Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could suggest that Williams plea of not guilty also demonstrates a lack of remorse. Could have saved the WA judicial system quite a bit of money by pleading guilty, saving the need for a trial, when a guilty verdict was always going to be the outcome.

One thing people need to be careful of (& I don't mean you MEB) is not confusing Williams' subsequent demonstration of charity with the Salvos as anything other than an attempt to mitigate the sentence he knew was coming his way. I see in his post sentence statement that he says he has hurt & let a number of people down, but yet again fails to specifically acknowledge that he actually broke somebody's jaw in an act of unjustifiable violence.

As for the judge's comments:

‘‘Had you been sober, had you been more mature, you would have let the matter drop,’’ Judge Wager said. ‘‘But for the aggression shown to you earlier, you would not have been involved in this matter.’’

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...harm-charge-20140422-zqxri.html#ixzz2ziDb1H1i

What a crock of s**t. If you can't control your behaviour after a few 'sherbets', well perhaps consuming alcohol is not for you. This judge has set back the 'one punch can kill' cause with her lenient sentence & her comments. I get sick of hearing defence lawyers & judges trying to mitigate someone's responsibility on the basis they were drunk. Such a defence can't be relied on for charges of drink driving, causing death or serious injury, so why should it be an excuse in the case of GBH charges.
Being drunk isn't a defence, of anything, not in WA (or I didnt pay attention in class) maybe the judge was just saying that (because its true) but im fairly sure they couldn't use being intoxicated as a legal defence, it might have swayed her reasoning on other legal matters one way or the other, but it can't be the point her judgement stands on

I much prefer Mitchell over Hodge. Hodge's terrible acting yesterday, when he pretended he was being choked by Stevie J, made my blood pressue go up considerably.

Stevie J was faking things there too. They were both hamming it up, having a bit of a larf.

Totally agree on Mitchell though. For a guy who isn't that quick, it's amazing the time and space he has in traffic at AFL level and very rarely gets caught holding the ball.

Would have the best awareness and vision of just about any player in the AFL I would think.

Stevie J was faking things there too. They were both hamming it up, having a bit of a larf.

Totally agree on Mitchell though. For a guy who isn't that quick, it's amazing the time and space he has in traffic at AFL level and very rarely gets caught holding the ball.

Would have the best awareness and vision of just about any player in the AFL I would think.

That's fair. Hodge shits me more than stevie does so he's forgiven much less.

Anyone interested catch of the day have football DVD's for $5.95 including the '95 victory pack but it's running out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with International Rules now for current or former All Australians because the top players only want to play if other top players do, a couple of Australia's best players Simpson and Betts, are now not eligible.

Fargo fans

SBS thursdays

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/-372sp.html

Intimacy and claustrophobia mingle as the Coen brothers' Fargo is rebooted.

Few film-to-television adaptations work well. Fewer still are brilliant. Which makes Fargo, a wry, uncomfortably funny crime thriller that hits its target with disturbing ease, a very unusual creature indeed. Based on the 1996 Coen brothers film of the same name, the television series opens with familiar tones and touches, but introduces new characters and crimes.

thylacine60

Last edited:
Fargo fans

SBS thursdays

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/-372sp.html

Intimacy and claustrophobia mingle as the Coen brothers' Fargo is rebooted.

Few film-to-television adaptations work well. Fewer still are brilliant. Which makes Fargo, a wry, uncomfortably funny crime thriller that hits its target with disturbing ease, a very unusual creature indeed. Based on the 1996 Coen brothers film of the same name, the television series opens with familiar tones and touches, but introduces new characters and crimes.

thylacine60

Yes!!

Anyone interested catch of the day have football DVD's for $5.95 including the '95 victory pack but it's running out.

hmm missed this, until this morning - its all gone, as is the history of carlton one. Picked up a few there though..that will no doubt end up on youtube in futre...somehow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back