No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, Rioli magic , did you go to the GF breakfast that the Australian Business Council put on at the Palms?

Hey mate, nah I didn't end up going - a guy from work (German bloke - loves Aussie Rules and barracks for Essendon!:oops:) had a few people over at his place to watch it so I just went around there in the end.

How about yourself? Did you end up going and if so what was it like? I was a bit fearful with Sydney playing you would get all the rugby blow-ins attending and carrying on and ruining it for the proper Aussie rules fans.

Hey mate, nah I didn't end up going - a guy from work (German bloke - loves Aussie Rules and barracks for Essendon!:oops:) had a few people over at his place to watch it so I just went around there in the end.

How about yourself? Did you end up going and if so what was it like? I was a bit fearful with Sydney playing you would get all the rugby blow-ins attending and carrying on and ruining it for the proper Aussie rules fans.

Great day.
Just by chance we sat on a table that was predominantly Hawthorn and was easily the loudest table there.
It was really well organised and I guess there were 500 odd there.
I would definitely do it again.

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic....

Pretty amusing reading the media wank over Port Adelaide sweating it out in Dubai. I live in Dubai and it's probably colder here than it is in Australia atm. 25 or so degrees everyday, not much humidity, couldn't be more pleasant really...it's the middle of the afternoon right now and I'm sitting here in a pair of jeans. :eek:
Yeah but its a dry heat...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just finishing wiping the vomit from my mouth.
Anyone who was subjected to watching the channel 7 sports tonight witnessed "the toughest 90 minute training session ever caught on camera" according to Channel 7.

It was the cheesiest piece of promo I have seen for sometime. Good luck finding any cheese in Melbourne after that little ditty. It was a cheap(must have cost a fortune) attempt at a PR "injection". The only thing they failed to do was put the membership hotline number up at the end of the story. Players speaking to a journo whilst supposedly pushing themselves harder than ever before.

Cringe worthy. Essendon somehow continue to find ways to plum the depths. What a pathetic club.

Anyone who was subjected to watching the channel 7 sports tonight witnessed "the toughest 90 minute training session ever caught on camera" according to Channel 7.

It was the cheesiest piece of promo I have seen for sometime. Good luck finding any cheese in Melbourne after that little ditty. It was a cheap(must have cost a fortune) attempt at a PR "injection". The only thing they failed to do was put the membership hotline number up at the end of the story. Players speaking to a journo whilst supposedly pushing themselves harder than ever before.

Cringe worthy. Essendon somehow continue to find ways to plum the depths. What a pathetic club.
Pathetic doesn't quite cover it.

Apparently, having the media filming their questions during the tasks was all part of the session. Internal & external pressure, or some similar waffle. (Can't believe I actually paid attention.)

Just looked like a not so subtle exercise in media deflection.

It was probably just a case that it seemed tougher for them now that the effects of the drugs have well and truly worn off.

It was probably just a case that it seemed tougher for them now that the effects of the drugs have well and truly worn off.
Yep. They have to do things the hard way, now. Ya gotta feel sorry for the poor, cheating, sack-o-s**t, rat bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is going to Hawks Nest like going to Bunnings?I walked into the Hawthorn store yesterday and besides being under stocked i walked out with alot more than i planned to buy but i was one football short and decided to go to Waverley to get the football and walked out with another full bag,my son will be happy with Santa anyway!!!!!

Congrats on Buddy and Jes getting engaged. I know there is a lot of angst among us over the way Buddy left our club, I for one am grateful of the role he played in our 2008 and 2013 premiership years and will always cherish the 9 years of highlights and magic he gave us. Also I'm secretly hoping that if we are nice to Buddy maybe his kids will pick us when it comes to father son 20 odd years from now.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bud...they-are-engaged/story-e6frfkp9-1227163460458

Congrats on Buddy and Jes getting engaged. I know there is a lot of angst among us over the way Buddy left our club, I for one am grateful of the role he played in our 2008 and 2013 premiership years and will always cherish the 9 years of highlights and magic he gave us. Also I'm secretly hoping that if we are nice to Buddy maybe his kids will pick us when it comes to father son 20 odd years from now.

http://www.news.com.au/national/buddy-franklin-jesinta-campbell-announce-they-are-engaged/story-e6frfkp9-1227163460458

He's dead to me. His kids can maybe try fix that bloodz culture he is part of now. Good luck to him but he aint a hawk in any way shape or form anymore and if you think being nice to him will make his kids choose us you're dreaming, coz as supporters and a club we were brilliant to him and he shoved that in our faces.

He's dead to me. His kids can maybe try fix that bloodz culture he is part of now. Good luck to him but he aint a hawk in any way shape or form anymore and if you think being nice to him will make his kids choose us you're dreaming, coz as supporters and a club we were brilliant to him and he shoved that in our faces.
To be clear I can understand why people feel the way you do about Bud. I was angry at first because as you correctly stated as a club we gave him everything and he played us (fans at least, I'm sure the club clued on based on the role he played in 2013) for a fool, but now that we've won the most amazing premiership I can remember in my lifetime and have improved our list in key areas (ruck & defense), I'm comfortable with how things ended up. I was being tongue in cheek with regards to the kids part as well, we get to enjoy the now and will hopefully be there abouts again in 2015!

http://www.news.com.au/national/bud...they-are-engaged/story-e6frfkp9-1227163460458

He's a career-ending injury away from his kids not having an option who they want to nominate FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back