then. That's 3 gappers to your 2 gappers, handbaggers, we win again!
Edit, oops I didn't see the 76/78, so mentioned it. silly me.

Edit, oops I didn't see the 76/78, so mentioned it. silly me.

I forgot it then edited haha, keep forgetting all these premierships - harder to keep up when you win so many.

Their defence of their 'era' is beyond hilarious. We can now compare three 'eras' to each other - something they can't. Unless they want to compare their era of 3 premierships in 5 years vs. their era of 4 grand final losses in 7 years.

Oh and winning premierships with a gap in between is the new achievement? Srsly? Oh well, guess we'll have to start gloating about 76/78, 86/88 and 89/91 then. That's 3 gappers to your 2 gappers, handbaggers, we win again!
EFA

Enjoy your time in the sun . I wouldn't gloat mate as you will not win another flag for a long time . Your dads army excelled this year . Very lucky to win the past two prelims ,your best players all in their thirties .Here comes Port followed by the Tigers in the next three years may be GWS and Gold Coast after we win a couple .
Hahaha
That's awesome.

You did that Aussie thing where we call each other by the opposite of the attribute they present. You called 'Tigers = contenders', the same way Aussies call a red-headed guy 'Blue'... You're very good at this!

Good luck in the future, 'Champ'... (Am I doing it right?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy your time in the sun . I wouldn't gloat mate as you will not win another flag for a long time . Your dads army excelled this year . Very lucky to win the past two prelims ,your best players all in their thirties .Here comes Port followed by the Tigers in the next three years may be GWS and Gold Coast after we win a couple .
LOL tiggers. pls.

Well, you'd know all about not winning a flag for a long time.

Have Richmond won one in your lifetime?

Cheers. Re-assessing whether to renew my membership now. Appreciate the heads up.

Well done this year as you should not have been in the GF as Port was clearly the best side , seven more scoring shots and still nearly pinched it as Dads Army staggered to the line .As I said enjoy your time old timers as here comes the Tiges . Remember last year , you do not enjoy playing us .
Remember this year?
You do not enjoy playing us.
Or playing finals...

Well done this year as you should not have been in the GF as Port was clearly the best side , seven more scoring shots and still nearly pinched it as Dads Army staggered to the line .As I said enjoy your time old timers as here comes the Tiges . Remember last year , you do not enjoy playing us .

Hmm, 14 posts.
I smell an alt login - I wonder what his real name is?

And can both be red carded?

;)

image.jpg

You enjoy 1980 as well.

Thanks for the well wishes. But our time in the sun has lasted roughly 50 years.

It must be cold there in our shadow.

A little word of advice. Don't sledge with no ammunition, especially in a tussle of wits where you are unarmed and your opponents are hawthorn supporters. It only ends in embarrassment.

Are there tablets you're supposed to take for your delusion, or are you managing it through cognitive therapies. Whatever you're doing tell your mum it's not working.

You enjoy 1980 as well.
Thanks for the well wishes. But our time in the sun has lasted roughly 50 years.
It must be cold there in our shadow.
A little word of advice. Don't sledge with no ammunition, especially in a tussle of wits where you are unarmed and your opponents are hawthorn supporters. It only ends in embarrassment.
Are there tablets you're supposed to take for your delusion, or are you managing it through cognitive therapies. Whatever you're doing tell your mum it's not working.
I'll tell her tonight.

Last edited:
I agree. We are a phenomenal team given we can over come an onslaught from a young run and gun team to focus ourselves and kick straight to win. Thanks for your support!

Must be hot down Tigerland, the heat is affecting your brain, and what do you know about finals?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back