No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You just got to wonder why lies ahead for a club that seems to think Vickery, or Justin Koschitzke mkII, is someone who can lift them from a rabble to a contender.

Cameron Ling during commentary was asking for leaders to step up, a name he mentioned was Shane Edwards. God bligh me, if he is one of the leaders at your club you are definitely a rabble.

It's alright Richmond, you can delist Vickery, I am sure his Dad won't resign in disgust.

Bud would've happily stayed at Hawthorn had we matched Sydney's offer.

It's not about Hogan's future demands, as they could change relative to how successful he/Melbourne become. The Dees have made some recent mistakes RE player management, and will tie him down long-term if his quality showings continue. The only place he'd leave to before decade's end would be Perth.
He stated that he loved Hawthorn but he wanted to live in Sydney as that is where his now fiance needed to be to progress her own career. He was always going to go to Sydney (the city). Either as a free agent, a trade or if it came to it by the pre season draft.

You are assuming you know what drives Hogan. I don't know either but I'd leave open the possibility that he is after success above other things like being close to home or money until he shows otherwise. If it is success then he'd be feeling pretty good about the path Melbourne are heading down currently but things can change quickly. I wouldn't be making any absolute statements like where he'll be within the next decade.

Jesus Levi Casboult could not kick straight to save himself.

Here's the solution: Put him in front of the goals at training, and say he doesn't get to eat until he can kick one. Either way, it's a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He stated that he loved Hawthorn but he wanted to live in Sydney as that is where his now fiance needed to be to progress her own career. He was always going to go to Sydney (the city). Either as a free agent, a trade or if it came to it by the pre season draft.

You are assuming you know what drives Hogan. I don't know either but I'd leave open the possibility that he is after success above other things like being close to home or money until he shows otherwise. If it is success then he'd be feeling pretty good about the path Melbourne are heading down currently but things can change quickly. I wouldn't be making any absolute statements like where he'll be within the next decade.

He stated that he loved Hawthorn and wanted to stay.

But him/Pickering kept everything under wraps in order to attract offers (he was interested in going to Sydney). Jesinta and him didn't start seeing each other until mid 2013, before becoming exclusive at the end of the year. With the money Sydney were offering, and the evident distaste that he'd gotten from numerous instances of Melbourne media scrutiny throughout the year, the decision was an easy one to make. Jesinta/Bud wouldn't have worked had he not accepted the Sydney contract.

And I know Hogan through my ex-girlfriend.. so yeah, obviously I have some insight.

He stated that he loved Hawthorn and wanted to stay.

But him/Pickering kept everything under wraps in order to attract offers (he was interested in going to Sydney). Jesinta and him didn't start seeing each other until mid 2013, before becoming exclusive at the end of the year. With the money Sydney were offering, and the evident distaste that he'd gotten from numerous instances of Melbourne media scrutiny throughout the year, the decision was an easy one to make. Jesinta/Bud wouldn't have worked had he not accepted the Sydney contract.

And I know Hogan through my ex-girlfriend.. so yeah, obviously I have some insight.
And yet he didn't and it wasn't to go home to WA. Point is that not every player wants to go back home. If Hogan is willing to stay in Victoria if Melbourne are doing well then it's safe to assume he'd be open to staying in Victoria at a different club if they weren't.

Poor St Kilda, they were winning but suddenly realised they were actually St Kilda, and that was it!

Carlton failed to realise that they were Carlton, pretty lucky!

Poor St Kilda, they were winning but suddenly realised they were actually St Kilda, and that was it!

Carlton failed to realise that they were Carlton, pretty lucky
!

It was being played in NZ....So clearly, they went back in time (Or is that forwards?)....Any-hows, they forgot themselves!

St.Kilda exists in order to give Carltank & Loll'Wood a 50/50 chance at winning sumfin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back